X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Interesting take. I think you are wearing the blinders, but no problem
    Everything I said is factual about the teams involved in the tournament and what I saw watching the match. How am I wearing the blinders? PSU are overrated as a National program.

Comment

Everything I said is factual about the teams involved in the tournament and what I saw watching the match. How am I wearing the blinders? PSU are overrated as a National program.
      Are they overrated because they dont get the top ECNL talent? Or are you making the point that the talent itself is overrated?

Comment

Are they overrated because they dont get the top ECNL talent? Or are you making the point that the talent itself is overrated?
        They have some very talented ECNL players but as a team they are overrated in my opinion. Playing in the Big Ten is not indicative of how they would do against other top 20 teams. They are a very good group but if you place them in the ACC or PAC 10 they would just be competitive.

Comment

Sounds like you are looking at one game and im looking at a trend over the past several years. PSU have some of the cream of the ECNL/USSF program on their roster. What does that tell you?
          PSU has some great players from ECNL but so does FSU. It isn't always about the level of talent of players you have it is also how the coach uses them and what system they use. Average teams can win against juggernauts with the right matchups and system.

Comment

What that tells me is that your wearing blinders and not looking past PSU and all the other P5 Conference teams that made this years NCAA tournament. Five of the eight finalists this year are from the ACC. Clearly, the best players are going to the ACC rather than the Big Ten that did not do well in this years tournament. PSU has there share of good players but do not anoint them as one of the best. Against FSU one of their best players had an opportunity and scored a very good goal. Thereafter, PSU looked like a club team playing an NWSL team. It wasn’t even close as far as talent. What that tells me is that PSU are overrated as far as being a great team in a National tournament but are a good competitive team in the Big Ten.
            This year is a cluster f*ck and can't really be seen as a true show of power at the national tournament. So many top programs not in the tournament due to COVID. Or do you really thing Stanford is trash now but Elon and Stony Brook are rising power houses?

Comment

This year is a cluster f*ck and can't really be seen as a true show of power at the national tournament. So many top programs not in the tournament due to COVID. Or do you really thing Stanford is trash now but Elon and Stony Brook are rising power houses?
              We are the shore!! #matchfitfamily

Comment

FT and SC are over rated? Multiple YNT and future WNT players, both will be drafted to NWSL.

Comment

FT and SC are over rated? Multiple YNT and future WNT players, both will be drafted to NWSL.
                  Matchfit family!! We are the Shore!

Comment

Are you really comparing Stanford to those 2 colleges? The NCAA Tournament is about champions of their conferences and that’s all. The fact Stanford was not included shows you the depth of the PAC 12. That is what’s great about the NCAA tournament to have colleges like Stony brook & Elon the chance to compete against the bigger programs and hope for upsets. This is the Covid year for sure but you have to commend the players who have overcome every obstacle thrown at them. These players do not see Covid as an excuse. That is loser talk. The champion this year will be no different then any other year.

Comment

show me one example of them playing well enough to beat a good team. Not this year, but any of the last 3 years. The lost to Rutgers, Iowa and FSU. Tied Ohio State. FSU aside, on paper, they have better "talent" than all those teams. They lost to every decent team they played and have done for a while.

Comment

Are you really comparing Stanford to those 2 colleges? The NCAA Tournament is about champions of their conferences and that’s all. The fact Stanford was not included shows you the depth of the PAC 12. That is what’s great about the NCAA tournament to have colleges like Stony brook & Elon the chance to compete against the bigger programs and hope for upsets. This is the Covid year for sure but you have to commend the players who have overcome every obstacle thrown at them. These players do not see Covid as an excuse. That is loser talk. The champion this year will be no different then any other year.
                        Thats what you think is great. I think the NCAA is a fun event, but it is easier to win than the ACC tournament. I agree on the loser talk. This year has been hard for everyone on many levels. No way its devalued. If anything its a real test of any program.

Comment

show me one example of them playing well enough to beat a good team. Not this year, but any of the last 3 years. The lost to Rutgers, Iowa and FSU. Tied Ohio State. FSU aside, on paper, they have better "talent" than all those teams. They lost to every decent team they played and have done for a while.
                          You don’t need an example because according to your expertise “they have better talent than all those teams”. There is your reason. Maybe, your wrong in your assessment of their talent as a team. Yes, they have some really talented players but they just lack the depth of the top schools.

Comment

You don’t need an example because according to your expertise “they have better talent than all those teams”. There is your reason. Maybe, your wrong in your assessment of their talent as a team. Yes, they have some really talented players but they just lack the depth of the top schools.
                            I think you may be mixing me up with another poster.

Comment

With covid though a lot of colleges had shortened seasons, sporadic practices/training or just no season at all. The point was that comparing any team this year to any other team this year or this years NCAA tournament to any other year is just dumb. To many factors into why actual top programs aren't in it.

Comment

With covid though a lot of colleges had shortened seasons, sporadic practices/training or just no season at all. The point was that comparing any team this year to any other team this year or this years NCAA tournament to any other year is just dumb. To many factors into why actual top programs aren't in it.
                                This PoV tends to come from parents of kids who diod not play in the Fall. The assumption being that all the teams that did had it free and easy and built chemistry and tactics from regular practices and games. If you had a any clue what playing in the Fall was like you would know that is was nothing like that. Covid protocols made that impossible.

What "actual" top programs did not make it? What weak programs are in the Final Four?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X