X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Rec people in Florida Premier’s eyes are $ for their older 3rd teams

When they are placed on a team with the oversupplied competitive players it is combining Elite 1 and Elite 2 again and instead of a consistent talent base, it has polar opposites - but FL Premier directors don’t care about team chemistry when it’s another golf ball seller on the team. The competitive players don’t have time or patience for that. They didn’t ask for Rec players, and the club doesn’t step in to avoid the balance disruption for the sake of chemistry - for the club it is about $ and inflated numbers to show the folks in Glen Allen on their 20th ECNL application.

The team ends up playing with half their hand tied behind their back and having to play down because the Rec players don’t step to the ball, have no first touch or ways to dribble out of pressure. It’s a joke. Plus the Rec players don’t have the commitment to practices and games the competitive players do. No one likes to have same 8 competitive players show up to practice. The coach doesn’t care - he’s so far down the food chain it’s money in his pocket for glorified babysitting with a Capelli shirt.

So when it comes time for the penalty kick shootout - use your competitive players and don’t waste a hard fought game on losing the tie-breaker by putting in the team managers Rec kid to ruin the chance to have won.
    Don't judge all of the Florida's soccer situation on Florida Premier. Florida Premier languished as West Pasco for more than 30-years. It is 15-years behind.

Comment

Rec people in Florida Premier’s eyes are $ for their older 3rd teams

When they are placed on a team with the oversupplied competitive players it is combining Elite 1 and Elite 2 again and instead of a consistent talent base, it has polar opposites - but FL Premier directors don’t care about team chemistry when it’s another golf ball seller on the team. The competitive players don’t have time or patience for that. They didn’t ask for Rec players, and the club doesn’t step in to avoid the balance disruption for the sake of chemistry - for the club it is about $ and inflated numbers to show the folks in Glen Allen on their 20th ECNL application.

The team ends up playing with half their hand tied behind their back and having to play down because the Rec players don’t step to the ball, have no first touch or ways to dribble out of pressure. It’s a joke. Plus the Rec players don’t have the commitment to practices and games the competitive players do. No one likes to have same 8 competitive players show up to practice. The coach doesn’t care - he’s so far down the food chain it’s money in his pocket for glorified babysitting with a Capelli shirt.
      Once a "rec" player is signed up as a "competitive" player and pays those fees, they are no longer a "rec" player, and those fees are supposed to get that coach to put in the time and effort to teach them. If they cannot, or the kid is unwilling, then refund their money and tell the parents you are sorry.

Comment

Once a "rec" player is signed up as a "competitive" player and pays those fees, they are no longer a "rec" player, and those fees are supposed to get that coach to put in the time and effort to teach them. If they cannot, or the kid is unwilling, then refund their money and tell the parents you are sorry.
        The idealism in this doesn’t fit reality. No 2nd or 3rd tiered coach is going to be the personal trainer to your particular kid compared to the others on the team. Wearing a red Captain Obvious Capelli practice jersey doesn’t transform your “rec” kid to “competitive” just as much as painting your used car makes it a brand new. Florida Premier isn’t turning down $1500 to a rec kid that wants to play competitive. Period. Most clubs wouldn’t take a Rec player to disrupt the team chemistry but there is one club that will. Stop the madness and leave your REC players in REC.

Comment

I'm guessing you are unfamiliar with the game changing concept AL rolled out last year and again 2 days ago known as "Open Enrollment"

The idealism in this doesn’t fit reality. No 2nd or 3rd tiered coach is going to be the personal trainer to your particular kid compared to the others on the team. Wearing a red Captain Obvious Capelli practice jersey doesn’t transform your “rec” kid to “competitive” just as much as painting your used car makes it a brand new. Florida Premier isn’t turning down $1500 to a rec kid that wants to play competitive. Period. Most clubs wouldn’t take a Rec player to disrupt the team chemistry but there is one club that will. Stop the madness and leave your REC players in REC.

Comment

I'm guessing you are unfamiliar with the game changing concept AL rolled out last year and again 2 days ago known as "Open Enrollment"
            You forgot to add the E-Sports addon. Fortnite for the win!!!!

Comment

I agree. When they call them competitive tryouts, no one is really trying out for anything, because I doubt anyone is getting cut. But it gives the Pasco Parents something to brag about, when they have their wines along the sidelines.

Comment

I guess AL was just ahead of the game then with open enrollment.

I agree. When they call them competitive tryouts, no one is really trying out for anything, because I doubt anyone is getting cut. But it gives the Pasco Parents something to brag about, when they have their wines along the sidelines.

Comment

TBU is so pathetic, its not FP, or SS, CC, WFF, Celtic fault TBU players are returning to these clubs, my daughter's team got 4 players from TBU, I know few girls as well that went to Celtic and FP....TBU ur problem is AL, he is destroying ur club, stop blaming everyone else...

Comment

Not true … my kids plays with FP and his team got moved up one level. Several players were told they didn't have a place on the team. It was sad but the right thing to do. If they have more kids that level they will form another lower level team and put those kids on if not they will lose the revenue. But guess what, they are OK with that because quality comes before quantity.

Comment

Not true … my kids plays with FP and his team got moved up one level. Several players were told they didn't have a place on the team. It was sad but the right thing to do. If they have more kids that level they will form another lower level team and put those kids on if not they will lose the revenue. But guess what, they are OK with that because quality comes before quantity.
                      That sounds like they got rid of a low level team due to lack of a roster, and rather than split those remaining kids onto teams they aren't good enough to play on, they are asking them to wait and see if they can get more kids to sign up to create another team and add a coach. If they had 11 extra kids tryout, they'd definitely would have kept them for their "C" team.

Comment

There is no way that is true at least on the boys side. There are kids on my sons FP team that are getting calls daily (because they attended a tryout at TBU as well) basically begging them to come from a "lower division" FP team to their ECNL and ECNL-R teams. They are struggling to fill them now that they lost the WC groups to fill those slots and I can tell you the kids they are offering ECNL barely belong on a 3rd team.

That sounds like they got rid of a low level team due to lack of a roster, and rather than split those remaining kids onto teams they aren't good enough to play on, they are asking them to wait and see if they can get more kids to sign up to create another team and add a coach. If they had 11 extra kids tryout, they'd definitely would have kept them for their "C" team.

Comment

There is no way that is true at least on the boys side. There are kids on my sons FP team that are getting calls daily (because they attended a tryout at TBU as well) basically begging them to come from a "lower division" FP team to their ECNL and ECNL-R teams. They are struggling to fill them now that they lost the WC groups to fill those slots and I can tell you the kids they are offering ECNL barely belong on a 3rd team.
                          Different ages/ boys/girls teams? Otherwise these two posts state two different things.

Comment

Honestly don't have a clue about the girls side, but through friends I'm seeing on on the boys side across all junior and senior 11 v 11 teams where TBU is desperately trying to get FP boys to come to their ECNL or ECNLR teams. And they are absolutely stalking any kid that plays keeper.

Different ages/ boys/girls teams? Otherwise these two posts state two different things.

Comment

No, actually they got quite a few new players (some from TBU ECNLR) so they decided to put the team in a higher league and cut the kids who didn't belong. Mind you they could have kept them as the roster is far from full but they rather decided to increase quality and forgo the money. I think that's the right decision.

Comment

Radd. Sports.

Mike Moore is a big time friend of Blevins and is well aware of scumbag stu and his shady dealings.

Mike moore?

Mike Moore, the chairman of the Tourist Development Council and Pasco County Commissioner, said the exposure possibilities for Pasco were “off the charts.”

Stuart Campbell has arrived now... all will be well

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X