Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    this must be an ow mom. pretty typical with the entitlement there. maybe if your kid put in an effort in training and games she'd get on the field more. ask yourself this question is she there for the social aspect of the game? the sleep overs, get togethers or is she there to work not only at training but what she needs to do off the field to get better. maybe take the time to actually watch your daughter train.
    Case and point about BS on TS right here ^^^^. Spartacus' kid comes home from school and trains for 3 hours before practice and only eats egg whites and lean chicken. Give me a break. His kid probably hates him as much as we do and also knows he is full of shyte.

Comment

If in elementary school, definitely ask yourself. Middle school try having the player ask first but follow up yourself with the coach because kids' listening skills are generally terrible. Could be the kid isn't putting in the effort, more likely they're not on the right team. Ask the coach for honesty - many will be honest when asked. We needed to move one of mine when they were in over their heads and on the younger side for a team in MS. By HS none of that mattered as puberty is a greater leveler. But had we not moved them then I don't think they would have stuck with it. Confidence matters and the right fit can help that.

Comment

Case and point about BS on TS right here ^^^^. Spartacus' kid comes home from school and trains for 3 hours before practice and only eats egg whites and lean chicken. Give me a break. His kid probably hates him as much as we do and also knows he is full of shyte.
        Very typical. Person comes on and asks for advice. An "entitled" parent would've gone straight to the DOC and not ask TS for advice. Right now this guy is "beating his eggs" before his kid gets home and gets her on that treadmill for a nice 8 miles before practice.

Comment

Kid has had a major drop in playing time last few weeks. Started some games in fall and is now riding the bench. Before if player didn’t start the kid would get in and often play a lot. Should player approach coach? Doesn’t seem to clearly know why. Likes the team but if player makes it next year doesn’t want to stay to just pay the bills. Wants to play. Confidence in the toilet. What age is too old for parent to ask?
          what age group are we talking about hear ?

Comment

People are never too old to advocate for themselves. Tell your kid to talk to the coach and ask 1) what am I doing wrong to get less PT? 2.) What do I need to do to get it back? Kill #2 in practices and games and just overall recommit and work hard. Kids get into a boring routine too and sometimes just need to refocus. Bottom line is address it quickly. Coaches don't realize they are taking away confidence but will be happy to keep accepting checks ..... If your kid steps up noticeably and doesn't earn it back, take the new attitude and find a more receptive coach/team and keep that confidence going if they can find it again (not an easy thing to do). By no means am I saying to back your kid at all costs and that they don't have responsibility here, but they have to want it and earn it back. If they commit and do it, back them 100% and make sure it was all worth it. You better hurry though, it's tryout season. Go workout with other teams as well, this week to see how your kid handles that and does against fresh meat .... Perhaps they just need a change of scenery (but, be forewarned, this is not for all kids). Good luck!
            Maybe the coach isn’t hurting the kids confidence? Maybe the kids confidence is shot bc they are on a team that is over their ability level? Just like in a classroom. Something else to consider. No matter how hard they work, some kids will just not be good enough. It’s a life lesson. How they handle it is up to you and them. Keep working hard and hope it pays off or go somewhere else that’s a better fit level wise. No shame in that.

Comment

Kid has had a major drop in playing time last few weeks. Started some games in fall and is now riding the bench. Before if player didn’t start the kid would get in and often play a lot. Should player approach coach? Doesn’t seem to clearly know why. Likes the team but if player makes it next year doesn’t want to stay to just pay the bills. Wants to play. Confidence in the toilet. What age is too old for parent to ask?
              I would just leave CFC

Comment

or just wake up to realty and have them apply at Taco bell, they are playing good now
                "realty" vs "reality" - Why don't you stop replying and go back and put together my Whopper you moron

Comment

Christian Pulisic this season is a great example that at every level of competition, talented players see ups and downs in playing time. We know from interviews it’s not for any straightforward reason. Despite goal production in the most important competitions he’s anything but a lock for starting in the Champions League final. This doesn’t help you, but worth pointing out to your kid that even America’s most talented club has faced uncertain adversity and his only recourse has been to work harder to prove himself.

Comment

"realty" vs "reality" - Why don't you stop replying and go back and put together my Whopper you moron
                    I hear you like to take the whopper all the way down your troat

Comment

Maybe the coach isn’t hurting the kids confidence? Maybe the kids confidence is shot bc they are on a team that is over their ability level? Just like in a classroom. Something else to consider. No matter how hard they work, some kids will just not be good enough. It’s a life lesson. How they handle it is up to you and them. Keep working hard and hope it pays off or go somewhere else that’s a better fit level wise. No shame in that.
                      Definitely a possibility .... try harder and perhaps you can catch up ... perhaps not. Better to try and fail than not to take stock and just blame it on the coach alone.

Comment

if this is happening at ow I can guarantee you if the mom talks to the coach the kid will play a lot this coming weekend!

Comment

By U12 i had my D advocate for herself. I end up talking to her coach at most 1x per year, sometimes not even that. Might be that things could have swayed further in her favor if i was talking to club all the time but the lesson that she has to face up to the "authority figure" and present her issues plainly is important and worth prioritizing imo. As someone else said, an unhealthy situation is another thing entirely and that a parent has to step in to handle.

Comment

By U12 i had my D advocate for herself. I end up talking to her coach at most 1x per year, sometimes not even that. Might be that things could have swayed further in her favor if i was talking to club all the time but the lesson that she has to face up to the "authority figure" and present her issues plainly is important and worth prioritizing imo. As someone else said, an unhealthy situation is another thing entirely and that a parent has to step in to handle.
                            so what your saying is at the age of 15 mommy should not be talking to the coach about D playing time?

Comment

so what your saying is at the age of 15 mommy should not be talking to the coach about D playing time?
                              Yes it’s a life lesson. If you want something you have to go get it yourself. It won’t be different in your kids first job or college or career. Welcome to paradise!

Comment

But you did anyways, 1x per year?! Hmmmmm ... sounds like you dont practice what you preach. I have never spoken to my kids coaches except to say hi in passing .... and never will. If my kids dont like it, they can work harder, talk to the coach or do whatever makes them feel better (except quit during a season).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X