• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi,
    I am trying to figure which is good for my U13 girl
    - PDA White ECRL
    Or
    - PSA

Does playing in ECRL have better practice than PSA? And is there any chance of moving up to PDA ECNL later sometime, based on performance ?
    Having been there...I would go do ID session with each team and also watch practice and a game...see how each is coached ...are there assistant or other coaches ? Do all the girls get playing time? What is the style of play..does it fit your D? Some teams/leagues are very physical so at 12 or 13 smaller later to develop girls can get bounced around and can lose confidence....

PDA north always had pretty good well coached teams and gave playing time at the younger ages....my D didn't play PSA much so really can't comment about them ...

Sometimes its more about the coach then the club...but once your in that coach can be replaced at anytime.. :

Go with what feels right to your D...don't chase letters ...PDA etc...

In the end its not worth all the drama, $$$, and BS...better she be happy and actually enjoy playing...unfortunately that is becoming less and less likely with how youth soccer is run these days..

Comment

well PSA is now ECRL so if you went to PSA 2 years ago, congrats you are ECRL now (depending on which PSA you went to).

I just noticed that 'PSA North '12 Orange' has just changed their name to 'PSA North 12G Pre-ECNL RL'. So I guess you can only guess which PSA team will be their ECRL team

Comment

and 'STA MOSC 12G' just became 'STA MOSC 12G NAL'

and 'Scotch Plains Ertz' just became 'NJ Nationals SPFSC Ertz'

it's all about marketing

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
          well PSA is now ECRL so if you went to PSA 2 years ago, congrats you are ECRL now (depending on which PSA you went to).

I just noticed that 'PSA North '12 Orange' has just changed their name to 'PSA North 12G Pre-ECNL RL'. So I guess you can only guess which PSA team will be their ECRL team
          “Pre-ECNL”…that’s funny how these ECRL clubs will keep promoting that ECNL will be an option in the future…It will never happen.

Comment

and 'STA MOSC 12G' just became 'STA MOSC 12G NAL'

and 'Scotch Plains Ertz' just became 'NJ Nationals SPFSC Ertz'

it's all about marketing
            Scotch Plains ertz and NJ Nationals were two teams that shared a dozen or so players and we're in the same division

Comment

They just toggle back and forth whichever team is stronger between SDFC/North and Monmouth. The 13s will end up being the ECRL team most likely. They have to use Monmouth because the North teams don’t have an ECNL acceptable field. Every year or two the North teams are playing at a different field and have to use that crappy dome for the u-littles because the Sportsfriends field they lease keeps flooding. Sh!tshow

Comment

They just toggle back and forth whichever team is stronger between SDFC/North and Monmouth. The 13s will end up being the ECRL team most likely. They have to use Monmouth because the North teams don’t have an ECNL acceptable field. Every year or two the North teams are playing at a different field and have to use that crappy dome for the u-littles because the Sportsfriends field they lease keeps flooding. Sh!tshow
                wow - how hard is it to get a field that works? Cant imagine that difficult

Comment

Its north-ish Jersey. not a ton of free space. probably cheaper to buy a town-level club that has fields than something else. But no good kids will ever stay long term if there is no plan...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X