Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    All the central Pinellas families that wanted to be Celtic are already Celtic. Celtic to the Largo fields? Not wanted. Not needed.
    I understand what you are saying but they have trouble using the fields when both soccer and baseball are going on from what I remember when I was there back in the Gulf Coast days. It was always a pain in the you know what to get in and out of the complex than with little parking. Why not if they want to take over a club that is dying let them. They are looking to move to use fields and have the space to fit all they have at their complex right now. I don't see the harm in it.

I do however get what you mean about everyone that wants to be there is already, but what about the fact that everyone that wants to be with FP would be there with them already and they haven't had a good start here in Pinellas from what I saw at the tryouts while my kid was there. We went for the academy one they did on a Sunday and there were maybe 40 kids I want to say and that is a high number that might have been less. They then called me saying can you come back we are holding another night and would love to see your player again. We go back and the numbers are lower. I just feel that the club there isn't going to work and maybe they need to get some new life in there. If not Celtic like you feel then who do you recommend.

The city sent out offers to everyone to give them all a shot at taking over the fields and it's down to Largo and Celtic. No matter who gets it there is no hope for the fields as they have been tainted by that man in charge there.

Comment

All the central Pinellas families that wanted to be Celtic are already Celtic. Celtic to the Largo fields? Not wanted. Not needed.
      It's gonna be Celtic and kids going to TBU and Chargers will be staying home more often. It's positive.

Comment

It's gonna be Celtic and kids going to TBU and Chargers will be staying home more often. It's positive.
        so you say this but parents from Celtic are under the impression that Celtic is only looking to build a rec program there at largo first and the club teams are going to stay a the fields they are now. so my question is then how is that a positive thing for the area? if my kid plays for TBU or CC and you want me to bring them to Celtic and I find out they are still in the same place and not at a new complex I would be questioning things wondering what is the deal and then might just take my player back to the club we came from

For someone to grow that site they will need to fix what largo has broken with AS having no true board and running a shady business practice there. I don't know if there really is any hope for it but I would love to see the fields there used to bring life for the sport back to that location.

Comment

They would already be celtic but aren't. Celtic is not wanted. Not needed. They are just going to end up having those fields used for flag football and ither sports instead of soccer. Good job hurting soccer out of fear of competition.

Comment

They would already be celtic but aren't. Celtic is not wanted. Not needed. They are just going to end up having those fields used for flag football and ither sports instead of soccer. Good job hurting soccer out of fear of competition.
            You might want to learn somethings before you say they did this out of fear. They approached the city last year before largo ever had the idea of a partnership with FP. The lady from the city made it clear in the last meeting where she spoke. She said they were approached in 2020 to say they would like to be considered for the new tenants of the complex. So there is no fear in competition. The other clubs that put in once the city sent out a chance for them to offer as well a few of them said they were doing it to keep FP out. Celtic don't care about FP and competition. So do your HW before you say they did this out of fear.

Comment

I watched the video. The fear was palpable and all they talked about was FP. Embrace the completion and win it. That's how services for all will improve.

You might want to learn somethings before you say they did this out of fear. They approached the city last year before largo ever had the idea of a partnership with FP. The lady from the city made it clear in the last meeting where she spoke. She said they were approached in 2020 to say they would like to be considered for the new tenants of the complex. So there is no fear in competition. The other clubs that put in once the city sent out a chance for them to offer as well a few of them said they were doing it to keep FP out. Celtic don't care about FP and competition. So do your HW before you say they did this out of fear.

Comment

So this thread has two topics going, but regarding adding all these additional kids for a tournament roster, I'd be upset if my team added all of these kids, at the expense of playing time for the kids who are supposed to be playing. While kids like to win games, they also like to actually play in them. With the cost of playing in these tournaments so high, I'd be livid if my kid only got 1/3 of his normal playing time due to the league bringing in ringers.

You are missing the point, these kids were already rostered.

The problem is not that they bribed the commissioners or rostered them late. They didn't. It's who they put on the roster in February. You can have 22 on the Presidents Cup roster. 18 active for game day. If you have a team that has played all year with 13-14 players on it to begin with, you can fill out the rest of the roster in case you need them as long as they are not registered on another team in that competition. FP just decided to fill out the roster with players from their top ECNL team. Some of their BEST players in the club. They did this on a 2nd Division CDL team back before the February deadline roster freeze for President's Cup. When they came up against tougher competition, they brought out more of the ECNL players to win. That's what they did.

President's Cup is the 2nd tier of state tournaments. The State Cup is the top level of competition and for good reason. If you have the best players at your Club participating in a tournament, roster the ECNL players for State Cup. If you are rostering the best players in your club to a lower level team to bring in ringers to play President's Cup, surely you can see how that messes with the integrity of the tournament.

Could it be for injury reasons or to fill out the roster? Sure. Should ECNL players even be playing in this competition at all? Questionable. But when as many as 6 players are on the field from one of the best teams in Florida that haven't played on that team all year until President's Cup, I'm sure you would agree that it could have an effect the outcome of the game.

Can they do it, yes, but it's a questionable move that undermines competition. Luckily they lost in the Finals and will not be moving on (they didn't bring all the players they had playing the day before). Keep in mind that if they had won, they would be able to reset their roster for the next level of competition, and I just wonder what that would look like.

If you don't see the problem in rostering a large group of players from one of the best ECNL teams in the state to a President's Cup roster for a lower team, then I think you are missing the point.

Comment

So what is wanted and needed in pinellas then? Apparently only strictly... right HB? Lol 😆

Comment

And celtic but only at their current fields. The Largo fields should be for picnics and flag football. Because that is wanted and needed.

So what is wanted and needed in pinellas then? Apparently only strictly... right HB? Lol 😆

Comment

And celtic but only at their current fields. The Largo fields should be for picnics and flag football. Because that is wanted and needed.
                      You can go do that at Belleair Rec or Seminole Rec or either Largo Rec Center. Celtic has grown and needs to space. Facts.

Comment

You can go do that at Belleair Rec or Seminole Rec or either Largo Rec Center. Celtic has grown and needs to space. Facts.
                        I am not opposed to Celtic on the Belcher Complex. I just think they should work something out with people who are losing their team because they take over. They should either take the teams or offer to have additional tryouts for kids who fell between the cracks because the timing of this shenanigan is very bad.

Comment

I am not opposed to Celtic on the Belcher Complex. I just think they should work something out with people who are losing their team because they take over. They should either take the teams or offer to have additional tryouts for kids who fell between the cracks because the timing of this shenanigan is very bad.
                          I'm sure they will be accommodated if they want to be.

Comment

Grown what ? It' plays the lowest leagues in the area & others Nothing for kids that want to play at a higher level.The only thing Celtic is good at is stabbing each other in the back & some Irish DOC filling the parents full of horse sh#it.

Comment

Grown what ? It' plays the lowest leagues in the area & others Nothing for kids that want to play at a higher level.The only thing Celtic is good at is stabbing each other in the back & some Irish DOC filling the parents full of horse sh#it.
                              This is priceless. A short 12-months ago, Florida Premier was playing in the EXACT same leagues and now they are acting like they are so much better. One more reason why all the clubs in the Tampa Bay Area just laugh at FP. Total hillbillies.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2990642]I am not opposed to Celtic on the Belcher Complex. I just think they should work something out with people who are losing their team because they take over. They should either take the teams or offer to have additional tryouts for kids who fell between the cracks because the timing of this shenanigan is very bad.[/QUO

It will not be Celtic fault if they get the fields and the kids don't get to stay on the team they try out for. They will be able to stay just have to go to Tarpon with FP there. The fault will fall 100% on both FP and Largo for holding tryouts when they know this can happen and not letting the players and parents know this is possible.

FYSA will most likely have to get involved with the kids that will be losing their team as you say and here is why. They probably won't let the parents of the kids know they lost the fields (if they do) till it is too late and then they will have to ask FP for a release which I feel they will not let them go without a fight or a payout to get out of the contract. So FYSA will have to step in to let the kids find a new team and give them maybe a timeframe of how long they have to get a new home or then they will be stuck with FP and have to do what they require to be released.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X