Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tryout dates

What happened to every team agreeing to not holding tryouts until May 1? The year it was planned didn’t happen due to Covid, and now it went back to the race to who holds the earliest tryouts.

It made them later. But so few clubs actually kept their word.

Comment

THis was terrible...a few select clubs looking to get an opportunity to steal players ruin soccer for EPA.

Comment

You can't 'steal' players during tryouts. The players are literally able to, hear this, 'try out' for other clubs if they so wish.

Comment

No matter what agreement is made, the fact is kids/parents will still seek out other teams. Call the coach, attend practice sessions, guest play, etc.Until clubs/coaches have the guts to completely eliminate these types of informal pop-in tryouts, nothing will change. Regardless of the format, any in season try-out, ID clinics, or pop-in practice is still completely disruptive across the board. And yes I do find it ironic that many clubs proudly boasted signing the mandate last year, only to push it aside one year later. I believe the mandates theme last year was "let's put the kids first"...I guess the kids don't matter now. My suggestion to EPYSA would be for them to establish the mandate, requiring all clubs to follow. Any club working outside of mandate parameters could then be striped of participation in state cups across all age groups.

Comment

OH NO! Imagine not being able to participate in the crappy State Cup?! What will do now?!?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              You can't 'steal' players during tryouts. The players are literally able to, hear this, 'try out' for other clubs if they so wish.
              LOL - you actually believe anything is picked legitimately at big club tryouts. Those arrangements are made long before that.

Comment

LOL - you actually believe anything is picked legitimately at big club tryouts. Those arrangements are made long before that.
                Some kids come along and impress. Talent stands out and very few pass on it.

Comment

That is a very naive thought process. Everyone at the big clubs knows the game. You want in, you start the process early, like the beginning of the season. Then you practice multiple times, and after 5-6 sessions, the club you are visiting already knows if you are good enough or not. Nothing gets decided at tryouts. Nothing.

Comment

That is a very naive thought process. Everyone at the big clubs knows the game. You want in, you start the process early, like the beginning of the season. Then you practice multiple times, and after 5-6 sessions, the club you are visiting already knows if you are good enough or not. Nothing gets decided at tryouts. Nothing.
                    Absolutely correct. Tryouts are for the second team.

Comment

Absolutely correct. Tryouts are for the second team.
                      My kid was picked at a try out for a big club and was never on any 2nd team. Not everyone knows the secret handshake.

Comment

Agreed. My kid plays for an ECNL club, at tryouts we saw players that never came to training sessions, and then made the team. Talent is talent. Those claiming others have less talented kids.

Comment

Agreed. My kid plays for an ECNL club, at tryouts we saw players that never came to training sessions, and then made the team. Talent is talent. Those claiming others have less talented kids.
                          Winner, winner; chicken dinner! Nobody passes on talent.

Comment

No body passes on talent or warm bodies willing to pay

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X