Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Tell that to OD, he probably applies to the GA and ECNL every year with high expectations. Any club that plays kids down and recruits kids in the parking lot after games should be kicked out of all leagues
    ^

Dumbarse in the house. Thinking that any club can just apply shows that you have no idea how acceptance into these leagues works. TS is loaded with stupid fuks

Comment

I took my daughter to one of the tryouts. Guess this is why the next ones are weeks apart. Admit my kid didn’t do anything special (not bad either but not a standout) but it all seemed weird. Just seemed like they had the usual girls scrimmage and they didn’t really watch the new girls. One would think they may pay more attention to those they don’t see all the time. Handful looked decent but most pretty meh.
      If it waa MS no one can stand out he don’t shut up

Comment

Any club that recruits kids in the parking lot after games should be kicked out of all leagues
        Hm. My kid was recruited in the parking lot of many clubs when he was still playing travel. That seems like a pretty low bar to get kicked out of leagues.

Comment

Hm. My kid was recruited in the parking lot of many clubs when he was still playing travel. That seems like a pretty low bar to get kicked out of leagues.
          HAHAHHA doubt it. No one gives a crap about your son..

Comment

soccer

and no small clubs are folding. That narrative is comical. Things are the exact same as they were pre covid. smaller clubs are even easier to manage through covid. Low overhead. NO buildings. Those clubs are all run team by team. Parents will still be shelling out 2500 a year chasing the dream in every sport

Comment

Old

The annual CT Rush and Yankee are folding posts are getting a bit old. Why would rush close? Plenty of players. and no overhead

Comment

When a Women's college coach first gets an email from a prospective student, one of the first things the coach sees is whether or not the player is playing on an ECNL Team.
                If so, interest sparked.
                The coach doesn't then go to the ECNL website and look at whether or not that team is top of the table in their division, or what that team's record is, or who the coach is of that team.
                Being an ECNL player is the key
                Not really. If a coach is local, they know the the strong clubs and the weak clubs. If a player has accolades, maybe they go watch. But if the rest of the team sucks, maybe player is not able to show well. For showcases and tournaments, coaches will go see players who contact them on top teams first, then if they have time, they will look to players from strong clubs. If by chance, they still have time, maybe they watch the kid on the weak team from the weak club. Only so many hours in a day. The badge us no miracle worker.

Comment

Not sure what qualifies as stupid in your book but here are the facts as I recheck....girls

u13 FSA 2-10 -17 goal diff 2nd to last
                  u14 FSA 1-11 -34 goal diff Last
                  u15 FSA 0-7 -20 goal diff Last
                  u16 FSA 1-7 -13 goal diff 3rd to last by a half game
                  u17 FSA 0-7 -22 goal diff last

Not a signle team is above CFC or even close. CFC is in first in multiple age groups.
                  CFC is first in u14 and u15. Middle of the pack for most others. Dead last for u18/19. Seems like they go downhill at older ages.

Comment

CFC is first in u14 and u15. Middle of the pack for most others. Dead last for u18/19. Seems like they go downhill at older ages.
                    Don't' use this year's class as an indicator - it's always been a very weak one and I'm sure seniors are just fried after years of team drama and this last year of covid, no school, no soccer. Usually their senior year teams do just fine. It'srare that they have more than 2 teams at the top of the rankings, but very common for FSA to have many at the bottom

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X