Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Shore Select to ECNL finalllyyyyy

It's going to happen baby!! With the new partnership of Select and FC Stars to grow IMPACT NPL into a future soccer powerhouse league it's only a matter of time before JD and LL will work on getting Select into ECNL. It's probably a trade off where Select let Stars into IMPACT NPL for Select being admitted into ECNL. It makes sense. Right? With Select's track record of just crushing teams and as mentioned yesterday in another thread, currently having 20 girls on the national call up list, it's a travesty they haven't already been playing in ECNL. Select is most definitively the #1 soccer program in the state so why aren't they already in the #1 league in the country? It's a perfect fit and can't wait until it happens!

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's going to happen baby!! With the new partnership of Select and FC Stars to grow IMPACT NPL into a future soccer powerhouse league it's only a matter of time before JD and LL will work on getting Select into ECNL. It's probably a trade off where Select let Stars into IMPACT NPL for Select being admitted into ECNL. It makes sense. Right? With Select's track record of just crushing teams and as mentioned yesterday in another thread, currently having 20 girls on the national call up list, it's a travesty they haven't already been playing in ECNL. Select is most definitively the #1 soccer program in the state so why aren't they already in the #1 league in the country? It's a perfect fit and can't wait until it happens!
    lol too funny

#LMAO

Comment

What level team is stars putting into the impact NPL? 4th or 5th level teams?

Comment

This helps SSS and IMPACT more than Stars

Comment

What level team is stars putting into the impact NPL? 4th or 5th level teams?
          5th and below; top 4 are in ECNL/ECNLr

I'm trying to figure out the spin on this, and how this is a "one hand washes the other scenario".

Stars goes into LL's crappy league: Benefit for LL
          Stars lets SSS into ECNL: Benefit for LL

Where is the benefit for Stars in all this?

Comment

my understanding is a town team from Belmont will get into ECNL before they let LL in. Select has a -5% chance of ever getting into ECNL. This is just strictly an agreement for lower level teams. Maybe LL thinks it will help Select's chances, but she has blown any chance of having her top teams play in ECNL.

Comment

could care less what league south shore select plays in, but there is no way that select has 20 girls on stand by for the national team!!! C'mon man! That is a ridiculous statement.

Comment

could care less what league south shore select plays in, but there is no way that select has 20 girls on stand by for the national team!!! C'mon man! That is a ridiculous statement.
                from Panic in Hingham yesterday....

"As I replied to another poster it is 15 players that have been called up to the National Training Camp not 5 to 10. There are actually 2 other players coming up that have national level potential. One of them being a sibling to the first two. Not sure why they don't advertise it. You would have to ask them. Sorry you don't like the truth but it is what it is. Can't change it, lol...."

Comment

from Panic in Hingham yesterday....

"As I replied to another poster it is 15 players that have been called up to the National Training Camp not 5 to 10. There are actually 2 other players coming up that have national level potential. One of them being a sibling to the first two. Not sure why they don't advertise it. You would have to ask them. Sorry you don't like the truth but it is what it is. Can't change it, lol...."
                  Sorry, but the sister you refer to is pretty good, not NT caliber. Now, that team does have one who I think fits the qualifications.

But, to the point, list them. Because I get notifications for players called into the NT pool, and I've seen NEFC and Stars players (speaking in the 04-06 range), but that's it -- except for the well-established SSS players we all know about. What ages are these two dozen Stars players playing at?

Comment

Sorry, but the sister you refer to is pretty good, not NT caliber. Now, that team does have one who I think fits the qualifications.

But, to the point, list them. Because I get notifications for players called into the NT pool, and I've seen NEFC and Stars players (speaking in the 04-06 range), but that's it -- except for the well-established SSS players we all know about. What ages are these two dozen Stars players playing at?
                    so let me get this straight a select parent is saying there are 15 SSS girls in the pipeline to the National team? That is so patently a ridiculous and false statement.

To SSS please send us the website that shows the 15 girls. I/We are curious. If you are right I will apologize and wonder why SSS is not in ECNL!

Comment

so let me get this straight a select parent is saying there are 15 SSS girls in the pipeline to the National team? That is so patently a ridiculous and false statement.

To SSS please send us the website that shows the 15 girls. I/We are curious. If you are right I will apologize and wonder why SSS is not in ECNL!
                      Everyone needs to calm down. I think this claim of 15 girls probably includes girls invited to the YNT Regional ID Centers, of which there are multiple every year across quite a few age groups. These are different than the YNT camps, which invite maybe one or two girls from this entire region and have the rosters out on the USSoccer website. I don't doubt between the ID Centers and YNT Camps that 15 girls from SSS have been involved over the past 4 years (the person probably included those called up to one training center at U14, and are now still playing at SSS as U17).

Comment

All of the following is conjecture based on recently announced news and a bit of what one hears from the sidelines-

NEP is dead man walking with NEP NPL likely going with it. Which means Stars needed a home for their regional NPL teams, hence their joining Impact NPL. I would guess the rest of EDP NPL will follow suit with Impact NPL A & B in the fall.

Meanwhile... NEFC (West and NS) are apparently joining USYS NL (1) Presumably leaving DPL?
                        And in FL... USYS & GA announced the "Sunshine Conference" partnership starting in the fall (2).
                        What does USYS/GA partnership mean for NEFC and Seacoast GA teams?
                        Where does that leave Select GA? (seems like Select has burnt bridges with both NEFC and ECNL at this point and since they are all-in on US Club Soccer NPL not sure they fit in a USYS/GA future either)

In the short term it seems like this leaves ECNL where it is now, as #1 national league with only limited options in New England (4 clubs, 5 teams).
                        But an expanding USYS NL and USYS/GA partnership could be a great option for the rest of New England soccer.

What about DPL? Seems like they are a league without a purpose or a benefactor. I don't see how they fit anywhere.

More changes coming before fall? One would expect so.

[1] https://www.facebook.com/edpsoccer/p...68039866743513
                        [2] https://www.usyouthsoccer.org/usys-s...021-22-season/

Comment

Everyone needs to calm down. I think this claim of 15 girls probably includes girls invited to the YNT Regional ID Centers, of which there are multiple every year across quite a few age groups. These are different than the YNT camps, which invite maybe one or two girls from this entire region and have the rosters out on the USSoccer website. I don't doubt between the ID Centers and YNT Camps that 15 girls from SSS have been involved over the past 4 years (the person probably included those called up to one training center at U14, and are now still playing at SSS as U17).
                          So, 4 girls each year for 4 years. The same 4 girls. Makes sense.

I don't see anyone other than those we know about on the Regional ID lists.

Comment

All of the following is conjecture based on recently announced news and a bit of what one hears from the sidelines-

NEP is dead man walking with NEP NPL likely going with it. Which means Stars needed a home for their regional NPL teams, hence their joining Impact NPL. I would guess the rest of EDP NPL will follow suit with Impact NPL A & B in the fall.

Meanwhile... NEFC (West and NS) are apparently joining USYS NL (1) Presumably leaving DPL?
                            And in FL... USYS & GA announced the "Sunshine Conference" partnership starting in the fall (2).
                            What does USYS/GA partnership mean for NEFC and Seacoast GA teams?
                            Where does that leave Select GA? (seems like Select has burnt bridges with both NEFC and ECNL at this point and since they are all-in on US Club Soccer NPL not sure they fit in a USYS/GA future either)

In the short term it seems like this leaves ECNL where it is now, as #1 national league with only limited options in New England (4 clubs, 5 teams).
                            But an expanding USYS NL and USYS/GA partnership could be a great option for the rest of New England soccer.

What about DPL? Seems like they are a league without a purpose or a benefactor. I don't see how they fit anywhere.

More changes coming before fall? One would expect so.

[1] https://www.facebook.com/edpsoccer/p...68039866743513
                            [2] https://www.usyouthsoccer.org/usys-s...021-22-season/
                            So is IMG leaving GA? Is this a second IMG team? Can’t imagine paying all that money at IMG to be on a second team.

Comment

So, going through the NESJ where it lists the players called into the NT camps over the last two years. As expected, only the ones we know about from SSS are mentioned. Nobody else. I see the Stars and NEFC players (speaking about MA only), but nothing else from SSS.

Where do these people get these falsehoods?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X