Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Segregation

Segregation is back. I guess we have to deal with it. All that work in the last 50 years is gone. We now have two different Americas based on your skin color....

A rock-climbing course at an Ivy League university in New York state has now been opened to all students after critics complained about racial segregation, according to a report.

The so-called "BIPOC" course at Cornell University was initially available only to students who were Black, Indigenous or represented other "people of color" groups, the Cornell Daily Sun reported.

But media reports portraying the course as banning White students – as well as complaints posted on Reddit -- prompted the university to lift enrollment restrictions, the report said.

Yes, I am fully aware this was walked back. For now.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Segregation is back. I guess we have to deal with it. All that work in the last 50 years is gone. We now have two different Americas based on your skin color....

A rock-climbing course at an Ivy League university in New York state has now been opened to all students after critics complained about racial segregation, according to a report.

The so-called "BIPOC" course at Cornell University was initially available only to students who were Black, Indigenous or represented other "people of color" groups, the Cornell Daily Sun reported.

But media reports portraying the course as banning White students – as well as complaints posted on Reddit -- prompted the university to lift enrollment restrictions, the report said.

If you weren’t so weak, white boy, you wouldn’t feel anxious about this stuff.

I’m caucasian myself btw, but have no anxiety at all that my “culture” is going away. I know that I can “cut it” in this world, just as my progeny are.

I suggest you grow a pair and calm down. It’s a poor reflection on my white European heritage that YOU are a coward

Comment

If you weren’t so weak, white boy, you wouldn’t feel anxious about this stuff.

I’m caucasian myself btw, but have no anxiety at all that my “culture” is going away. I know that I can “cut it” in this world, just as my progeny are.

I suggest you grow a pair and calm down. It’s a poor reflection on my white European heritage that YOU are a coward

So, you are saying you are for segregation, tough guy?

Comment

You do realize there are course, clubs and other groups specifically designed for POC at just about every university? They aren't about exclusion (because anyone can join) but making POC of color feel more included and part of a bigger group, even more so at heavily white schools like Cornell.

"The PE 1641: BIPOC Rock Climbing course description now explains that the “class is designed to enable Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian or other people of color underrepresented in the sport of rock climbing to learn the sport and to feel included and supported. The class is open to all Cornell students interested in learning rock climbing with this special focus.”

Lwam Asfaw ’21 explained that when choosing a P.E. class, it was the BIPOC label that ultimately encouraged her to enroll in the course. She explains that the BIPOC label works to make participation more comfortable, accessible and encouraging in an unfamiliar environment. Asfaw said that people should be focusing less on why segregation exists and more on why there’s a need to segregate.

Yvonne Chan ’21, another student in the course this semester, described the class environment as a safe space — encouraging, supportive and community-oriented. She explained that she sees no reason to attack the existence of the course when there are eight sections of P.E. 1640: Basic Rock Climbing in addition to the one BIPOC rock climbing section. She sees the course as a valuable effort to encourage inclusion of marginalized groups, noting similar efforts by larger organizations like Brothers of Climbing, an organization which aims to increase diversity in the sport.

Thomas Gambra ’24 shared some of these sentiments. Gambra explained that being a minority at a predominantly white institution can create a feeling of isolation, and that having a space to connect with other underrepresented students can alleviate that.

“Hearing people complain about this class, saying it’s taking away from our white peers is laughable and frustrating,” Gambra said."

https://cornellsun.com/2021/05/04/st...e-controversy/

Comment

I guess I don't understand what Rosa's issue was then. I mean, we all know the cool kids hang out in the back of the bus anyway. I believe that's the message: If you don't want the country to be segregated, you must be weak.

Comment

So, you are saying you are for segregation, tough guy?
            Nope.

Just saying I have zero of that “white anxiety” about being “replaced.”

Today I discovered though that there is a form of segregation I AM in favor of.

Mets and Yankees are going to have separate seating areas for those vaccinated and not (also offering free tickets to anyone getting vax at park).

This is brilliant. The unvaccinated can have their “freeDUMB” while they are packed in and seated together. Nature can then take its course and it will help us get to herd
            Immunity. There will be some casualties and serious illnesses but if they are more prevalent in those who choose to run the risks…..

Side benefit is fewer MAGATs sitting in my section

Comment

Nope.

Today I discovered though that there is a form of segregation I AM in favor of.

Mets and Yankees are going to have separate seating areas for those vaccinated and not (also offering free tickets to anyone getting vax at park).

This is brilliant. The unvaccinated can have their “freeDUMB” while they are packed in and seated together. Nature can then take its course and it will help us get to herd
              Immunity. There will be some casualties and serious illnesses but if they are more prevalent in those who choose to run the risks…..

Side benefit is fewer MAGATs sitting in my section
              ha ha love everything about this ^ post

Comment

I guess I don't understand what Rosa's issue was then. I mean, we all know the cool kids hang out in the back of the bus anyway. I believe that's the message: If you don't want the country to be segregated, you must be weak.
                dumber than a box of rocks this ^ guy

Comment

Nope.

Replaced? Anxiety?

Comment

Replaced? Anxiety?
                    You haven’t heard that Tucker KKKlansman pushes that theory every night?

Let me help you out of the cave….

https://www.businessinsider.com/tuck...ry-2021-4?op=1

Comment

dumber than a box of rocks this ^ guy
                      Being perpetually triggered of late hasn’t helped him

Comment

Being perpetually triggered of late hasn’t helped him
                        He suer is worked up about race issues - multiple threads and posts

Comment

He suer is worked up about race issues - multiple threads and posts
                          It was always all about the racism to the Trumpalos.

Some of his posts are so blatantly racist I’m shocked the mods don’t ban him. Leads me to believe one of the cons is also one of the mods.

Not TC though. Perhaps the other con. Or maybe con sympathies.

The mods never acted when the cons talked of their “bullet box” solutions either.

Comment

This is where the liberal hysteria has got us:

If you believe everyone is equal, and nobody should have special privileges, and that we shouldn't have separate sets of rules based on color, THAT is considered racist.

Just....ummmmm.....wow....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X