•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tryouts Season

Get ready!

http://seacoastunited.com/tryouts

Biggest joke in club soccer. New year, new pyramid, new league being billed as the latest and greatest. Perfect club for kids too lazy to earn their spot though.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Biggest joke in club soccer. New year, new pyramid, new league being billed as the latest and greatest. Perfect club for kids too lazy to earn their spot though.
      "Hell hath no fury like a cut-players' parent scorned"

Comment

Bitter much! Let me guess, your kid got cut...again

Comment

Bitter much! Let me guess, your kid got cut...again
          Kids don't get cut from Seacoast. Bottom of the barrel.

Comment

Kids don't get cut from Seacoast. Bottom of the barrel.
            FACTS... if your check clears, you make a team.

Comment

[FACTS... if your check clears, you make a team.]

You may want to check your FACTS.

Seacoast clearly states "Seacoast United began with the simple objective of providing equal opportunities for players of all ages and abilities. The Club was initially formed in the Seacoast region of New Hampshire due to the rise in youth soccer. Over the years, the Club adopted a unique philosophy with an emphasis on providing an environment where players could learn the game and develop over time."

http://seacoastunited.com/clubs/soccer-club/seacoast-united-hampton-nh/about/about-seacoast-united

Comment

FACTS... if your check clears, you make a team.
                I’ll remember this next time we see the four girls who were cut from last year to this....

Comment

I’ll remember this next time we see the four girls who were cut from last year to this....
                  I have been involved in SUSC teams as a parent for 13 years with my two daughters - I've never seen a kid get cut. They just make a different team.

Take your pick, they have Elite, Select, Premier, and then two teams typically in each with white or blue.

6 teams with 15 kids needed at each - you need 90 girls. You start cutting kids and word gets out you cut, mom and dad won't pony up the $2k to play rec level soccer.

Comment

I have been involved in SUSC teams as a parent for 13 years with my two daughters - I've never seen a kid get cut. They just make a different team.

Take your pick, they have Elite, Select, Premier, and then two teams typically in each with white or blue.

6 teams with 15 kids needed at each - you need 90 girls. You start cutting kids and word gets out you cut, mom and dad won't pony up the $2k to play rec level soccer.
                    Of course that's how it works: you don't make one team, you make another. That's the definition of getting cut.

Good that they have a program where kids can continue to play if they don't make what they are shooting for. That doesn't mean they should stop, it means the make the different team which is better suited for them.

Comment

Of course that's how it works: you don't make one team, you make another. That's the definition of getting cut.

Good that they have a program where kids can continue to play if they don't make what they are shooting for. That doesn't mean they should stop, it means the make the different team which is better suited for them.
                      That is NOT the definition of getting cut (LOL). That's the definition of pay to play. You get to play on another team. Its not that you earned that spot - you paid so you play.

Comment

That is NOT the definition of getting cut (LOL). That's the definition of pay to play. You get to play on another team. Its not that you earned that spot - you paid so you play.
                        So, player tries out for a team, and doesn't make it and is instead assigned to a different team. That's the definition of being cut from the team. Not sure why that's a difficult concept, but apparently it is...

Now, that player has a decision to make: Stay with their assigned team and work hard to try to get back (saw it happen w/ two players this year), go to another team and be happy (seen it happy every year), go to another club, or quit the game.

So, yes, they paid to play...on the team they didn't try out for. Hence..."cut".

Comment

So, player tries out for a team, and doesn't make it and is instead assigned to a different team. That's the definition of being cut from the team. Not sure why that's a difficult concept, but apparently it is...

Now, that player has a decision to make: Stay with their assigned team and work hard to try to get back (saw it happen w/ two players this year), go to another team and be happy (seen it happy every year), go to another club, or quit the game.

So, yes, they paid to play...on the team they didn't try out for. Hence..."cut".
                          Not to forget the kids this happens to when there is no team beneath them to move to and not quite enough players to form a new team. They are indeed cut. This usually doesn't happen until 11v11, since it's easier to shuffle players in 9v9 & 7v7 to form that extra white team.

Comment

Not to forget the kids this happens to when there is no team beneath them to move to and not quite enough players to form a new team. They are indeed cut. This usually doesn't happen until 11v11, since it's easier to shuffle players in 9v9 & 7v7 to form that extra white team.
                            If you get cut from the bottom team, the club is probably doing you a favor. I know that may sound harsh but it’s not meant to be. The bottom teams are usually very low on the talent scale. If you can’t make that team after several years of paying a couple grand a year, it is likely time to put your money somewhere else, and take up another hobby.

Comment

If you get cut from the bottom team, the club is probably doing you a favor. I know that may sound harsh but it’s not meant to be. The bottom teams are usually very low on the talent scale. If you can’t make that team after several years of paying a couple grand a year, it is likely time to put your money somewhere else, and take up another hobby.
                              Or maybe your kid is having fun

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X