Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ACC or Ivy?

what's a better choice for a top soccer player/ high academic?

Depends on the ACC - a top ACC like Duke/WakeForest/UNC for a top soccer player will go a long way

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Sure take advise from TS. Are you insane?

Comment

ACC for sure.

Comment

Best bet is to start for UNC, win a couple of championships, get a Rhodes Scholarship and study at Oxford while playing in the Premier League (men or women), then come back to the Ivy for a Phd. before winning a Nobel.

If we're dreaming let's dream big...

Comment

Depends on the ACC - a top ACC like Duke/WakeForest/UNC for a top soccer player will go a long way
            You clearly never watched women's college soccer of you are saying UNC and Wake Forest in the same sentence.

Comment

You clearly never watched women's college soccer of you are saying UNC and Wake Forest in the same sentence.
              Results, sure. Play style? Longer discussion

Comment

How about whatever your kid wants.Troll

Comment

How about whatever your kid wants.Troll
                  Academic fit first and foremost. After that, then a soccer fit. Not many Ivy players can hang in the ACC. Perfectly solid players, but the ACC is many steps up on the soccer ladder. So, in other words few will be facing this fictional conundrum.

Comment

Too many variables to answer this as a generality. What is the soccer level of the kid, what is the academic focus of the kid, what is the priority for the kid, the list goes on.
                    Several ACC schools are very good academically and have large loyal alumni networks, so the specific school matters too for longer term life prospects

Comment

Ivy for long term job prospects, ACC if they are good enough to receive money. I can only imagine the grind of an Ivy League schedule and academics load. Maybe crazy but I’ve steered my D away from Ivy, it sounds like a tough four years. I’m sure I’ll be corrected but just my impression

Comment

Academic fit first and foremost. After that, then a soccer fit. Not many Ivy players can hang in the ACC. Perfectly solid players, but the ACC is many steps up on the soccer ladder. So, in other words few will be facing this fictional conundrum.
                        How many ACC kids can hang at HYP? Astrophysics at Princeton? Good luck kids.

Comment

Ivy for long term job prospects, ACC if they are good enough to receive money. I can only imagine the grind of an Ivy League schedule and academics load. Maybe crazy but I’ve steered my D away from Ivy, it sounds like a tough four years. I’m sure I’ll be corrected but just my impression
                          Huh? You think that an Ivy would offer better long term job prospects yet you steer your player away?

Comment

The academics load really depends on WHICH Ivy. Princeton, the workload is tough. Harvard, the hardest part is getting in.

Comment

I don't think it's any more of a grind at an Ivy then at other high academic D1 schools.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X