Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Many of those “schools” will be represented by coaches that actually coach club teams participating in the showcase. This is similar to what’s been happening all season long anyway. I mean you can basically get recruited like this every week at Pro Project.
    Thanks Pro Project for your input. By the way, you know that this is going to draw every school under the sun.

Comment

Thanks Pro Project for your input. By the way, you know that this is going to draw every school under the sun.
      Do you honestly believe what you just typed? How many schools do you think will be there?

Has you player already had multiple phone calls and zoom meeting with these schools?

Have you been asked by any of these schools to participate in a zoom call with coaches.

Has your family already submitted athletic pre-read info to any of these schools?

I think it’s great that clubs have organized this. It’s even better that it’s free of charge. That being said, these coaches are coming to watch specific kids that are far along in the process. I’m sure they’ll see other players but that won’t result in a flurry of commitments for those kids.

Any commitment you see was imminent anyway and this showcase was the final confirmation.

Comment

Do you honestly believe what you just typed? How many schools do you think will be there?

Has you player already had multiple phone calls and zoom meeting with these schools?

Have you been asked by any of these schools to participate in a zoom call with coaches.

Has your family already submitted athletic pre-read info to any of these schools?

I think it’s great that clubs have organized this. It’s even better that it’s free of charge. That being said, these coaches are coming to watch specific kids that are far along in the process. I’m sure they’ll see other players but that won’t result in a flurry of commitments for those kids.

Any commitment you see was imminent anyway and this showcase was the final confirmation.
        Hey numbnuts, what’s your point? Less than half of these guys are going D1. The rest are going to high end D3 schools. The idea is to get 50-100 colleges there to get all of these guys recruited to whatever level they are at. For the ones going D1, if they are far along in the process, this helps coaches check their last box of seeing them play live in actually competitive games. My kid is probably going D3, and I’m happy they are doing this. He wants to play D1, so this is a chance for him to get exposure to D1 and D3 schools.

Comment

I have a hard time believing that the parent of a nailed on D1 starter is actually trolling these threads. This showcase is a great opportunity for a group of boys that had terrible luck with timing. Kudos to the clubs for putting aside the usual rivalries and making it happen.

Comment

I have a hard time believing that the parent of a nailed on D1 starter is actually trolling these threads. This showcase is a great opportunity for a group of boys that had terrible luck with timing. Kudos to the clubs for putting aside the usual rivalries and making it happen.
            It’s actually TapIn Mobile Solutions and SS that made this happen. They are funding the whole thing and brought everyone together.

Comment

The idea is to get 50-100 colleges there to get all of these guys recruited to whatever level they are at.
              50-100 coaches is a little optimistic.

Comment

These coaches will be at the PPA ID camp that weekend:

Amherst
                Lafayette
                Georgetown
                Yale
                Cornell
                Northeastern
                Tufts
                MIT
                U of Chicago
                Colby
                Trinity
                Curry
                Only 38-88 more coaches to go.

Comment

Hey numbnuts, what’s your point? Less than half of these guys are going D1. The rest are going to high end D3 schools. The idea is to get 50-100 colleges there to get all of these guys recruited to whatever level they are at. For the ones going D1, if they are far along in the process, this helps coaches check their last box of seeing them play live in actually competitive games. My kid is probably going D3, and I’m happy they are doing this. He wants to play D1, so this is a chance for him to get exposure to D1 and D3 schools.
                  “Recruited” to D3. Is funny. cuz you pay.

Last week GM from Audi dealer called me. He had been watching me buy over past 4 years (A4 for wife, Q7 for family) he was familiar with my driving and buying style. He told me that he thought I was ready for the next level, the Q8. We even talked over Zoom about it. He walked me through the allocation process and how he had 2 (special editions) that only he could reserve. He called me because he thought i was best fit for one of them. They wont be here for another 3-5 weeks, but If I gave him a verbal that day, he would commit. My name is now on a elite performance car with great safety ratings (safety first). I put down a deposit a couple days later, because I know I wouldn’t have been able to touch this car if not for the GM giving me this opportunity. Sure I may have been able to get another Q8 by just walking into dealer, but it would have been a common model through the general buying process.. I’m just so thankful the GM wanted to recruit me for one of his 2 special spots. Of course, as a recruited buyer he gave me a special contact in the finance department, who made it clear they can’t offer price incentives to recruited buyers, but my trade-in (wink wink) would be valued above market. So much better being a recruited Audi driver

Comment

Feel better about yourself? Where is *your* daughter playing?

Comment

This will be an interesting event. Can these non MLS Next teams really compete with the MLS Next teams?
                      What you should be asking is if the non MLS academy teams can compete with the MLS academy teams. Plenty of non MLS next can play with the MLS next teams ..... But the true MLS academy teams will be tougher for sure. The disparity between MLS next and MLS academy teams will get bigger for the next 2 years as the s academies cherry pick the MLS next clubs until they are barren and get dropped altogether.

Comment

“Recruited” to D3. Is funny. cuz you pay.

Last week GM from Audi dealer called me. He had been watching me buy over past 4 years (A4 for wife, Q7 for family) he was familiar with my driving and buying style. He told me that he thought I was ready for the next level, the Q8. We even talked over Zoom about it. He walked me through the allocation process and how he had 2 (special editions) that only he could reserve. He called me because he thought i was best fit for one of them. They wont be here for another 3-5 weeks, but If I gave him a verbal that day, he would commit. My name is now on a elite performance car with great safety ratings (safety first). I put down a deposit a couple days later, because I know I wouldn’t have been able to touch this car if not for the GM giving me this opportunity. Sure I may have been able to get another Q8 by just walking into dealer, but it would have been a common model through the general buying process.. I’m just so thankful the GM wanted to recruit me for one of his 2 special spots. Of course, as a recruited buyer he gave me a special contact in the finance department, who made it clear they can’t offer price incentives to recruited buyers, but my trade-in (wink wink) would be valued above market. So much better being a recruited Audi driver
                        Boy are you stupid. At 9.9 scharships for 30+ players (if fully funded .... most are not!) It means that the average men's scholarship is less than 1/3 of tuition. Given that half (or more) of these 9.9 go to internationals who each get at least 50-75% athletic $$, your kid will very likely be getting far less than 1/3 and will also be paying heftily to go to D1 as well if they are lucky enough to get an offer. Sorry pal, do the math ..... There is very little money for American male soccer players in college and most will have to sacrifice a quality academic school to get some of it. Not worth it and definitely not worth giving up has soccer knowing this if you have a decent HS soccer team in your town. Given the endowments of many of these smaller D3s, many players can actually pay less with institutional merit scholarships and grants. Keep drinking the koolaide though. Cheers!

Comment

Only 38-88 more coaches to go.
                          This is the list prior to the event being announced next week. The ones listed are ones that got wind prior to the event even being announced.

Comment

Boy are you stupid. At 9.9 scharships for 30+ players (if fully funded .... most are not!) It means that the average men's scholarship is less than 1/3 of tuition. Given that half (or more) of these 9.9 go to internationals who each get at least 50-75% athletic $$, your kid will very likely be getting far less than 1/3 and will also be paying heftily to go to D1 as well if they are lucky enough to get an offer. Sorry pal, do the math ..... There is very little money for American male soccer players in college and most will have to sacrifice a quality academic school to get some of it. Not worth it and definitely not worth giving up has soccer knowing this if you have a decent HS soccer team in your town. Given the endowments of many of these smaller D3s, many players can actually pay less with institutional merit scholarships and grants. Keep drinking the koolaide though. Cheers!
                            You talking about boys? Substitute Volkswagen

Comment

Feel better about yourself? Where is *your* daughter playing?
                              She’s taking a year off to have her baby. Careful those Lax boys

Comment

I predict the NEPSAC 2022 All Stars win this event if the international players are still around and can play. This is going to be really cool to watch.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X