X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to area - B06 and B08

Hi all,

We moved to the Issaquah area recently and I'm trying to figure out the best club to try out at...have looked at websites but would like feedback. I have 08 and 06 sons. Looking for a club w/ positive, strong coaches and multiple teams that give opportunities to move up as kids improve or move down if not getting enough playing time. Being honest my kids likely don't have skill level for the top team. Thanks for any advice.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi all,

We moved to the Issaquah area recently and I'm trying to figure out the best club to try out at...have looked at websites but would like feedback. I have 08 and 06 sons. Looking for a club w/ positive, strong coaches and multiple teams that give opportunities to move up as kids improve or move down if not getting enough playing time. Being honest my kids likely don't have skill level for the top team. Thanks for any advice.
    If you're not worried about top teams, then you're fine to check out Eastside and ISC Gunners (ISC is a slightly easier commute with fields in town, EFC is a bigger club). Fit and comfortability with coaches/teammates will be most important, so I'd try both. You don't really need to wait for tryouts, so email coaches to see if your kids can practice now to get a feel for teams.

Good luck!

Comment

Depends on what your boys want. The gunners now have the EA and eastside has ECNL

At 06 eastside boys are better at 08. Gunners boys are better. If you would like to chat I can fill you on the whole state. Gunners still have some practice left if you want to come out to a practice. Believe Eastside might still be having practice as well.

Comment

Welcome!

ISC Gunners practices at Central Park (in Issaquah Highlands) in winter and Lake Sammamish SP (across from Costco) in summer. They have Rec, Select, Premier, and Elite programs for boys and girls.

Michael Conchie coaches both of the A teams for B08A and B06A... he's been with the club for a few years, is also an age group director (and very nice guy) and can help guide you for a good fit for your kids.

https://www.iscgunners.org/premier

michael.conchie@iscgunners.org

I really don't have anything against EFC... Gunners has been my kids' soccer home for for seven years. Really happy with how ISC has grown and the family feel. I have loved, loved, loved our coaches (except for one guy years ago who left). EFC would likely be a further drive out for you. The only other thing about EFC is you might want to chat with their parents about how the club has handled games/practices/travel decisions during the last year-- they have been one of the most overly-cautious clubs out there in terms of return to play after lockdowns. I think this might be a top-down issue. A lot are really frustrated with them because they aren't keeping up with what all the other major clubs are doing. At least that is what I hear. I'm sure you can make your own good decisions!

Comment

How far are you willing to drive? The right club might not be in your back yard.

Comment

Look at Crossfire also

Comment

Check out Valor, they have both Select and Premier programs. There are opportunities for select players play up on Premier teams.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X