Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uncle Tim

More racism from the left, which of course will go unpunished...

"Uncle Tim" trended on Twitter Wednesday night as left-wing users flooded the site with the racial slur on Sen. Tim Scott, R-S.C, following his rebuttal to President Biden's address to Congress.

Scott, who is Black, declared the United States is not a racist country while noting he had encountered racism in his life. Some of it, he said, came from the left in the form of being called an "Uncle Tom," a derogatory phrase for Blacks who are viewed as too deferential to Whites.

His rhetoric infuriated some progressives, and Twitter placed "Uncle Tim" on its trending topics as more tweets relayed the insulting, racially charged play on his name. Among them was former MSNBC host Touré Neblett.

Conservatives erupted as it became clear Twitter was allowing a racially charged attack to appear on its "trending" section.

"Twitter is choosing to trend a racist attack from the left on Sen. Tim Scott," The Federalist's Mollie Hemingway tweeted. "Apparently they want him to suffer for the crime of upstaging Biden via a highly effective speech."

"Intolerance so often comes from the left with words like 'Uncle Tim' and the 'n-word' being used against me," Scott said. "And last night what was trending in social media was 'Uncle Tim,' and they doubled down on this concept of liberal oppression. It is stunning in 2021 that those who speak about ending discrimination want to end it by more discrimination."

"The left has doubled down that they are going to, not attack my policies, but they're literally attacking the color of my skin," he added.

Scott said it was disappointing that the perpetrators of the trending words against him on social media want to live their lives how they want, but don't want the same thing for conservatives, instead opting for them to be confined to a corner.

"Their America and my America aren't the same America, if in fact they think that discriminating is the fastest way to end discrimination," Scott said.

"Racism and discrimination: it's still real, but it is being pushed further and further into a smaller corner in our nation. That's great news that we should celebrate," he added. "If you want to be an American, the door is wide open, the front door by the way, is wide open to come in and add value to who we are, not be part of destructive conversations that belittle individuals."

Comment

Uncle Tim

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      "Intolerance so often comes from the left with words like 'Uncle Tim' and the 'n-word' being used against me," Scott said. "And last night what was trending in social media was 'Uncle Tim,' and they doubled down on this concept of liberal oppression. It is stunning in 2021 that those who speak about ending discrimination want to end it by more discrimination."

"The left has doubled down that they are going to, not attack my policies, but they're literally attacking the color of my skin," he added.

Scott said it was disappointing that the perpetrators of the trending words against him on social media want to live their lives how they want, but don't want the same thing for conservatives, instead opting for them to be confined to a corner.

"Their America and my America aren't the same America, if in fact they think that discriminating is the fastest way to end discrimination," Scott said.

"Racism and discrimination: it's still real, but it is being pushed further and further into a smaller corner in our nation. That's great news that we should celebrate," he added. "If you want to be an American, the door is wide open, the front door by the way, is wide open to come in and add value to who we are, not be part of destructive conversations that belittle individuals."
      Racism and Discrimination has been more propagandized by liberals/democrats this last 4+ years more so than any other time that I can remember.

Comment

Racism and Discrimination has been more propagandized by liberals/democrats this last 4+ years more so than any other time that I can remember.
        I see you are trying to stoke ANOTHER faux outrage …..

I’m old enough to remember the last one you promoted ….that Biden has kids in cages etc

Amazing that so quietly, Joe has decreased the # of kids in border patrol custody by 82%!

Biden gets the job done! Suck it cons !

Comment

I’m old enough to remember the last one you promoted ….that Biden has kids in cages etc

Amazing that so quietly, Joe has decreased the # of kids in border patrol custody by 82%!

https://mobile.twitter.com/ReichlinM...211009/photo/1

^^^^ there’s the data

Comment

Uncle Tim

Biden gets the job done! Suck it cons ![/QUOTE]

Really? releasing kids to unknown people to go to parts unknown anywhere in the us and you sucker libbys call this "decreased the # of kids in border patrol custody"????

Nice way to keep the human and child trafficking ring going for people like your friends Epstein and Prince Andrew and Bill Clinton.

Not to mention the drug trade is booming again thanks to your liberal slave masters (not blaming your master biden, we all know he is a puppet putus). Nice way to keep degenerates supporting the party platform.

You are all human scum.

Comment

A black man claiming racism isn't a problem in America is either all about self preservation or a blind fool.

Comment

Uncle Tim

A black man claiming racism isn't a problem in America is either all about self preservation or a blind fool.
                I guess obama was a dream that never really happened? If America is so racist how did he ever become POTUS by an overwhelming majority in 2008? and again in 2012? (I think the election definitely legit then no?).

Oh wait, According to your liberal slave masters america became racist over night when TRUMP became PUTUS???!!!

Have you ever read the ingredients of kool-aid before you drink it? Yea tastes good, its not really good for you. same analogy applies to the democrap party ....Dumb@ss

Comment

Says the angry white man. We get it...you know better than a black man how a black man should feel.

Comment

Typical leftist spin. This is what he said, as a black man who has actually experienced it:

"Racism and discrimination: it's still real, but it is being pushed further and further into a smaller corner in our nation. That's great news that we should celebrate."

Where does he say it's not a problem, Cracker?

Comment

I guess obama was a dream that never really happened? If America is so racist how did he ever become POTUS by an overwhelming majority in 2008? and again in 2012? (I think the election definitely legit then no?).

Oh wait, According to your liberal slave masters america became racist over night when TRUMP became PUTUS???!!!

Have you ever read the ingredients of kool-aid before you drink it? Yea tastes good, its not really good for you. same analogy applies to the democrap party ....Dumb@ss
                      See but that's what the GOP keeps claiming - that we elected a black man therefore there's no more racism. Utter bullshyte. Millions didn't vote for Obama. He didn't win with 100% of the vote. Some didn't vote because he was a Democrat/policies, some because they just didn't like him, some because he was BLACK.

Then there's the countless incidents of racial attacks since Obama was elected, all in the media an crime stats. Racism exists in this country. It's just that simple The debate is the over the extent of it and how to reduce it. It probably will never go away, and definitely not in our lifetimes (it's a problem nearly as old as man) but we can make it BETTER. Ignoring it by saying it doesn't exist won't get us there.

different poster

Comment

No one has said that TC. What people have agreed on is Trump helped push racism out into the open, more than it already was. It was helped by his birther claims against Obama, countless dogwhistle comments, calling racists "very fine people" and calling Mexicans all rapists and drug dealers.

Comment

See but that's what the GOP keeps claiming - that we elected a black man therefore there's no more racism. Utter bullshyte. Millions didn't vote for Obama. He didn't win with 100% of the vote. Some didn't vote because he was a Democrat/policies, some because they just didn't like him, some because he was BLACK.

Then there's the countless incidents of racial attacks since Obama was elected, all in the media an crime stats. Racism exists in this country. It's just that simple The debate is the over the extent of it and how to reduce it. It probably will never go away, and definitely not in our lifetimes (it's a problem nearly as old as man) but we can make it BETTER. Ignoring it by saying it doesn't exist won't get us there.

different poster
                          Some voted for Obama BECAUSE he was black. Is that OK?

Some voted for Hillary BECAUSE she was a woman. Is that OK?

Comment

No one has said that TC. What people have agreed on is Trump helped push racism out into the open, more than it already was. It was helped by his birther claims against Obama, countless dogwhistle comments, calling racists "very fine people" and calling Mexicans all rapists and drug dealers.
                            [talks about dog whistles, then proceeds to use the liberal dog whistles]

Did Trump call racists "very fine people"? Fact checks say otherwise:

The post the states that Trump really said, "There were very fine people on both sides, & I'm not talking about the Neo-nazis and white supremacists because they should be condemned totally."

Did Trump call Mexicans "ALL rapists and drug dealers"? Fact checks say otherwise:

"When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best," Trump said. "They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

Comment

Some voted for Obama BECAUSE he was black. Is that OK?

Some voted for Hillary BECAUSE she was a woman. Is that OK?
                              Some votes for Trump BECAUSE he was a racist crook. Is that OK?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X