Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we done with masks for outdoor sports?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are we done with masks for outdoor sports?

So, what's the guidance from RIIL, Super Liga, SRI, clubs? Now that CDC has determined that masks are not necessary, are any of the rule makers for sprts going to weigh in? I saw today that even Maine is now not requiring masks for athletes outdoors unless they are on the bench close to others.

I know they are supposed to make announcements about outdoor youth sports and children playing outdoors for recess and gym etc. I heard May 28 but hoping sooner.

Comment

Spectator Masks

The April 26th sports guidance indicated no change and masks required for all participants. However, there are now no sports-specific requirements for spectators, so as of May 7th no masks are required outdoors if 3 feet distance is maintained. Local towns/leagues will probably set their own restrictions however.

Comment

Mass Youth Soccer getting rid of their requirement for players to wear masks, effective tomorrow. So will RI be the lone standout state that keeps insisting on this nonsense?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Mass Youth Soccer getting rid of their requirement for players to wear masks, effective tomorrow. So will RI be the lone standout state that keeps insisting on this nonsense?
          If that is true then as soon as MA does that, we should all start calling SRI, RIDOH, Super Liga, etc.

Comment

If that is true then as soon as MA does that, we should all start calling SRI, RIDOH, Super Liga, etc.
            True. Right at the top of their website.

https://www.mayouthsoccer.org/

Comment

Did RIDOH or the governors office have anything to say about masks today? Gov said Friday 5hat guidance was coming today for Tuesday's dropping of mandates. Hoping he's riding Baker's coat tails on youth sports.

Comment

doesn't matter for bayside as their season has been done for weeks. I guess it does effect bayside parents who are golfing on the weekends now.

Comment

doesn't matter for bayside as their season has been done for weeks. I guess it does effect bayside parents who are golfing on the weekends now.
                  Glad the season is over. Now my daughter can focus on the final weeks of high school and moving on to college soccer. Go Bayside!!!!

Comment

So, what's the guidance from RIIL, Super Liga, SRI, clubs? Now that CDC has determined that masks are not necessary, are any of the rule makers for sprts going to weigh in? I saw today that even Maine is now not requiring masks for athletes outdoors unless they are on the bench close to others.
                    Unfortunately no changes this week for youth sports masking requirements. I think RI is the last state in the country requiring masks outdoors for youth sports.

Comment

This is such BS. My daughter plays for Bayside and there are still numerous things planned. I hope people don't believe this generally.

Comment

MA is done with masks at games and practices now. RI should not be continuing the mask rule for youth sports, amateur sports, etc soon.

Comment

About time.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X