X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECNL NW Girls Regional League

https://www.ecnlgirls.com/2021/04/27...hwest-pacific/

Looks like all the existing ECNL girls clubs plus Snohomish United. That means the >U14 B teams from the existing ECNL clubs will no longer plan in the RCL, which will weaken it even further.

The new pecking order for girls?

ECNL
    ECNL Regional League
    GA
    RCL

What this really means is that clubs like Rush and Sound FC and Valor are getting totally left behind.

Comment

Agreed. Rush and Sound FC especially are going to start bleeding quality players to Snohomish. Now there's a north sound option for ECNL, even if it's just Regional. I'm sure there are some good players who would prefer not to spend every other weekend on an airplane going to Southern California, or can't afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        https://www.ecnlgirls.com/2021/04/27...hwest-pacific/

Looks like all the existing ECNL girls clubs plus Snohomish United. That means the >U14 B teams from the existing ECNL clubs will no longer plan in the RCL, which will weaken it even further.

The new pecking order for girls?

ECNL
        ECNL Regional League
        GA
        RCL
        Flip Ga and ECNL, make it a Venn diagram with some substantial overlap between teams, players (i.e., some of the best players in most age groups are in GA, and some of the GA teams are better than some ECNL teams; same for some ECNL-R teams/players and GA, and some RCL/PSPL teams/players with ECNL-R). Having ECNL-R won’t magically make most of the SU, Pac and Eastside B teams in most of these age groups more competitive, and ECNL-R B teams just are not going to be an attractive option at all for most kids in or considering GA.

Comment

Agreed. Rush and Sound FC especially are going to start bleeding quality players to Snohomish. Now there's a north sound option for ECNL, even if it's just Regional. I'm sure there are some good players who would prefer not to spend every other weekend on an airplane going to Southern California, or can't afford it.
          Rush CO (the Rush mothership) and various other Rush affiliates are in and heavily involved in GA, and seem to have burned their bridges with ECNL. It’s surprising WA Rush hasn’t joined GA. Unclear what that club’s game plan is and why it isn’t much stronger than it is given it has a pretty big area mostly to itself.

Comment

maybe

Flip Ga and ECNL, make it a Venn diagram with some substantial overlap between teams, players (i.e., some of the best players in most age groups are in GA, and some of the GA teams are better than some ECNL teams; same for some ECNL-R teams/players and GA, and some RCL/PSPL teams/players with ECNL-R). Having ECNL-R won’t magically make most of the SU, Pac and Eastside B teams in most of these age groups more competitive, and ECNL-R B teams just are not going to be an attractive option at all for most kids in or considering GA.
            The top GAL from this area would be mid to bottom ECNL. I could see some Gunners teams competing at ECNL Regional top team.

Comment

More

I have been told by our club (ECNL club) that the ECNL Regional teams will still be playing in the RCL, at least for a year.

Comment

I have been told by our club (ECNL club) that the ECNL Regional teams will still be playing in the RCL, at least for a year.
                That would be interesting considering ECNL is US Club and RCL is USYS. Which player cards will they be using?

Comment

Rush CO (the Rush mothership) and various other Rush affiliates are in and heavily involved in GA, and seem to have burned their bridges with ECNL. It’s surprising WA Rush hasn’t joined GA. Unclear what that club’s game plan is and why it isn’t much stronger than it is given it has a pretty big area mostly to itself.
                  I think some of their East Coast clubs have affiliated with MLSNext, maybe that's why?

WA Rush seems to focus more on their boys teams, even though their girls teams seem to be more competitive (their A teams are usually strong in RCL Div 1 in most age groups, but they are also realistically competing against B teams since most of the top clubs have their A team in ECNL).

Comment

This whole rebranding of leagues is laughable. Basically ECNL is eliminating RCL 1 & 2 by creating ECNL, ECNL Composite, and ENCL-Regional. WYSA RCL league is going to be a Tier 4 league.

Comment

this is true. RCL and ECNL Regional league will play next year.. which means like RCL + 12 games and a showcase.

Not an awesome selling point.. they are basically going to have more games in RCL 1 and a separate "league" against the same teams plus a couple trips to Portland. Whoopee. I dont see the draw, other than the name ECNL. Some of the B teams that are going to be eligible for this are not even D1 teams (eastside and pac have teams that are not D1 that will be a part of this)

Comment

this is true. RCL and ECNL Regional league will play next year.. which means like RCL + 12 games and a showcase.

Not an awesome selling point.. they are basically going to have more games in RCL 1 and a separate "league" against the same teams plus a couple trips to Portland. Whoopee. I dont see the draw, other than the name ECNL. Some of the B teams that are going to be eligible for this are not even D1 teams (eastside and pac have teams that are not D1 that will be a part of this)
                        Why would they play RCL and the ECNL-R? Overkill on games and still playing some weak teams that are in RCL, including Div I. With 8 teams in the NW Division that could be a 14 game regular season with home and away. Throw in a showcase or a couple matches with ECNL-R teams from outside the region and you’re good.

Comment

Why would they play RCL and the ECNL-R? Overkill on games and still playing some weak teams that are in RCL, including Div I. With 8 teams in the NW Division that could be a 14 game regular season with home and away. Throw in a showcase or a couple matches with ECNL-R teams from outside the region and you’re good.
                          great question - but that's what they are doing.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X