Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECNL NW Regional League

Thoughts? I know this will mainly be the B teams for the Clubs' ECNL A teams but will this finally put the dagger in the GA (GDA) experiment? Wish they would have included a couple more WA teams like ISC, Reign, Spokane, etc with an opportunity to schedule some friendlies with the A teams. I guess keep the leagues closed and the parents guessing for a few more years.

Nah, this is just more of the same. If ECNL-R included ISC, Reign, etc. then GDA would be toast. You’re not going to see GDA kids flocking to ECNL-R.

A rose by any other name...

Comment

Honest question. What is the RCL now? It will mostly be the third team for clubs now right? Time for WYS and PSPL to bury their hate and just combine.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Thoughts? I know this will mainly be the B teams for the Clubs' ECNL A teams but will this finally put the dagger in the GA (GDA) experiment? Wish they would have included a couple more WA teams like ISC, Reign, Spokane, etc with an opportunity to schedule some friendlies with the A teams. I guess keep the leagues closed and the parents guessing for a few more years.
        There are too many (adult) children running ECNL-- can't make thoughtful decisions to include clubs like ISC or Reign because they are harboring juvenile grudges from years past and refuse to grow up. Too bad, because no one is acting in the interests of the kids anymore.

Not one ECNL club saw fit to scrimmage or have friendlies locally with ISC or Reign when travel was banned. Would have made too much sense. Would have finally settled the issue of who deserves to play in which league.

So the real answer is that children in charge make bad choices.

Comment

This move will make recruiting much more difficult for the current GA clubs (Reign, ISC) as well as the new clubs (Harbor, WA Timbers) as they were counting on players that might not make an ECNL roster but still want a higher level of play and exposure. The Regional ENCL will now provide that and most games will still be in the Seattle area.

Comment

smile more

There are too many (adult) children running ECNL-- can't make thoughtful decisions to include clubs like ISC or Reign because they are harboring juvenile grudges from years past and refuse to grow up. Too bad, because no one is acting in the interests of the kids anymore.

Not one ECNL club saw fit to scrimmage or have friendlies locally with ISC or Reign when travel was banned. Would have made too much sense. Would have finally settled the issue of who deserves to play in which league.

So the real answer is that children in charge make bad choices.

ISC nor reign could compete in the ECNL at all ages. The competition week in and out is strong and both clubs lack depth as they have to compete with the other clubs in the area for kids. No club is ducking ISC or Reign. They have had chances to compete against ECNL and usually come up short.

Comment

My kid is on a GA team and she and her teammates really couldn’t care less about ECNL-R (and nor, apparently, would the would-be ECNL players moving to GA teams). She’s happy where she is and not looking to move to an ECNL team either, although I suspect she could if she wanted. Don’t think any of the GA clubs are worried about ECNL-R either.

Comment

My kid is on a GA team and she and her teammates really couldn’t care less about ECNL-R (and nor, apparently, would the would-be ECNL players moving to GA teams). She’s happy where she is and not looking to move to an ECNL team either, although I suspect she could if she wanted. Don’t think any of the GA clubs are worried about ECNL-R either.
                I will let you in on a little secret.... GA is on life support. You might want to be proactive and look around before the GA makes the choice for you.

Comment

I will let you in on a little secret.... GA is on life support. You might want to be proactive and look around before the GA makes the choice for you.
                  Those on the "inside" know that this is true. GAL is seriously faltering.

Comment

We knew this was coming, but as a parent of a kiddo on one of the small clubs that's left, it's still such a bummer. RCL div 1 is basically going to just be the best teams of the little clubs without GA or ECNL teams -- all brought up from the lower divisions. Boo.

Comment

Those on the "inside" know that this is true. GAL is seriously faltering.
                      Too funny that the FUD (Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt) campaign continues... Seem the news of impending death has (and continues to be) greatly exaggerated. More curious why anyone would want ECNL-R - Christian trying to put his stamp further down the stack?

Comment

We knew this was coming, but as a parent of a kiddo on one of the small clubs that's left, it's still such a bummer. RCL div 1 is basically going to just be the best teams of the little clubs without GA or ECNL teams -- all brought up from the lower divisions. Boo.
                        We are also from a "little club". For us, its geography. I can't drive my Ulittle all over Seattle for a soccer practice during the week. They will stay with their club because they are happy there and they are challenged. I won't worry about it until my kid is the best in their club, if that ever happens.

Comment

We are also from a "little club". For us, its geography. I can't drive my Ulittle all over Seattle for a soccer practice during the week. They will stay with their club because they are happy there and they are challenged. I won't worry about it until my kid is the best in their club, if that ever happens.
                          Dude you are completely delusional. If you are not spending 3 hours minimum on the road a day driving to practice, how is your kid ever going make the US national team. Furthermore last I checked kids don't play sports for fun. They play sports to better themselves by listening intently to the relentless screaming of an adult coach that played some college soccer back in the day. And if your kid is not the best of the best of the best on a D team at XF by now, then there is no way they are going to college, let alone play in college, let alone be a functional adult some day. Soccer Parenting 101.

:)

Comment

One year in and they are adding clubs all over the region and country, pulling off a very well-run showcase in Florida and talent id camps for their conferences, successfully navigating the fud campaign from ECNL clubs and a some malcontents who only joined GA in the hopes of getting to ECNL as soon as possible, constantly announcing new corporate partners/sponsors, and drawing in new players (some from ECNL clubs). But sure, let’s all trust your “inside secret” that they are on life support. There will be places for the strong players who have stayed in GA if and when there’s ever a need for them to move (which seems very unlikely), just as the ECNL clubs have been willing to supplant their existing players over the past year with players who had spent years training and developing with GA clubs.

Comment

One year in and they are adding clubs all over the region and country, pulling off a very well-run showcase in Florida and talent id camps for their conferences, successfully navigating the fud campaign from ECNL clubs and a some malcontents who only joined GA in the hopes of getting to ECNL as soon as possible, constantly announcing new corporate partners/sponsors, and drawing in new players (some from ECNL clubs). But sure, let’s all trust your “inside secret” that they are on life support. There will be places for the strong players who have stayed in GA if and when there’s ever a need for them to move (which seems very unlikely), just as the ECNL clubs have been willing to supplant their existing players over the past year with players who had spent years training and developing with GA clubs.
                              Exactly right.

That FL event was so well-run and the competition across 5 levels was amazing. Clubs adding, not leaving. The only uncertainty comes from crappy CA, whose govenor can't find a way to give up his lockdown dictatorship. I'm quite sure that GA will be fine. And the hobbled west coast teams who have gone a year without playing will recover.

So much animosity towards the GA-- but why? Could it be that the GA's mere existence is threatening to the facist power structure of the ECNL? Nice try with the FUD cancel culture attempts-- I'm not buying it one bit.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X