Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WPFC ECNL (girls)

Any feedback? My daughter is looking to make a move this tryout season (playing time) and this is a possible landing place. I admit I don't know much about this club or their ECNL program as opposed to the other WA clubs. Appreciate any thoughts

what age group?

Comment

We have been at WP for 5 years in the ECNL program and my daughter has grown as a player. We live in Seattle, so have chosen to stay there even as other clubs gained ECNL status. Even though it is a large club, I still feel like we are part of a community and my daughter has gone from sitting on the bench more than she played her first year to playing full games.

Comment

WP girls

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Any feedback? My daughter is looking to make a move this tryout season (playing time) and this is a possible landing place. I admit I don't know much about this club or their ECNL program as opposed to the other WA clubs. Appreciate any thoughts

We are at a competitor club but WP has a really good ECNL program. Lots of talent there. Best part of ECNL play is the practice against an entire team of talented players. Good luck. Ignore the bashing out there of ECNL. On the girls side there are talented girls at RCL, PSPL, etc, but on a team depth at every position level it is the best we have found to play against.

Comment

We made the jump to WPFC from another club this past year. Our experience with WP and the ECNL program, coaches, and families has been positive.

Comment

thank you all for the useful comments, appreciate it very much

Comment

I would agree with most of what has already been stated. My DD played for years as a discovery player with WP ECNL and overall had a great experience. While it has become somewhat watered down with the addition of several ECNL clubs in Washington, it is still likely the best place to be as far as competition level and college exposure.

Comment

I would agree with most of what has already been stated. My DD played for years as a discovery player with WP ECNL and overall had a great experience. While it has become somewhat watered down with the addition of several ECNL clubs in Washington, it is still likely the best place to be as far as competition level and college exposure.
                College exposure??? I beg to differ !!

Comment

College exposure??? I beg to differ !!
                  I've heard WPFC is amazing at recruiting. They have college coaches on staff.

Comment

Coaches can definitely help (or hurt) with recruiting but the biggest factors are a) playing on a team that goes to national tournaments attended by scouts and b) how the athlete markets themself

I have multiple kids playing college sports & youngest is committed. Kids were all on "visible" teams and had coaches contact them after the big tournaments, but not necessarily schools they were interested in attending. The schools they ended up going to were ones they reached out to with their game schedules, inviting coaches to watch, and where they attended ID camps. Marketing yourself to schools where you fit athletically and academically is key. I've seen really good players who wanted to play college never find a spot because they didn't reach out to coaches consistently/persistently. There's lots of info out there on how to do it. Player should start with an email intro and keep in touch with academic updates, game film, team updates etc

Comment

90% of playing in college is on the parents and the players. Coaches, Clubs, Tourneys and etc, maybe make up the difference. The talented ones it may be a little easier. The rest really need to put in the leg work to get noticed. I will bet a majority that want to play at the next level can get on a team, especially girls.

Do some clubs help the process more than others....probably. Just dont expect them to hand things to you on a silver platter.

Comment

Coaches can definitely help (or hurt) with recruiting but the biggest factors are a) playing on a team that goes to national tournaments attended by scouts and b) how the athlete markets themself

I have multiple kids playing college sports & youngest is committed. Kids were all on "visible" teams and had coaches contact them after the big tournaments, but not necessarily schools they were interested in attending. The schools they ended up going to were ones they reached out to with their game schedules, inviting coaches to watch, and where they attended ID camps. Marketing yourself to schools where you fit athletically and academically is key. I've seen really good players who wanted to play college never find a spot because they didn't reach out to coaches consistently/persistently. There's lots of info out there on how to do it. Player should start with an email intro and keep in touch with academic updates, game film, team updates etc
                        Yeah, spot on. Gotta put in the work. Treat recruiting like another class in school.
                        Not part of WPFC, but they do a pretty good job putting players into college ball, especially
                        girls. Lots of soccer nursing students at PLU and SPU. Smart and hardworking.
                        Good job parents and players. Good luck to all. Hope your kid find their college place. :)

Comment

Yeah, spot on. Gotta put in the work. Treat recruiting like another class in school.
                          Not part of WPFC, but they do a pretty good job putting players into college ball, especially
                          girls. Lots of soccer nursing students at PLU and SPU. Smart and hardworking.
                          Good job parents and players. Good luck to all. Hope your kid find their college place. :)
                          WPFC is distant second to the other major clubs. Very good that players get to go to PLU and SPU as there is always a fit for every player. But other major clubs have multiple players going to top D1 schools all over the country.

Comment

WPFC is distant second to the other major clubs. Very good that players get to go to PLU and SPU as there is always a fit for every player. But other major clubs have multiple players going to top D1 schools all over the country.
                            Not from WPFC and wouldn’t drive there from Seattle, but this is just objectively wrong. WPFC’s track record in developing and placing players in a broad range of schools — including top programs for the few players who can play at that level (they’ve had kids play at UW, Santa Clara, Vanderbilt, Stanford, Portland, Utah, WSU, etc within recent years) — is as good or better than any of the local clubs (xf has been the most consistent in college placements, in part because they had the elite field in Seattle to themselves until five years ago; pac, reign, and Eastside all have a good track record on that front too; other clubs like isc and the club formerly known as northwest nationals have had teams where most of their players ended up playing in college but don’t do that consistently, and su will probably get there but hasn’t yet as as it will still be a bit before they get to graduating classes they they didn’t decide to send out to other clubs). WPFC also seem to do a good job helping people find the right fit and to help find places where those who need it can get some scholarship $.

Comment

These posts extolling the virtues of WPFC are hilarious. Just because you turned your cucumber farm into soccer fields doesn't change that you still don't have teeth and married your second cousin.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X