X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Masks gone Friday

Thank god. It was always a bad idea during games. My kids will be thrilled

Where’s your source? I have heard nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Where’s your source? I have heard nothing.
      CDC now admitting what they knew a year ago (and that is not hyperbole): outdoor transmission is comically rare and masks are unnecessary.

Karens can come out of the basement now.

Comment

CDC now admitting what they knew a year ago (and that is not hyperbole): outdoor transmission is comically rare and masks are unnecessary.

CDC should be accountable for all the tensions and violence caused by this intentional withholding of information. Jail Fauci.

Comment

One of the more shameful parts of the pandemic response, and that is really saying something.

Everybody should be talking to coaches and clubs, and the expectation should be no more masks for any outdoor activities.

And this board should change the stupid mask question.

Comment

Thank god. It was always a bad idea during games. My kids will be thrilled
            Nope not happening Friday.
            https://www.boston.com/news/coronavi...-spring-summer

If you saw you don’t have to wear a mask if you can socially distance yourself outside. Not sure soccer is a socially distancing sport?

Comment

Too bad the indoor players didn't wear masks. Ice hockey makes up most of the COVID clusters, basketball a distant second:

https://www.wgbh.org/news/politics/2...-school-sports

Comment

Nope not happening Friday.
                https://www.boston.com/news/coronavi...-spring-summer

If you saw you don’t have to wear a mask if you can socially distance yourself outside. Not sure soccer is a socially distancing sport?
                The assumption based on that is being phased in later in May is that sports are not considered large gatherings. There is also no longer any kind of enforcement mechanism for mask non compliance. It's over.

Comment

Is anyone still seeing enforced mask wearing during games? I haven't seen one kid from any club actually wearing it. They all just put them on their chins and play.

Comment

Is anyone still seeing enforced mask wearing during games? I haven't seen one kid from any club actually wearing it. They all just put them on their chins and play.
                    Agreed. And they complain about getting an uneven tan!

Comment

Only a weak coach would let that happen. Are the other league rules optional?

Comment

Must be a shltload of weak coaches then, because I'm seeing with each and every club/team/game played so far.

Some players, yes. Whole teams? No. Half a team? No.

Comment

I think you misunderstand what I said. I haven't seen one team anywhere at any age group wearing masks. Not one the entire Spring. Not our team, not other clubs. Nobody.

And my daughter plays in that 4 letter league you may have heard of. They have decent coaches.

I'm genuinely curious if teams are still wearing masks because I just haven't seen it.

Comment

Tell me again why I shouldn't be able to go into a store shirtless and/or shoeless? Freedumb!!!

But seriously, at the end of the day these things are all true-

1. covid turns out to be mainly passed around via airborne transmission
                            2. wearing a mask is very effective at blocking said transmission
                            3. wearing a mask is NOT the end of the world (you will survive)

my _guess_ that the continued outdoor mandates are driven by-

1. lack of conclusive proof that you can't catch the covid outdoors
                            2. requiring a mask at all times in public (indoor and outdoor) communicated the severity of the problem

If you really really don't agree with this I suggest you book the next flight to India.

For soccer it is a giant pain in the butt. It's hard to run and recover when wearing one. It's annoying that it probably isn't actually preventing transmission of covid etc. But as a civilized society we decided, via our elected officials and scientific community, that we should all collectively pitch in and do our part. Not the end of the world.

What really gets my goat is that you have, at least, one or two players on every team that just decided, almost certainly via parental coaching, that the rules shouldn't apply to them and that they should take the advantage of flaunting the rules and leaving the mask down around their chin. I'm sure some will argue "what's the harm? it's a dumb rule anyway"... to which I'll just say that you are a selfish adult and you are raising a selfish youngster and that deep down the rest of your team thinks you are selfish even as they pretend and be civil with you.

Comment

I think you misunderstand what I said. I haven't seen one team anywhere at any age group wearing masks. Not one the entire Spring. Not our team, not other clubs. Nobody.

And my daughter plays in that 4 letter league you may have heard of. They have decent coaches.

I'm genuinely curious if teams are still wearing masks because I just haven't seen it.
                              i call BS on you. pictures or it didn't happen.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X