Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODP v ECNL in CT

Should I play ODP instead of ECNL? What do I get from ODP in CT?

Ecnl

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I did not know ODP still exited lol

Comment

I did not know ODP still exited lol
      There is apparently a small revival trying to happen.

Comment

ODP was a big deal back in the day. With clubs now in ECNL and DA there is absolutely no reason to spend the extra time and money on ODP. Coaches at ODP are far worse than anything you have at club level.

Same exposure in ECNL and DA as ODP maybe even better.

Comment

ODP U12 scrimmaged Hartford Soccer Club this weekend. eek.

Comment

How old are you? This is no place for children. Go back to tik tok.

Comment

ODP U12 scrimmaged Hartford Soccer Club this weekend. eek.
              "eek" because they lost? or because that was who they scheduled? I have fond memories of ODP's glory days, so I'm genuinely curious about this.

Comment

ODP was a big deal back in the day. With clubs now in ECNL and DA there is absolutely no reason to spend the extra time and money on ODP. Coaches at ODP are far worse than anything you have at club level.

Same exposure in ECNL and DA as ODP maybe even better.
                DA no longer exists

Comment

"eek" because they lost? or because that was who they scheduled? I have fond memories of ODP's glory days, so I'm genuinely curious about this.
                  ECNL is the platform for girls; MLS Next for boys. ODP is a waste of time. Has been for a decade. Don’t waste your money. You’ve been warned.

Comment

ECNL is the platform for girls; MLS Next for boys. ODP is a waste of time. Has been for a decade. Don’t waste your money. You’ve been warned.
                    It can be decent for younger players but not past U14 - but it all depends on what club you're at now and what you're hoping to get out of it. It used to be so much stronger but the big leagues have pulled nearly all the top talent out by U13 or so

Comment

It can be decent for younger players but not past U14 - but it all depends on what club you're at now and what you're hoping to get out of it. It used to be so much stronger but the big leagues have pulled nearly all the top talent out by U13 or so
                      It’s not even decent these days; the coaching is awful. Take it from someone who put their kid through it; don’t waste the time.

Comment

ODP is great, even better if you can make regional team. ODP is not run as a business like ECNL is.

Comment

The eek was for the opponent- a town EDP side. ODP not even trying to hide how far they've fallen.

Comment

It’s not even decent these days; the coaching is awful. Take it from someone who put their kid through it; don’t waste the time.
                            It's a shame what has happened to that program. Some state organizations still put some effort into it but CT has forgotten it like a stepchild

Comment

MLS Academy yes, MLS Next .... Not so much.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X