Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather Cancellations

So does SuperLiga think every field in the state is unplayable when just a little rain falls, or have they forgotten that soccer is an all weather sport?

Get over it. Town teams, small budgets, have to Cate for their fields.
    Watch a movie w your kid.

Comment

No reason Supeliga should cancel for everyone, and at 6am??!! Should be the towns' individual decisions based on game time and field conditions. Rescheduling is a pain in the azz as these kids have such busy schedules. Perfect afternoon for soccer. Club games were going on all day. Would love to hear Superliga's reasoning for this poor decision.

Comment

If my kid can't make the rescheduled date, I want a refund!

Comment

To the people complaining, please stop, you will get a makeup date. Imagine they let your kid play at 9am and then another team at 10 am on the same field. What about the next 2 weekends of games that everyone now has to play on that GRASS field that your kid tore up in the rain. Just because you wanted to play TODAY. You want guaranteed games, pay club prices and play on turf every game, problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            To the people complaining, please stop, you will get a makeup date. Imagine they let your kid play at 9am and then another team at 10 am on the same field. What about the next 2 weekends of games that everyone now has to play on that GRASS field that your kid tore up in the rain. Just because you wanted to play TODAY. You want guaranteed games, pay club prices and play on turf every game, problem solved.
            Lots of clubs cancelled today too. No biggie. Your game will be rescheduled on a nice day. Go spend time with your wife for once.

Comment

Late afternoon game, well established grass field that drains well, only game on that field today....superliga's blanket call was ridiculous. Town associations should be making the call. Supeliga has been a hindrance for quite some time. Time for new leadership.

Comment

Late afternoon game, well established grass field that drains well, only game on that field today....superliga's blanket call was ridiculous. Town associations should be making the call. Supeliga has been a hindrance for quite some time. Time for new leadership.
                We at SURF would rather not play in the slop when playing town Superliga. Please understand, we are accustom to fine groomed turf. Not messy divotted grass. Those conditions do nothing for our fine tuned ball skills. It is really for the betterment of our competitors that they see and get a chance to adapt to this higher level play. You are welcome.

Please respectfully remember, we are playing up (some). For example; a U11 player may be playing U12 and even sometimes remarkably, a player may play up 2 years, I have even personally witnessed 3 years!

Comment

We at SURF would rather not play in the slop when playing town Superliga. Please understand, we are accustom to fine groomed turf. Not messy divotted grass. Those conditions do nothing for our fine tuned ball skills. It is really for the betterment of our competitors that they see and get a chance to adapt to this higher level play. You are welcome.

Please respectfully remember, we are playing up (some). For example; a U11 player may be playing U12 and even sometimes remarkably, a player may play up 2 years, I have even personally witnessed 3 years!

So you lost to Pumas again on Saturday I guess. Tough break. Move it along sir.

Comment

The Pumas are so special. I think we will join Surf just so we can be a part of winning Saturday games and all having fun, and help LR and SC make a living without having to actual run training sessions. Yay, moms and dads are so proud.

Comment

The Pumas are so special. I think we will join Surf just so we can be a part of winning Saturday games and all having fun, and help LR and SC make a living without having to actual run training sessions. Yay, moms and dads are so proud.
                      Send LR back to Mexico, I’m tired of watching his teams play good soccer!

The only thing I would take from them is to start my own club with two teams and make a living out it.

Comment

Send LR back to Mexico, I’m tired of watching his teams play good soccer!

The only thing I would take from them is to start my own club with two teams and make a living out it.

HATER ALERT... LR has a full time job, on top of coaching Pumas and Surf. I guarantee you every town charges double what Pumas charge for Super Liga. Forget the practice debate, they get enough of that with their club teams. That's why they are able to charge half, and that's all they are looking for, games not practices. If he were making a living off it, plus coaching at Surf, why would he need a full time job also? The funny thing is, he had 2 Puma teams for a couple years, then a pandemic hits, and he comes out of it now with 5 teams. Are you telling me that all those extra kids on the 3 new teams parents' are all wrong? They must have seen a model that they like in order to leave their town for the Pumas. Answer me this. All the top teams in super liga, with the exception of the Pumas according to TS, practice 1 or 2 times per week with their town team, plus the TOP teams have at least 70% (lets say for conversation purposes), club players. So now those kids play 2 games per week, plus 3/4/5 practices per week with club/town, and they still can't catch the Pumas. Sounds to me like Pumas are doing something right. All this banter sounds like jealous parents/coaches. I would love to stand right next to LR if you ever had your big boy pants on, and I would like to see you tell him to go back to Mexico directly to his face. YOU ARE A LOSER

Comment

If every town only allowed players from their town to play on their teams, the same 4 or 5 towns would dominate every year. Simply because of population, nothing else. Why should a club player, be forced to play on a town team, say in 2nd or 3rd division in their birth year, because he/she got unlucky to live in a town where maybe their team only has 2 or 3 advanced players? Your really think that kid deserves that type of experience? Sounds like the Pumas got ahead of that model, and balanced the playing field for their players that either don't have a town that offers a program, don't want to play in their age group, and isn't much fun for the player to be on a team that is likely not very competitive, or, for whatever reason, the player/parent doesn't feel comfortable playing for the town they reside in, FOR WHATEVER REASON. Not that it's all about winning, but let's face it, it isn't much fun when your a 12 year old club player, and your put on a team with a bunch of players your age, that play like they are 8 or 9. If you have been playing club for a few years, show me one kid that wants to play with their town with kids their age, unless their team is loaded with other club players? Either way, who cares, let the kids play, and worry about your own kid(s)

Comment

If every town only allowed players from their town to play on their teams, the same 4 or 5 towns would dominate every year. Simply because of population, nothing else. Why should a club player, be forced to play on a town team, say in 2nd or 3rd division in their birth year, because he/she got unlucky to live in a town where maybe their team only has 2 or 3 advanced players? Your really think that kid deserves that type of experience? Sounds like the Pumas got ahead of that model, and balanced the playing field for their players that either don't have a town that offers a program, don't want to play in their age group, and isn't much fun for the player to be on a team that is likely not very competitive, or, for whatever reason, the player/parent doesn't feel comfortable playing for the town they reside in, FOR WHATEVER REASON. Not that it's all about winning, but let's face it, it isn't much fun when your a 12 year old club player, and your put on a team with a bunch of players your age, that play like they are 8 or 9. If you have been playing club for a few years, show me one kid that wants to play with their town with kids their age, unless their team is loaded with other club players? Either way, who cares, let the kids play, and worry about your own kid(s)
                            My kid plays ECNL. Plays indoor in the winter with her town friends. Some play club, some don’t. I’m sorry you think that she (and players like her) “don’t deserve that experience”. She gets to play with her town friends and, honestly, she will play in any game she can with whoever is willing because she just loves to play.

Comment

My kid plays ECNL. Plays indoor in the winter with her town friends. Some play club, some don’t. I’m sorry you think that she (and players like her) “don’t deserve that experience”. She gets to play with her town friends and, honestly, she will play in any game she can with whoever is willing because she just loves to play.

And I certainly would never bash you for any of that, and I think it's great that is what works for your daughter. So why bash certain organizations/parents for the way they see fit? After all, you really are bashing the parents of these Pumas, because without the parents, there is no Pumas. And they are growing, so what does that kind of tell you/me?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X