Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Westside is admin and gets fields for Thorns. Thorns hire their own coaches, have their own director, run their programming completely separate, don’t train alongside WS coaches or teams (although there may be more integration with that with the inclusion of ECRL), use Providence Park etc. It is the same relationship as CU and THUSC.
    Hahahahahahaha

Comment

Westside is admin and gets fields for Thorns. Thorns hire their own coaches, have their own director, run their programming completely separate, don’t train alongside WS coaches or teams (although there may be more integration with that with the inclusion of ECRL), use Providence Park etc. It is the same relationship as CU and THUSC.
      Ok. So let me get this straight—west side just gets fields for thorns when they’re not at providence park?!? LOL!!!

Comment

Ok. So let me get this straight—west side just gets fields for thorns when they’re not at providence park?!? LOL!!!
        ...not sure why everyone always acts like the Providence Park thing is a lie...the academy literally trains there once a week most weeks unless the pro teams are using it...this should be the easiest thing to confirm...people on here have confirmed this many times...next.

Comment

Serious question:

Where the Thorns Academy end and the Westside Timbers start in their relationship.

Is Westside just the administration staff or are they managing the program too?
          Why don't you reach out to Mr. Paulson & Mr. Wilkinson to find out how the operate their NWSL Thorns Youth Academy program? Curios what is the source of your fascination with the Westside & NWSL Thorns relationship? Stay out of this vomit pool and go to the source.

Comment

...not sure why everyone always acts like the Providence Park thing is a lie...the academy literally trains there once a week most weeks unless the pro teams are using it...this should be the easiest thing to confirm...people on here have confirmed this many times...next.
            Where they practice is a much smaller problem compared to the much bigger ones pointed out here.

Comment

The amount of crap that's under the hood at the thorns academy is a laughing stock. Please, just give it a try and you'll see. I feel bad for the people who are there that don't know any better.

They should probably know, its not supposed to be like that. Advertise everything, follow through on little, end up being a crap show.

Comment

You do know that MP’s kid plays for the Thorns, right?

There is an older post about him nearly getting into a fight at a game early on the season....

I wonder how they get to practice at Providence? Hmmm...

That is cool to play there, but doesn’t change that they are Westside Timbers.

Comment

(Sing this to "The Wellerman")

Oh, my beer money has all been spent
                  Me playin' career has come and went
                  And a coach's wage it don't pay the rent
                  I need to find a whale

Oh, may, the collegeman come
                  Waving tickets to Division One
                  And when the training is done
                  We'll go out for some ale

I see him in the parkin' lot
                  In an S-Class Benz with a wife whose hot
                  I tell him his daughter has a shot
                  And what it will entail

Oh, may the trainerman come
                  With private lessons that are one-on-one
                  Available for a modest sum
                  For those who will prevail

Our team it flies throughout the West
                  We need to travel 'cause we're the best
                  I tell parents that and they're impressed
                  And sign up without fail

To showcase tournaments in the sun
                  They stand by the chute and watch the cattle run
                  And step onto the scale

These girls have talent, I'll admit
                  But my instincts tell me that none are "it"
                  I'll break it to them gently, bit by bit
                  So lessons don't curtail

I'm sorry, young lady, but you're not the one
                  You can watch us play in the stadium
                  When tickets go on sale

Sometimes when I go to the watering hole
                  I see a former player up on the pole
                  Although she's eighteen I fear for my soul
                  At least I don't fear jail

Another year of suckers, here they come
                  Rich girls' daddies they sure are dumb
                  This racket don't get stale

'Cuz working on a crew it ain't no fun
                  I love me the life of a soccer bum
                  I've reached the Holy Grail
                  Awesome, and so true

Comment

There is an older post about him nearly getting into a fight at a game early on the season....

What?? I don’t doubt it. Paulson is a hot head. Arrogant dude for sure

Comment

It’s like you’re almost embarrassed for them, but then the astoundingly ignorant arrogance changes things.

Comment

Train at providence once in a blue moon but can’t use the goal areas as they don’t want to wear them down.

Again. Thorns aren’t what they sell themselves to be. It’s a joke.

Comment

Train at providence once in a blue moon but can’t use the goal areas as they don’t want to wear them down.

Again. Thorns aren’t what they sell themselves to be. It’s a joke.
                          They have been mostly training lately at Powerlines park on half fields. I have seen them their every week.

How would you like to pay $9k+ to train in a public park with tall grass?

Smoke and a lot of mirrors

Comment

They have been mostly training lately at Powerlines park on half fields. I have seen them their every week.

I am sure a parent could show up with their ride on lawn mower and mow the fields before each pract.

Also $9,000 is not bad. Try raising a kid at 16 years old.

Comment

Lol powerlines in the tall grass. Imagine paying money to train right next to lil kickers Rec teams!!!

Comment

Lol powerlines in the tall grass. Imagine paying money to train right next to lil kickers Rec teams!!!
                                Imagine being such a parochial PNW fool that you think turf--even a nicer turf like at Prov Park--is the ideal surface to play soccer on.

Granted, the grass is a bit slow there, but I'm amazed how many eediots here in the PacNW have forgotten how God intended soccer to be played.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X