Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CJSA / State Cup

What is going on at CJSA? They just can't seem to get their act together. State cup draw postponed again....... they are so disorganized it is pathetic.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What is going on at CJSA? They just can't seem to get their act together. State cup draw postponed again....... they are so disorganized it is pathetic.
    They chose not to get vaccinated...sickos.

Comment

State

How many teams actually signed up ?

Comment

Looks like SCP should just abandon ship. All teams but 1 out, even lost to a Shelton team. Imagine paying $3500 to see that :)

Comment

Imagine paying $4,000 and using unrostered players.

Comment

Looks like SCP should just abandon ship. All teams but 1 out, even lost to a Shelton team. Imagine paying $3500 to see that :)
            As a former player of SCP I am very discouraged to see where we are as a club. We have a proud history and many great players came out of SCP on both the girls and boys side. I don’t know where it went so horribly wrong. I am hoping the club can turn this around but I am not going to hold my breath.

Comment

SCP was a decent club i wouldnt say it has this great history. Once OW got rolling scp was an after thought. Once SCP crapped out of the DA it was straight downhill after that

Comment

SCP was a decent club i wouldnt say it has this great history. Once OW got rolling scp was an after thought. Once SCP crapped out of the DA it was straight downhill after that
                ^ this.

Comment

SCP went south went Andrea started running it. enough said

Comment

SCP missed their opportunity. They had DA status and could have developed their own facility. Instead they kept everything on the cheap and it has shown. Their coaching staff has deteriorated and it is no longer a destination club. They did not adapt to the changing structure within youth soccer. They have only themselves to blame.

Comment

When I was younger, CFC and SCP were the two top clubs in CT. Then people realized SCP could take players only so far, the Boy's Academy fiasco happened, club mismanagement etc. SCP was content to collect checks and let other clubs leave it in the gutter. SCP claims USWNT goalkeeper Alyssa Naeher as one of there's, but she bailed on the club before high school too for greener pastures.

Comment

SCP is trying to run tryouts now. It’s becoming apparent to everyone that they will not have many teams left. They may even be done. It was an absolute free fall. I have to imagine Ginga will pick up most of the players who leave.

Comment

Where the heck does a top talent go these days. Everywhere is so watered down with there being so many choices now. There's no "top CT club" or "clubs" anymore.

Comment

Soccer

Where the heck does a top talent go these days. Everywhere is so watered down with there being so many choices now. There's no "top CT club" or "clubs" anymore.
                            What a weird post. On the girls side top talent obviously goes to CFC United. And it isn’t close Oakwood still has some strong teams. Fsa is a bit of an Ecnl train wreck so who knows what is happening there.

Next level down is EDP. Those girls go to Yankee Ginga or maybe Chelsea piers in the south. CFC Ercl is probably at this level too CFC valley and North regional try to stay in the top division of EDP but they aren’t real competitive.

State EDP levels are next and those are basically decent town travel teams for the most part.

Comment

Soccer

2006 actually has a legit cup tourney. 18 teams. Basically everyone besides the Ecnl teams and oakwood entered.

So yes they all understand they are probably playing for 3 or 4th (not sure fsa Ecnl would even win this) in the state overall but still a good test of who is the next tier of teams.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X