Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    For years people have been arguing this.

If you care so much, build a league- shoot there are a dozen of them. Make it open. Good luck.

The fact is you are ignorant. How is PSPL doing? EAL? GAL? Take your money, your time, and your resources and do something about it. At least Joe Campos at Eagleclaw is doing just that, but he will never win in the end. He has built a great little club in the shadow of PACNW, but that all it will be.

For the majority of parents and kids, this is a hobby, and the current landscape works for them. If you are on the fringes, it does not. Im sorry, not sorry.

Life isnt fair.

You might say im an elitist, i come from a middle class family and make middle class wages. In the nw that puts me likely just below middle class. Soccer is expensive.

But we have choices, my children (3) could play rec, select- we choose to play for one of the big clubs.

Stop complaining
    I mostly agree with this post, except for the characterization of Eagleclaw as "great." Have known several people with kids there who have had very poor experiences. They ultimately left and went to PAC, and are enjoying it.

Comment

Citing "Standards" is a dodge and just exposes the hypocrisy. What are the standards? Who sets them? Are they fair? If any club meets the standards are they in? Of course not! The standards are set so high that only a few mega-clubs can meet them. Why is one of the standards the number of registered players? Because that guarantees a certain level of membership fees to WYS, that's why. If a small club with 3 teams wants to enter the league, why deny them? The fact that the State Association - Washington Youth Soccer - created and operates a CLOSED league in this state is disgraceful.

Cursing? Seriously? Have you watched Bernie James coach? Driving themselves to games!? What does that have to do with anything? The fact is our State Association operates a CLOSED league and has brainwashed folks into thinking somehow kids at SU, XFire or PacNW are somehow more "elite" than kids at other clubs and, as your post confirms, WYS is keeping out the riff-raff. After all, that is really what your post is suggesting - a closed league is effective at keeping out the riff-raff or undesirables. THAT comment is completely undemocratic, arrogant and typifies exactly why CLOSED LEAGUES SUCK and are damaging to the sport. None of the so-called RCL clubs have "earned" anything. They were given undeserved status by WYS. There is such a thing as "soccer privilege" and the so-called RCL clubs are the beneficiaries. WYS is primarily culpable in creating this situation. The whole system needs to be taken down and reformed. Its not working for the kids or the sport.
      a u14 player driving themselves to a game is probably indicative of an age violation you incomprehensible moron

Comment

a u14 player driving themselves to a game is probably indicative of an age violation you incomprehensible moron
        Isn't the incomprehensible moron the one who claimed an epidemic of age violations at PSPL? No age violations occur anywhere else in the Washington soccer world? More importantly, are alleged age violations really the strongest argument in favor of closed youth leagues? Straw man arguments are stupid. Perhaps more stupid are those who fall for the silliest straw man arguments.

Comment

Interesting take on ECNL, another closed league:

https://youtu.be/8z3JvM-c4ZM

Comment

Isn't the incomprehensible moron the one who claimed an epidemic of age violations at PSPL? No age violations occur anywhere else in the Washington soccer world? More importantly, are alleged age violations really the strongest argument in favor of closed youth leagues? Straw man arguments are stupid. Perhaps more stupid are those who fall for the silliest straw man arguments.
            No, age violations do not regularly occur in RCL and definitely not at ECNL. I’m sure it probably has happened, but in 16 years of watching youth soccer, ECNL, and DA i never once witnessed it in league play.

The fact that you recognize and put up with the age violations in PSPL is endemic of the problem.

Comment

No, age violations do not regularly occur in RCL and definitely not at ECNL. I’m sure it probably has happened, but in 16 years of watching youth soccer, ECNL, and DA i never once witnessed it in league play.

The fact that you recognize and put up with the age violations in PSPL is endemic of the problem.
              Hey dumb a55, I never said I condoned age violations. Someone made an unspecified allegation of age violations, presumably as a justification for a closed league. That is the straw man argument. Apparently they and you think an open league cannot police age violations. The issue is closed leagues. You support closed leagues. I don’t. If you want to talk about it violations, start a new thread.

Comment

Hey dumb a55, I never said I condoned age violations. Someone made an unspecified allegation of age violations, presumably as a justification for a closed league. That is the straw man argument. Apparently they and you think an open league cannot police age violations. The issue is closed leagues. You support closed leagues. I don’t. If you want to talk about it violations, start a new thread.
                Deflect, deflect, deflect!

If you are involved in youth soccer in america, you support closed leagues. Your dollars support it! Quit! Leave, go away! We will all be better for it! You are a hypocrite, never mind a straw man argument.

Do you mean that i am “for” closed leagues? I have clearly stated i am not. In a perfect world i would allow relegation and demotion, and if you werent so stupid you’d know that the super league also supported relegation and demotion. I think the super league was a dumb idea as well, but i didnt go on a message board comparing the Super League to ECNL/RCL.

Keep arguing, you only demonstrate how ignorant you are.

Until then i will hold my breath for the formation of your completely open and completely free league that allows anyone with a tshirt and 11 kids to join. Should be magnificent!

Good luck dumb a55

Comment

Deflect, deflect, deflect!

If you are involved in youth soccer in america, you support closed leagues. Your dollars support it! Quit! Leave, go away! We will all be better for it! You are a hypocrite, never mind a straw man argument.

Do you mean that i am “for” closed leagues? I have clearly stated i am not. In a perfect world i would allow relegation and demotion, and if you werent so stupid you’d know that the super league also supported relegation and demotion. I think the super league was a dumb idea as well, but i didnt go on a message board comparing the Super League to ECNL/RCL.

Keep arguing, you only demonstrate how ignorant you are.

Until then i will hold my breath for the formation of your completely open and completely free league that allows anyone with a tshirt and 11 kids to join. Should be magnificent!

Good luck dumb a55
                  Searching for like button. Maybe post of the year.

Comment

Citing "Standards" is a dodge and just exposes the hypocrisy. What are the standards? Who sets them? Are they fair? If any club meets the standards are they in? Of course not! The standards are set so high that only a few mega-clubs can meet them. Why is one of the standards the number of registered players? Because that guarantees a certain level of membership fees to WYS, that's why. If a small club with 3 teams wants to enter the league, why deny them? The fact that the State Association - Washington Youth Soccer - created and operates a CLOSED league in this state is disgraceful.

Cursing? Seriously? Have you watched Bernie James coach? Driving themselves to games!? What does that have to do with anything? The fact is our State Association operates a CLOSED league and has brainwashed folks into thinking somehow kids at SU, XFire or PacNW are somehow more "elite" than kids at other clubs and, as your post confirms, WYS is keeping out the riff-raff. After all, that is really what your post is suggesting - a closed league is effective at keeping out the riff-raff or undesirables. THAT comment is completely undemocratic, arrogant and typifies exactly why CLOSED LEAGUES SUCK and are damaging to the sport. None of the so-called RCL clubs have "earned" anything. They were given undeserved status by WYS. There is such a thing as "soccer privilege" and the so-called RCL clubs are the beneficiaries. WYS is primarily culpable in creating this situation. The whole system needs to be taken down and reformed. Its not working for the kids or the sport.
                    The only people who wouldn’t agree with this is those with the most to lose . Coaches/club directors/parents who afraid of real competition .

Comment

The only people who wouldn’t agree with this is those with the most to lose . Coaches/club directors/parents who afraid of real competition .
                      Us parents aren't brainwashed. We don't like it anymore than you. They have a lock on the pay to play system in our state and it is what it is.

They've got the sheep by the balls and will fleece them at will. WYS is like the iphone app store. Clubs bow down or else.

You think you're the first person to realize this? You gonna threaten to take your ball and go home?

Comment

Us parents aren't brainwashed. We don't like it anymore than you. They have a lock on the pay to play system in our state and it is what it is.

They've got the sheep by the balls and will fleece them at will. WYS is like the iphone app store. Clubs bow down or else.

You think you're the first person to realize this? You gonna threaten to take your ball and go home?
                        Point well made, people realize the inefficient and complete BS youth soccer business practice. I don't think it is the majority but I am guessing at least 25% of parents with high level youth players realize this. Perhaps if we spread the word and people start to wake others up, the system can change. But this wouldn't happen overnight, so it wouldn't help today's kids.

I suppose there is no incentive from parents and clubs to change up the business. What should parents do if they realize this? Can't do much really.

Comment

It's about the kids

So much anger and vitriol on here. Isn't it about kids playing sports? And having as many kids have access to an experience that aligns with the talents and desires of the child?

It's not about the parents. It's never about the parents. Yet it always seems to turn into this name calling, sniping, and ugly behavior that shows up on sidelines and bulletin boards.

The single most important thing in the development of any youth in a classroom, sport, or other similar locale is the teacher/coach. It's true for adults at work also. The wrong coach can ruin an experience for kids and the right coach can make a team better. The second most important thing is the effectiveness of the team which comes from the environment and the coach as well as the philosophies of the club itself.

The kids only care about the acronyms and the leagues and the assumed status because the parents care and perpetuate it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X