Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This isn't my comment that you commented on but I'm going to assume a few things...you're definitely a Match Fit Shore 09 parent who was fed a line of b.s. by your coach about the ECNL and the prospects of getting a badge and how the DA screwed you over and how the GA was so far below your teams standards that there was no way you could stay at CSA. Btw, you're team isn't in the ECNL yet and the drama that's going to occur when you unseat some of the Match Fit North 09 players is going to be epic. RT is scrambling right now, practicing at Monmouth Regional and Mercer (have to keep the PA players happy) but wait until the fall when he has to appease families from Match Fit North as well. Sorry to say, but there's only 5 field players and the goalie from the Shore team right now that are pretty much guaranteed spots for the ECNL team. Do you think those North 09 players are just going to accept ECRL relegation? Also, the poster said that any other team besides PDA Blue is on par with every GA team in the state. PDA South, PDA White and Match Fit North teams are very comparable to any SJEB, STA and CSA teams. Anyone that argues this simply isn't being honest. Of course teams applied to the ECNL when the DA collapsed. Did you expect any different? DA Teams were without a league. The process proved to be a joke because as soon as PDA South got approved it showed how much power MO and PDA have and it became obvious that no other clubs in NJ would get in. The fact that PDA North has 2 teams that play out of the same location but play in 2 different regions of the ECNL is a joke as well.
    I beg to differ as the SJEB 08s would demolish PDA South, White and MF and would most likely take out Blue if given the opportunity.

Comment

What’s ironic is that MO and PDA helped out GA as much as anyone by blocking SJEB, STA and CSA. Can you imagine GA in the Northeast without those clubs?
      The MA GA with out Arlington and maybe FCV without SJEB or CSA would be an absolute mess of garbage.

Comment

April 15, 2020 US Development Academy announced the termination of the their Boys and Girls Soccer Program

April 18th Girls Academy League was formed by DPL in light of DA collapse

April 25th Girls Academy League announces first wave of teams and conferences

You are very misinformed. These are facts. You can look this all up. Its not a conspiracy. These clubs very quickly formed GAL without any previous knowledge DA was folding? They did it in 3 days? Wow. They have you sold.
        These clubs didn't even have time to apply for and be denied by ECNL. They committed to GAL then applied to ECNL then got denied. Some initial GAL teams did get ECNL and bailed from GAL.
        You can look at this however you like but I call BS. And yes all of these clubs joined GAL because they had no other viable option (other than USYS) And because they had no other option it was an act of desperation. Its not DA and this is not an Elite League like they claim it to be. It is not even close to DA.

It doesn't matter who my kid is or who I am. There are others who have the same story as me. I didn't want to sit back and be fed more BS from the club about this awesome new league. We chose to move to a league with some history of success. If my kid was younger maybe I would have stuck around to give it a chance.

I will leave you with this again. If you are happy then thats all that matters. Stay wherever you are and enjoy. We made a decision that was best for us. You make the decision that is best for your player.
        Wait, aren't you the same poster that said you know for a fact that your former club applied for the ECNL last year as well as this year....total contradiction from you saying the teams didn't even have time to apply to the ECNL. It does matter what kid your team moved to because if it's anyone but PDA Blue than your not being honest. Every single team whether it's PDA South, PDA White or Match Fit North is comparable to every GAL team in the state. The funny part is if you did move to one of those teams you were told or think that just being in the ECNL is your kid's ticket to a college scholarship. Haha

Comment

Wait, aren't you the same poster that said you know for a fact that your former club applied for the ECNL last year as well as this year....total contradiction from you saying the teams didn't even have time to apply to the ECNL. It does matter what kid your team moved to because if it's anyone but PDA Blue than your not being honest. Every single team whether it's PDA South, PDA White or Match Fit North is comparable to every GAL team in the state. The funny part is if you did move to one of those teams you were told or think that just being in the ECNL is your kid's ticket to a college scholarship. Haha
          not OP but you do realize that those clubs were all clamoring for ECNL even when they were actual DA.

Also, since the announcement was absolutely not a surprise to any DOCs, despite what they said, of course they were applying to ECNL already by the time the DA collapsed to the public.

Comment

You make too much sense.

Comment

I swear you are funny. Like Inspector Clouseau. Yes, I said I know for a fact that my former club applied for ECNL last year and this year. I stay in touch with my Ds former coach. I didn't contradict anything. What I am saying is although they got into GAL last year they applied for ECNL as well. All of the GAL clubs did.You made it sound like they formed GAL after they all got denied ECNL which is obviously not true. And I guarantee you that if my former club got accepted they would take ECNL in a heartbeat over GAL. So would your club and you would definitely be happy with that decision. For now your in GAL and you are trying to make the best of it. I get it.
              It doesn't matter if you believe me or not I really don't care and it doesn't affect my daughter one bit. She is doing just fine thank you

Comment

Poster from another state....

I know for a fact our club tried to get into ECNL before GDA came along. We already had it for Boys, and after being shut out of ECNL they went along with GDA when the opportunity presented itself. They were quite open with us when they made the GDA announcement.

When GDA collapsed, they did NOT try to get into ECNL then. That ship has sailed, and there is no breaking the cabal that exists. At least in our area, and I suspect the same exists in PDA's neighborhood.

Personally, I don't care. Sure, ECNL would've been nice, and we considered an offer to join before we went to GDA, but the logistics of where they are made it impossible for our family. GAL has some warts, but it hasn't impacted the college journey so far and don't expect it to. My daughter isn't a P5 candidate, but will be choosing between some lower-ranked D1 schools that remain interested, and understanding of the situation.

Comment

I swear you are funny. Like Inspector Clouseau. Yes, I said I know for a fact that my former club applied for ECNL last year and this year. I stay in touch with my Ds former coach. I didn't contradict anything. What I am saying is although they got into GAL last year they applied for ECNL as well. All of the GAL clubs did.You made it sound like they formed GAL after they all got denied ECNL which is obviously not true. And I guarantee you that if my former club got accepted they would take ECNL in a heartbeat over GAL. So would your club and you would definitely be happy with that decision. For now your in GAL and you are trying to make the best of it. I get it.
                  It doesn't matter if you believe me or not I really don't care and it doesn't affect my daughter one bit. She is doing just fine thank you
                  You did contradict yourself. The only reason these clubs went into the GA is because they were denied the ECNL. I'm sure you also have a great relationship with your kid's coach after you left for another team. That happens all the time. If you and your daughter are so happy why do you and others feel the need to come on here and try and bring down the GA? Simple question. You were so hurt by what your former club did when you say they weren't transparent in going into the GA but you know for a fact they applied and keep applying to the ECNL because you have retained a relationship with the former coach yet you come on here and bash his or her club where they coach. Amazing what kind of friend you must be.

Comment

You did contradict yourself. The only reason these clubs went into the GA is because they were denied the ECNL. I'm sure you also have a great relationship with your kid's coach after you left for another team. That happens all the time. If you and your daughter are so happy why do you and others feel the need to come on here and try and bring down the GA? Simple question. You were so hurt by what your former club did when you say they weren't transparent in going into the GA but you know for a fact they applied and keep applying to the ECNL because you have retained a relationship with the former coach yet you come on here and bash his or her club where they coach. Amazing what kind of friend you must be.
                    OK. Twist it the way you want. Below was my first post and I am not hardly bashing GAL. Although many on here are. I am comparing what GAL to DA because DA is what we chose a few years ago. In our opinion GAL is nowhere near DA and is not on par with ECNL. If you think I am wrong (which obviously you do) than thats fine. Enjoy GAL. And Again, GAL was formed immediately after DA folded. I know our club continued to try and get ECNL and did so again this year. Maybe your club is different but I doubt it. out of all this back and fourth listen to what I said about everyone getting screwed when DA folded. You accepted GAL as a replacement. We did not

"_____Yet you're on here posting also. So what does that make you? Obviously you are a parent of a GAL kid and you feel the need to defend.
                    Heres the deal. Like many on here I am a parent of a kid who went to a club for DA. DA screwed all of us when they folded. The players and the clubs both got screwed. We were handed a line of crap about GAL from our DOC and what it was supposed to be. They are telling parents anything to keep the players. We chose to leave to go to an ECNL team because we see that GAL is no where near what DA was. I shared my experience with other parents on here. Make your own decisions. But if you think GAL is on par with ECNL you are sadly mistaken. The clubs know it too thats why they are all trying so hard to get into ECNL. And Ive got news for you, the GAL Club you are at right now has definitely applied for ECNL. They all have applied and every one of the GAL clubs would absolutely go to ECNL if they were accepted_______"

Comment

OK. Twist it the way you want. Below was my first post and I am not hardly bashing GAL. Although many on here are. I am comparing what GAL to DA because DA is what we chose a few years ago. In our opinion GAL is nowhere near DA and is not on par with ECNL. If you think I am wrong (which obviously you do) than thats fine. Enjoy GAL. And Again, GAL was formed immediately after DA folded. I know our club continued to try and get ECNL and did so again this year. Maybe your club is different but I doubt it. out of all this back and fourth listen to what I said about everyone getting screwed when DA folded. You accepted GAL as a replacement. We did not

"_____Yet you're on here posting also. So what does that make you? Obviously you are a parent of a GAL kid and you feel the need to defend.
                      Heres the deal. Like many on here I am a parent of a kid who went to a club for DA. DA screwed all of us when they folded. The players and the clubs both got screwed. We were handed a line of crap about GAL from our DOC and what it was supposed to be. They are telling parents anything to keep the players. We chose to leave to go to an ECNL team because we see that GAL is no where near what DA was. I shared my experience with other parents on here. Make your own decisions. But if you think GAL is on par with ECNL you are sadly mistaken. The clubs know it too thats why they are all trying so hard to get into ECNL. And Ive got news for you, the GAL Club you are at right now has definitely applied for ECNL. They all have applied and every one of the GAL clubs would absolutely go to ECNL if they were accepted_______"
                      Don’t lose sleep over GAL defenders. If they are happy with the top platform for girls in the country why not let them enjoy!

Comment

Don’t lose sleep over GAL defenders. If they are happy with the top platform for girls in the country why not let them enjoy!
                        Roster of 50! Enjoy!

Comment

Roster of 50! Enjoy!
                          That’s ridiculous for a GAL club, which one?

Comment

This isn't my comment that you commented on but I'm going to assume a few things...you're definitely a Match Fit Shore 09 parent who was fed a line of b.s. by your coach about the ECNL and the prospects of getting a badge and how the DA screwed you over and how the GA was so far below your teams standards that there was no way you could stay at CSA. Btw, you're team isn't in the ECNL yet and the drama that's going to occur when you unseat some of the Match Fit North 09 players is going to be epic. RT is scrambling right now, practicing at Monmouth Regional and Mercer (have to keep the PA players happy) but wait until the fall when he has to appease families from Match Fit North as well. Sorry to say, but there's only 5 field players and the goalie from the Shore team right now that are pretty much guaranteed spots for the ECNL team. Do you think those North 09 players are just going to accept ECRL relegation? Also, the poster said that any other team besides PDA Blue is on par with every GA team in the state. PDA South, PDA White and Match Fit North teams are very comparable to any SJEB, STA and CSA teams. Anyone that argues this simply isn't being honest. Of course teams applied to the ECNL when the DA collapsed. Did you expect any different? DA Teams were without a league. The process proved to be a joke because as soon as PDA South got approved it showed how much power MO and PDA have and it became obvious that no other clubs in NJ would get in. The fact that PDA North has 2 teams that play out of the same location but play in 2 different regions of the ECNL is a joke as well.
                            Obsessed Fool. You were properly called out for being wrong again. Go back to CSA you f*cking clown.

Comment

examples

You must not watch much soccer. No way GAL is on par/comparable with PDA White/Matchfit and even PDA South.

GAL are losing to EDP teams on the regular and some scores are significantly lopsided.

Comment

Roster of 50! Enjoy!
                                Thats funny, i have a relative whose daughter plays in the GA and her team has a roster of 22, so every game there's a few kids who dont dress. Just because some teams havent been able to sign enough kids yet doesnt mean they have some ideological opposition to over rostering the same way some ECNL teams do. GA teams are just as concerned for revenue as anyone.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X