Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police fail to do their jobs to protect so people

Brandon Scott Hole, 19, was identified as the alleged shooter of the FedEx warehouse in Indianapolis.

The alleged gunman's family warned authorities about his potential for violence before the mass shooting, according to CNN.
    The family warns the cops about his potential for violence and they do NOTHING until he kills many?

Were they too busy murdering / otherwise harassing POC that they couldn’t be bothered to act when warned about a crazed white gun nut mass murderer? They seized firearms from him before.

If they can’t do their jobs better than this, fire them and hire people who will.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The family warns the cops about his potential for violence and they do NOTHING until he kills many?

Were they too busy murdering / otherwise harassing POC that they couldn’t be bothered to act when warned about a crazed white gun nut mass murderer? They seized firearms from him before.

If they can’t do their jobs better than this, fire them and hire people who will.
    Talk with any family that has a member suffering from a mental illness. Once they are 18 there is very little they can do other than keep calling the cops over and over again. Getting someone into an institution is a huge challenge, getting them to stay on track and take meds after discharge even more so. There's very little the cops can do too. Depending on what crimes they've committed they can only be held or sentenced for so long. Lots of people suffer from mental illness but aren't a danger to themselves or others. Laws are hard to change, reading people's minds impossible. More mental health resources is a place to start. So are gun laws, like red flag laws. In Europe several countries require a police interview for licensure and a statement from a physician saying you're not nuts.

Comment

Forgot to add - police pay isn't the greatest and as even crusty Pat Robertson said, "we're not hiring our best and brightest". In other countries pay is much higher, it's much harder to get the job, and they get much more training than here.

Comment

Talk with any family that has a member suffering from a mental illness. Once they are 18 there is very little they can do other than keep calling the cops over and over again. Getting someone into an institution is a huge challenge, getting them to stay on track and take meds after discharge even more so. There's very little the cops can do too. Depending on what crimes they've committed they can only be held or sentenced for so long. Lots of people suffer from mental illness but aren't a danger to themselves or others. Laws are hard to change, reading people's minds impossible. More mental health resources is a place to start. So are gun laws, like red flag laws. In Europe several countries require a police interview for licensure and a statement from a physician saying you're not nuts.
        One thing they CAN do is warn the appropriate authorities if their loved one who is mentally ill is a threat to hurt others.

The family in this case did that, but as I said before the police FAILED to follow-up, despite the fact the perp had previous arrest for gun issues.

So rather than burying THAT point with tired old rhetoric, please tell us why Indianapolis police failed to take notice of these warnings and didn’t act.

Comment

Forgot to add - police pay isn't the greatest and as even crusty Pat Robertson said, "we're not hiring our best and brightest". In other countries pay is much higher, it's much harder to get the job, and they get much more training than here.
          Whose fault is that? Maybe if you cons had been calling out police unions like you did labor unions all these years it would be different

Patrolmen in Indianapolis have a salary of 57k before extras (detail work is very lucrative too....many make well over 100k.

Pretty good for non-college types.

So no, this isn’t the problem. Plenty of more qualified people would do the job for that. Just need to get rid of the police unions, fire the trash, and do better with new recruits

Comment

Whose fault is that? Maybe if you cons had been calling out police unions like you did labor unions all these years it would be different

Patrolmen in Indianapolis have a salary of 57k before extras (detail work is very lucrative too....many make well over 100k.

Pretty good for non-college types.

So no, this isn’t the problem. Plenty of more qualified people would do the job for that. Just need to get rid of the police unions, fire the trash, and do better with new recruits
            More psych testing for police recruits. Fewer ex military and gun nuts too.

Comment

More psych testing for police recruits. Fewer ex military and gun nuts too.
              ^^^^^ 💯

I was shocked to learn recently (because I was curious), if you want to serve on a police force in MA, you must pay your own way into the academy and pay for materials needed to train, including guns and ammo. Then you can try to get yourself hired into a force!

This approach obviously excludes people who can’t or don’t want to muster the cash investment up front and favors those authoritarian types who have the biggest boners to be cops.

How about our forces just recruit the best and make it tuition free?

Now I heard federal and local law enforcement was tipped off to this guy and yet this happened.

Clearly, the right wing trope about mental illness is such BS if they can’t do squat when warned this much. Maybe they were spending too much time harassing POC to do their job here.

So it’s time to do something about the guns. And by that I mean the ones used to hunt people and nothing else

Comment

^ thats nuts to have to pay for all of that, especially when many are only HS grads not making much money. Put recruits through a super intensive boot camp like process plus deep psychology examination to weed out the unsuitables, then train the rest free of charge with a small stipend until they're on staff

Comment

Police training in many other countries is much longer than here. In some cases you can be a cop in as little as 10 weeks vs 2-3 years in some countries (that also require university degrees). Training also varies tremendously from state to state, one area to the next.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/police-...united-states/

Comment

What rational person would be willing to be a police officer in today's society with armed animals running amok in the streets and a delusion woke moronic public looking to blame officers anytime they shot a suspect without giving the suspect a first free shot to try to kill the officer? I wouldn't be a police officer for $10 million a year. Of, if I did take the job, I would stand idlily by while members of the public were killed by animals on the theory that standing idlily by could only get me fired, whereas trying to save a life might send me to a life-time prison term when the piece of garbage armchair quarterbacks second guess whether I was justified in shooting an armed thug who turned on me at 2:00 in the morning.

Comment

^^^^^ 💯

I was shocked to learn recently (because I was curious), if you want to serve on a police force in MA, you must pay your own way into the academy and pay for materials needed to train, including guns and ammo. Then you can try to get yourself hired into a force!

This approach obviously excludes people who can’t or don’t want to muster the cash investment up front and favors those authoritarian types who have the biggest boners to be cops.

How about our forces just recruit the best and make it tuition free?

Now I heard federal and local law enforcement was tipped off to this guy and yet this happened.

Clearly, the right wing trope about mental illness is such BS if they can’t do squat when warned this much. Maybe they were spending too much time harassing POC to do their job here.

So it’s time to do something about the guns. And by that I mean the ones used to hunt people and nothing else
                      If we had life time prison terms for the pieces of sub-human garbage committing crimes we wouldn't have a problem. But the ass-backwards delusional piece of **** RATs push polices that just lead to more and more crime and more and more deaths. Once again proving that the RATs themselves are pieces of sub-human garbage.

Comment

If we had life time prison terms for the pieces of sub-human garbage committing crimes we wouldn't have a problem. But the ass-backwards delusional piece of **** RATs push polices that just lead to more and more crime and more and more deaths. Once again proving that the RATs themselves are pieces of sub-human garbage.
                        Cops should just stand by and let people be murdered. That will keep the cops safe, allow them to go home to their families at the end of the day, and keep them out of prison. The blood will be on he hands of the RATs., but better that than have a cop risk his life to save others and then have some scum bag Democrat try to put him in jail.

Comment

What rational person would be willing to be a police officer in today's society with armed animals running amok in the streets and a delusion woke moronic public looking to blame officers anytime they shot a suspect without giving the suspect a first free shot to try to kill the officer? I wouldn't be a police officer for $10 million a year. Of, if I did take the job, I would stand idlily by while members of the public were killed by animals on the theory that standing idlily by could only get me fired, whereas trying to save a life might send me to a life-time prison term when the piece of garbage armchair quarterbacks second guess whether I was justified in shooting an armed thug who turned on me at 2:00 in the morning.
                          We lose on average 50 cops a year to gun violence while on duty. Nearly as many die in crashes and accidents, then there's heart attacks and "other." But last year Covid killed twice as many cops as all other causes in typical years. Most had been on the job years and their experience will be missed. Many older cops are retiring and authorities are already having issues getting new recruits.

"As of Dec. 31, 2020, the 264 officers killed consisted of federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial officers in the line of duty compared to 135 officers who died in the line of duty in 2019. The Memorial Fund's report also records the deaths of officers in the category of "other" causes, which includes COVID-19 deaths, which is up 300% compared to other causes last year."

https://wset.com/news/coronavirus/ho...e-line-of-duty

Comment

Was that “triggered” diatribe your response to my suggestion about how we can recruit better candidates to the police forces?

Comment

We lose on average 50 cops a year to gun violence while on duty. Nearly as many die in crashes and accidents, then there's heart attacks and "other." But last year Covid killed twice as many cops as all other causes in typical years. Most had been on the job years and their experience will be missed. Many older cops are retiring and authorities are already having issues getting new recruits.

"As of Dec. 31, 2020, the 264 officers killed consisted of federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial officers in the line of duty compared to 135 officers who died in the line of duty in 2019. The Memorial Fund's report also records the deaths of officers in the category of "other" causes, which includes COVID-19 deaths, which is up 300% compared to other causes last year."

https://wset.com/news/coronavirus/ho...e-line-of-duty
                              And yet, policing still doesn’t rank among the ten most dangerous jobs, so let’s keep all this in perspective.

Roofers and landscapers are the real heros taking risks to maintain our way of life

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/27/the-...-bls-data.html

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X