Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Looks like NECSL already has a couple of flights at all ages, sometimes more than a couple. Plus those clubs have access to the USYS Regional League for their highest level teams.
    They don't really have teams or a schedule at most ages though.

Comment

Girls Soccer League Pyramid in Massachusetts. ( For dummies-101)
      ECNL
      GAL
      ECRL-R/DPL/EDS/Impact NPL
      NEP/NECSL
      CCL/TSL
      Local Youth Leagues

Comment

Girls Soccer League Pyramid in Massachusetts. ( For dummies-101)
        ECNL
        GAL
        ECRL-R/DPL/EDS/Impact NPL
        NEP/NECSL
        CCL/TSL
        Local Youth Leagues

Not sure you can put necsl with nep just yet. A little early for that.

Comment

u9-u12, nep owns necsl

Comment

ECNL
            ECRL
            NPL

That’s all that matters

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
              ecnl
              ecrl
              npl

that’s all that matters
              npl lol

Comment

npl lol
                ecrl ... double lol

Comment

u9-u12, nep owns necsl
                  lol-okay

Comment

lol-okay

As of now they do... Prove me wrong

Comment

As of now they do... Prove me wrong
                      Even if it does currently, EDP has a long track record of solid prorel league play. NEP? Ha! NPL? Double hah. The only thing that mattered for those two leagues was the size of the clubs and the checks they could write to become "charter" members. They were always a sham and it wasn't hard to connect the dots as to who got in and who didnt and why. Club based vs team based ..... You will see how quickly NECSL will grow and how strong their top divisions will be. Give it two years to sort itself out.

Comment

Even if it does currently, EDP has a long track record of solid prorel league play. NEP? Ha! NPL? Double hah. The only thing that mattered for those two leagues was the size of the clubs and the checks they could write to become "charter" members. They were always a sham and it wasn't hard to connect the dots as to who got in and who didnt and why. Club based vs team based ..... You will see how quickly NECSL will grow and how strong their top divisions will be. Give it two years to sort itself out.
                        Exactly! I'm from a neighboring state and the EDP teams are incredibly strong in NY and NJ. All the DA teams and recently Pipeline brought in this year to the North Atlantic ECNL came from EDP. There are very strong teams and clubs coming out of EDP. EDP is here to stay in MA and they will succeed.

Comment

Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Exactly! I'm from a neighboring state and the EDP teams are incredibly strong in NY and NJ. All the DA teams and recently Pipeline brought in this year to the North Atlantic ECNL came from EDP. There are very strong teams and clubs coming out of EDP. EDP is here to stay in MA and they will succeed.

Well, 2 years is a long time in the soccer world. Hopefully you get what your waiting for in "2 years". Presently, there are a handful of teams (not clubs) in NECSL that compare to the MANY top teams in NEP. NEP is presently stronger as I stated. If that changes down the road, we will adjust. My point was presently... Didn't know you 2 had crystal balls for 2 years later. Exactly!

Comment

It's interesting to lurk around this site and figure out who's who. My guess is that, for the most part, posts that promote ideas that would genuinely help the game of soccer and make things better overall for the kids playing are from parents of players. Posts that focus mainly on bashing leagues, town teams, small clubs, are people who derive their income in some way from the larger clubs in the area.

The old adage of "follow the money" has never been more true. There are some good small programs out there run by people who love soccer and usually have a "day job" in addition to running their club. I'd rather see a system that allows those people to thrive over what we have now.

For the record, I am the parent of a U14 that plays on a middling level team at a large club.

Comment

It's interesting to lurk around this site and figure out who's who. My guess is that, for the most part, posts that promote ideas that would genuinely help the game of soccer and make things better overall for the kids playing are from parents of players. Posts that focus mainly on bashing leagues, town teams, small clubs, are people who derive their income in some way from the larger clubs in the area.

The old adage of "follow the money" has never been more true. There are some good small programs out there run by people who love soccer and usually have a "day job" in addition to running their club. I'd rather see a system that allows those people to thrive over what we have now.

For the record, I am the parent of a U14 that plays on a middling level team at a large club.
                              Then by all means, leave your big club for a small one. Small clubs have been around as long as big ones and it’s different strokes for different folks. But believe me, it’s not a parent who starts this thread. It’s someone who works for this brand new league or a member club. Follow the money.

Comment

Both leagues have the same levels of teams. In fact most of the teams in NECSL were very recently in NEP. They didn't leave because of the levels of completion. It was a matter of business and political logistics. When teams at similar levels(tiers) in each league play each other, the matches are usually competitive. If they are blow outs, then teams are usually playing at the wrong tier. On the other hand, leagues arent the end all be all. There have been many instances in tournaments, where even town teams have blown out NEP and NECSL teams, etcetcetc.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X