Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thank you - that has to be the funniest thing I've read today. I've known Lindsay since she started at XF, and thus far she's been reaping the benefits of other coaches' hard work. That 07 team has been together as a unit with a single coach for 5 years preceding Lindsay's entry - that's what built the team.

Not knocking her - XF hasn't necessarily done a great job developing her as a coach who can then develop young players, but be careful correlating how a team plays with a current coach without knowing the background.
    This is about the time when XF start recruiting players to the team from outside clubs
    to create the winning team. XF is the best at collecting good players, creating a competitive
    cauldron, and weeding out them out. Not saying it is bad or good, but they do get results.

If your dd can survive the overall meanness of XF, then it can be good. If college ball is
    your goal, XF can be a good place if your dd is a top player, but I can say that with almost
    any club. Team is important, but your dd will be alone when she goes in front of the coaches
    at the id camps. She will be exposed as a good individual player who can fit into their system or a player who was on a good team. Big difference.

Look at the older age groups, most of those of girls are not original players when they were ulittles.

Comment

This is about the time when XF start recruiting players to the team from outside clubs
      to create the winning team. XF is the best at collecting good players, creating a competitive
      cauldron, and weeding out them out. Not saying it is bad or good, but they do get results.

If your dd can survive the overall meanness of XF, then it can be good. If college ball is
      your goal, XF can be a good place if your dd is a top player, but I can say that with almost
      any club. Team is important, but your dd will be alone when she goes in front of the coaches
      at the id camps. She will be exposed as a good individual player who can fit into their system or a player who was on a good team. Big difference.

Look at the older age groups, most of those of girls are not original players when they were ulittles.
      As long as the upper ECNL teams are Free, they will always attract the good ones and remain on top of the heap. Cant fault any kids that want to take the free ride.....and also play with great players.

Comment

As long as the upper ECNL teams are Free, they will always attract the good ones and remain on top of the heap. Cant fault any kids that want to take the free ride.....and also play with great players.
        Well, I thought XF had the two year rule of being at XF before you could partake in the
        free in the older ages.

Nothing is free, friend. The competitive cauldron style is brutal, but effective. If your dd
        can handle Billy and Justi then things can be good. Oh the really competitive girls and parents also. Pay particular attention to who is the team manager and special girls, like a coach's daughter or big donor to the auction.

I recall hearing that the 05 had 27 girls in the beginning. Now, they have 14-15 remaining.
        Again, I do not fault XF and I would hope that the parents going in realized what will happen if your dd falls behind. Good luck.

Comment

XF ECNL isn't totally free, just the travel is covered which is probably about 75%. Still pay club fees and uniforms etc.

I see the XF 2021 coaching list is out, any of the other clubs release theirs yet?

Comment

Well, I thought XF had the two year rule of being at XF before you could partake in the
            free in the older ages.

Nothing is free, friend. The competitive cauldron style is brutal, but effective. If your dd
            can handle Billy and Justi then things can be good. Oh the really competitive girls and parents also. Pay particular attention to who is the team manager and special girls, like a coach's daughter or big donor to the auction.

I recall hearing that the 05 had 27 girls in the beginning. Now, they have 14-15 remaining.
            Again, I do not fault XF and I would hope that the parents going in realized what will happen if your dd falls behind. Good luck.
            Oh no, competitive, when they go to college it won't be. It will all be nice and everyone will love each other.
            Crossfire is competitive because they win and send boys and girls to college. Have a look at the standings. On the boys side XF is winning every ECNL group and the girls most (teams haven't played every team yet). On the boys side the 2nd team is no worse than the middle of the pack. Frankly, no other club is even in the conversation in the NW, it's not close. If you want to play with the best players, travel to the nations best tournaments, compete and play in college it is without a doubt the club to play for.

*The top teams are paid, there are not club fee's.

Comment

XF ECNL isn't totally free, just the travel is covered which is probably about 75%. Still pay club fees and uniforms etc.

I see the XF 2021 coaching list is out, any of the other clubs release theirs yet?
              Sounds is out!

Comment

Oh no, competitive, when they go to college it won't be. It will all be nice and everyone will love each other.
                Crossfire is competitive because they win and send boys and girls to college. Have a look at the standings. On the boys side XF is winning every ECNL group and the girls most (teams haven't played every team yet). On the boys side the 2nd team is no worse than the middle of the pack. Frankly, no other club is even in the conversation in the NW, it's not close. If you want to play with the best players, travel to the nations best tournaments, compete and play in college it is without a doubt the club to play for.

*The top teams are paid, there are not club fee's.
                If a player is on 1st team in any ECNL club then they'll all likely be going to the same tournaments. If your interest is college, look at commits from each (and don't forget grades)

Comment

If a player is on 1st team in any ECNL club then they'll all likely be going to the same tournaments. If your interest is college, look at commits from each (and don't forget grades)
                  Yes, you will go to the same ECNL events. XF goes to Surf, Man City, Dallas Cup, Europe etc etc.

Comment

If your child is good enough to play in Europe, they'll be invited regardless of club affiliation and at the inviting club's expense (how things work outside of pay-to-play US). Surf isn't what it used to be, but if you like vacationing in SoCal then Oceanside/San Diego isn't a bad area to be in.

Comment

If I was listing the 08 coaches I would rank Scott Ford at WPFC as the top 08 coach followed by Xinho Prestes as #2.

Can't deny the XF 08 team success on the field as Lindsay has done a great job of recruiting the best players at the age group.

In addition, Lindsay gave up the 07s after the summer tournaments 2 years ago. Justi has totally redone that team and is responsible for their victory over the 06s,
                      Interested in this comment about Scott Ford. Other feedback on him as a coach? We’ve heard good things and are looking at WPFC where he is the age group coach.

Comment

For the longest time, only PacNW and Eagleclaw have (to me) had a defined style that the whole club snapped to.

For Pac it made the youngers tough to watch for some parents because the style was very mechanical, and predictable for other teams. However, as the girls develop and the style becomes more fluid it's much more interesting and effective, and seems to translate to college commits.

Eagleclaw has a great system, but the challenge is they're in the middle of the lions' den. As pointed out elsewhere, once kids hit 13/14 they have to go elsewhere. Tougher still for the girls as Eagleclaw appears very male-forward, though that appearance may create a self-fulfilling scenario. Regardless, the kids that come out of that system can play a great game.

XF and SU are up to the coaches - they've toyed with creating a common style but that never seem to become a common practice.

Comment

Cheating....let’s clarify

Crossfire is your best bet in the Seattle area. You'll want him to try out for ECNL, as he's old enough for next season, which is a separate date from RCL league tryouts.

PacNW has been kicked off the RCL board for 3 years for cheating and isn't allowed to club pass kids this year, also due to cheating. Certainly not a ringing endorsement.

PAC made an error by opening registration early. This was wrong. They did not cheat on the field. It was viewed as anti competitive and rightfully so. Their director stepped down and the faces the consequences.
                          They did not cheat in any form on the field.

Comment

Curious to what the OP decided to do with their son as ECNL tryouts were yesterday and ther was so much unbiased advice given. Best of luck regardless.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X