Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW academy-Higher Level LLC

Thoughts.... or is this just another $$$ maker?

What do you think? What league are they going to play in?

Comment

Of what I can gather they are now part of the Ocean State and NK youth soccer merger. So I guess it will be Rec soccer with their expert training.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Thoughts.... or is this just another $$$ maker?
        Higher Level has been around for awhile.. They offer supplemental training (sport specific or agility training). Some leagues "hire" them to work with their players and build it into the fees. Or you can go to them as an individual or team and pay for training.

All 3 of mine have done HL and two liked it and 1 hated it.

Comment

Higher Level has been around for awhile.. They offer supplemental training (sport specific or agility training). Some leagues "hire" them to work with their players and build it into the fees. Or you can go to them as an individual or team and pay for training.

But now they are starting a couple of academy teams, that will play in a league. Thr question is what league?

Comment

Wait some leagues hire them what leagues hire them

Comment

I think they meant teams hire them.

Comment

Decent training but......

$$$

Comment

Just what we need in our little state. Another $$$ making club. Smh
                  Stick to athletic training.
                  No more watered down clubs/teams

Comment

Covud

Just what we need in our little state. Another $$$ making club. Smh
                    Stick to athletic training.
                    No more watered down clubs/teams
                    South County partners with HL wonder if they will continue for fear that HL will take their players

Comment

Web site says "selecting 16 players across two age groups". and it says "Fall. Play for your High/Middle School Team." So, sounds like older age groups only. That's like 4-6 teams. Not making a ton of money there. tons of training listed though. wonder what that'll cost? https://higherlevelri.com/selectsocceracademy/

Comment

Web site says "selecting 16 players across two age groups". and it says "Fall. Play for your High/Middle School Team." So, sounds like older age groups only. That's like 4-6 teams. Not making a ton of money there. tons of training listed though. wonder what that'll cost? https://higherlevelri.com/selectsocceracademy/
                        $$$$ The greed in youth sports continues

Comment

$$$$ The greed in youth sports continues
                          Good training. My son enjoyed the athletic training and did well because he was a good player at a good club. . I do not feel they make changes in players that will push them over the top. I think parents get hopeful that their player will have some kind of “edge”.
                          $$$$$ CHa ching

Comment

Curious if anyone participated in their spring programs. Any feedback? They seem to offer some advanced speed and conditioning training.

Thanks.

Comment

Good training. My son enjoyed the athletic training and did well because he was a good player at a good club. . I do not feel they make changes in players that will push them over the top. I think parents get hopeful that their player will have some kind of “edge”.
                              $$$$$ CHa ching
                              My kids did in the past; the individual sessions/year round plan can get $$. The summer program (assuming you are around all 6 weeks at least on the 2 days a week) ends up being under $20/hr, which isn't bad for the training you get.

However, it's like most training- if you show up 2 days for 2 hours a week and do nothing else, it's not worth it. If your child takes the points and works on the other 3-4 days (depending on your philosophy of rest days) it's not bad, especially if you are in the SC area.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X