Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    NEFC is 1st in every single age group but 04. There is NO comparison.
    From someone who plays them both, we seem to be better able to compete w/ NEFC than SSS. Both are good across all the age groups and if you look at their head-to-head, the games are always competitive.

Comment

NEFC is 1st in every single age group but 04. There is NO comparison.
      Select strives to be what NEFC already is.

Comment

Select strives to be what NEFC already is.
        ugh as an NEFC parent it becomes annoying when SSS compares themselves to NEFC. NEFC has had 5x the success SSS has ever had. Other than playing in the same GA league that's it. Look at the head to head results over the past 10 years and you will clearly see that SSS is not even close to NEFC. Wish this thread would read why is NEFC better than SSS.

Comment

Who cares really.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
            who cares really.
            nefc does!

Comment

NEFC used to be a national club. Simple. Now they are just average and competes against sss and oakwood toe-to-toe.

Comment

ugh as an NEFC parent it becomes annoying when SSS compares themselves to NEFC. NEFC has had 5x the success SSS has ever had. Other than playing in the same GA league that's it. Look at the head to head results over the past 10 years and you will clearly see that SSS is not even close to NEFC. Wish this thread would read why is NEFC better than SSS.
                Really, let's take a look at the results this year (they play again on Sunday):

08: SSS 4-1; NEFC 2-1
                07: NEFC 2-1; tied 2-2
                06: SSS 1-0
                05: NEFC 3-2
                04: SSS 1-0
                03: NEFC 5-0

I see NEFC with a 4-3-1 record against SSS. About as equal as you can be.

We need to stop perpetuating the myth that NEFC is light years above everyone else in GA. Yes, in most age groups, they are in first place. SSS is top 3 in all as well and as proven above, the games are close.

Comment

We need to stop perpetuating the myth that NEFC is light years above everyone else in GA. Yes, in most age groups, they are in first place. SSS is top 3 in all as well and as proven above, the games are close.
                  The fact that uou didn’t post all the scores accurately shows you know you’re full of ****.

Comment

The fact that uou didn’t post all the scores accurately shows you know you’re full of ****.

Just checked, they look accurate to me.

What do you know to be false?

Comment

Just checked, they look accurate to me.

What do you know to be false?
                      it's all about the scrimmages, man. i bet there's some scores from scrimmages that aren't posted. nefc dominates scrimmages.

Comment

SSS cheerleader - How about going back the last 5 years? Covid year-a year unlike any other-I'm not wasting my time, but I bet NEFC has a 85% win record against the cheaters, I mean, SSS in the top division not to mention probably like a 90% win rate in lower divisions. Trust me, SSS cheerleader, NEFC does not look at SSS as a worthy equal.

Comment

SSS cheerleader - How about going back the last 5 years? Covid year-a year unlike any other-I'm not wasting my time, but I bet NEFC has a 85% win record against the cheaters, I mean, SSS in the top division not to mention probably like a 90% win rate in lower divisions. Trust me, SSS cheerleader, NEFC does not look at SSS as a worthy equal.
                          Well, a few points:

1) I have no association with SSS, but do enjoy calling people out when they make up lies about other clubs. Whether those clubs happen to be NEFC, SSS, Stars, GPS, or whomever is the target of the day.

2) Since I have no association with SSS, nor NEFC, I have zero desire to go back five years to prove your assumptions correct, nor incorrect. I care that little about the subject. You, however, seem to. So, be my guest. You want it, so you "waste your time"; I won't waste mine.

3) Personally, with my daughter's team, they have always hard a harder time w/ SSS than NEFC. That's not to say they beat NEFC often, but in the years she has played them and their highest level teams, I think it's a close record. At or about .500. SSS seems to have their number since they've only got a result once or twice. Overall, that means nothing. But if you ask every kid on that team "who is better SSS v. NEFC"; every kid would say SSS without hesitation. Personally, I think it's just a matchup issue (their strengths align with our weaknesses).

4) Back on the "go back 5 years" mention - since their top leagues were in separate leagues for much of that time, it's a non-starter to look at those results. But, as mentioned, be my guest if it means that much to you.

As I mentioned in the post, it's time to stop perpetuating the mistaken commentary that "NEFC is the only quality team in GA". The results show they are good, very good, and play competitive matches with ALL the New England-based teams. They have our respect as a competitor.

I enjoyed your rant, though, NEFC-Cheeleader. It was a good one!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X