Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    more like NEFC is Star Market - a once strong regional brand, that is now just Stop $ Shop
    South Shore Select is the neighborhood deli that the locals love, but who really drives out of their way for chicken parm?
    I could totally see NEFC going into ECNL (R) for a few years. That way they aren't really in competition with Stars for the top kids. ECNL (R) is a solid upper tier league and finally NEFC can get into a stable national league and save a little face and not take the backwards route of playing just NPL like select is. After say 4/5 years, ECNL can evaluate NEFC and decide if they want to move them back into ECNL's top national division.

p.s. as far as your chicken parm reference "who really drives out of their way for a $30 chicken parm" would be more accurate, but otherwise great your point.

Comment

I'd fly to Italy for chicken parm.
      You know a bunch of places sell it around here right?

Comment

maria's in braintree, prefer the veal myself

Comment

maria's in braintree, prefer the veal myself
          Meat is murder!

Comment

It's quite frankly embarrassing for NEFC to be compared directly to select. NEFC should rightly be compared with Stars. Comparing NEFC with Select is like comparing a star European player to an mls player. NEFC and select are like comparing an apple to an orange. There is no comparison. NEFC has higher aspirations than being brought down 2 levels to be compared to a small regional club.
            Boy just dont tell SSS parents this or they will go absolutely batsh*t crazy!!!

Comment

SSS and NEFC are exactly the same club I don’t think it’s an insult it is what it is. Two solid mid level clubs, high priced, mid level competition. Very good but no Stars.
              It’s not an insult just being honest. Both clubs also have some good coaches and players but still mid level.

Comment

SSS and NEFC are exactly the same club I don’t think it’s an insult it is what it is. Two solid mid level clubs, high priced, mid level competition. Very good but no Stars.
                It’s not an insult just being honest. Both clubs also have some good coaches and players but still mid level.
                I think this is a fair assessment. Nefc seems to be even dropping back to solid midlevel, with the loss and maybe more loss of regions, affiliating with real small clubs, loosing Da. Things always change.

Comment

Must be tryout time. Time to slag clubs off.

Comment

Must be tryout time. Time to slag clubs off.
                    Have had kids at NEFC. Now have one at Stars. Am reasonably familiar with most of the top clubs over the years. Have friends with kids at all of them. The verdict...

It's all the same. Some good coaches, some bad coaches. Lots of quality kids at the top levels etc. With one exception - ECNL. I'm not an ECNL fanboy but with the demise of DA it's clearly the top league for girls. So...if you have a daughter AND if she has aspirations to play in college AND if she's capable of playing at the ECNL level (right now ECNL-R doesn't count) then Stars or Scorps are probably the best choices. For anyone else (meaning the vast majority) find a coach you like and go there or, if you don't want to put in the effort to find the right coach, just pick the one closest to you. It'll save you a lot of time in the car...

P.S. Let your kids buy all the club merch you can afford but don't buy any for yourself and whatever you do don't buy a club bumper sticker for your car.

Comment

Have had kids at NEFC. Now have one at Stars. Am reasonably familiar with most of the top clubs over the years. Have friends with kids at all of them. The verdict...

It's all the same. Some good coaches, some bad coaches. Lots of quality kids at the top levels etc. With one exception - ECNL. I'm not an ECNL fanboy but with the demise of DA it's clearly the top league for girls. So...if you have a daughter AND if she has aspirations to play in college AND if she's capable of playing at the ECNL level (right now ECNL-R doesn't count) then Stars or Scorps are probably the best choices. For anyone else (meaning the vast majority) find a coach you like and go there or, if you don't want to put in the effort to find the right coach, just pick the one closest to you. It'll save you a lot of time in the car...

P.S. Let your kids buy all the club merch you can afford but don't buy any for yourself and whatever you do don't buy a club bumper sticker for your car.
                      Flying in From the Top Rope. Most sane advice on TS in years, especially the parents in logo wear part

Comment

Stars dad putting in some extra time today.

Comment

I think he gets $1 off tuition for every post he makes. After it reaches $0, he builds a credit for next year.

Comment

Not really. 5 years ago NEFC and Stars were undisputed top clubs for HS girls. Yes Scorps, Select, and even GPS would make The List for middle school age-groups interesting.
                            Then the debacle that was The Breakers hurt both brands. Remember when Scorps was BBA, then NEFC signed the alliance and got into ECNL for a season (through a friend). Then DA fails... Turmoil at Scorpions and League uncertainty as NEFC have hurt both clubs. Arguing otherwise is to deny reality

Comment

Not really. 5 years ago NEFC and Stars were undisputed top clubs for HS girls. Yes Scorps, Select, and even GPS would make The List for middle school age-groups interesting.
                              Then the debacle that was The Breakers hurt both brands. Remember when Scorps was BBA, then NEFC signed the alliance and got into ECNL for a season (through a friend). Then DA fails... Turmoil at Scorpions and League uncertainty as NEFC have hurt both clubs. Arguing otherwise is to deny reality
                              Looks like another $1 in the coffers.

Comment

Yes this. It seems the current families don’t get the history and why things are the way they are today. I like NEFC but it’s not the club it once was and to say they are superior to Select is silly they are the same. You can join either and have a similar experience so go with whichever is closer or the team your kid is a better fit. I think coaches who leave NEFC and go to Select is a lateral move but maybe a needed move based on relationships.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X