X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A 2010 team in the fall as well.

Comment

My son went last night, talented kids trying out.

Comment

My son went to 07 tryout, coach said total is $1500.00 for the entire year (all in) . They have a sponsor. I asked the current group of parents and they confirmed it.

Comment

Yes, my son just signed with 07 team.

Comment

2010 Team has a few players from MO, Team Will be strong!

Comment

Met Oval is not that good anymore. They are living off a reputation from years past when they were one of the few shows in town, kinda like ODP. They were good once but nowhere close to what it use to be. Same for Gottschee, let’s not forget, non-MLS teams were the reason why DA fell apart.

NYCFC was the worst thing that ever happen to these two clubs. They are not a destination anymore, just an exit in the highway. Turnover is high.

Comment

U13 and U14 BWG both won MLS NE. BWG East 07s second place by a point in EDP 1 NA .

Comment

You can sing the praises of MLS Next all you want but let's be real for a second. The league is not that good on paper. There are some bad teams in there and that's one of the main reasons why they dismantled DA, to begin with.

Nobody knows what MLS has in mind for this league. This past year was just a band-aid until they get the pandemic behind them. I doubt they broke up the DA just to reincarnate under a different brand. Yesterday, MLS announced they are creating a secondary pro league that will also have a pathway to the pros. Good, bad, or indifferent, a new academy league only dilutes the talent. Can our area produce enough talented players to support three MLS Next teams, four USL academy teams, the five or so top division private clubs, and now this new league?

I don't have that answer but you know what I'm pretty sure about. In two years things will be dramatically different, and the same, two years after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                    You can sing the praises of MLS Next all you want but let's be real for a second. The league is not that good on paper. There are some bad teams in there and that's one of the main reasons why they dismantled DA, to begin with.

Nobody knows what MLS has in mind for this league. This past year was just a band-aid until they get the pandemic behind them. I doubt they broke up the DA just to reincarnate under a different brand. Yesterday, MLS announced they are creating a secondary pro league that will also have a pathway to the pros. Good, bad, or indifferent, a new academy league only dilutes the talent. Can our area produce enough talented players to support three MLS Next teams, four USL academy teams, the five or so top division private clubs, and now this new league?

I don't have that answer but you know what I'm pretty sure about. In two years things will be dramatically different, and the same, two years after that.
                    MLS just figured out how to monetize youth soccer, they will keep adding Clubs and tiers. They will let the top teams carve out the divisions they want to be in, and cash checks from the rest.

Comment

It’s funny that you mentioned MLS and money. MLS dressed up the demise of the DA as a result of unequal game play between teams but that was just an excuse. MLS clubs did not want to pay US Soccer to play in their academy league. They didn’t want to subsidize their academies AND pay league fees. Their answer was to create MLS Next and have the 75 non-MLS teams pay MLS instead.

They created the ultimate pay to play. Their top teams are subsidized by B, C, and D teams in the league.

Comment

Does BWG East have a team in each age group ?

Comment

Only 2010 and 2007.
                          Coach said will have new team each year . 2012s next year.

Comment

Is the 07 team good?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                              Only 2010 and 2007.
                              Coach said will have new team each year . 2012s next year.
                              They plan to add a 2021 team in 2023 so they can corner the market on 2-year-old soccer on LI.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X