Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So let’s say 400,000 as your pool. Divide equally by decade of life over 80 years. Leaves you will about 50,000 in the 20-30 age group. Another 25,000 to include 15-20. You don’t think there would be 25 athletes in the group? Google ‘Connecticut trans track athlete’. Situation already exists. Now with new rule, it will expand.

Regardless of eventual total count, why allow this? Sports is divided by biology for a reason, that reason does not change if one of the participants identifies psychologically different than their biology. Saying it’s not an issue is a way of not dealing with the issue because you don’t want to offend anyone.
    Double those numbers. Didn’t realize the 825,000 was already a half of the total population

Comment

At some point, a male will be willing to try and game the system for a scholarship to college. The 2021 version of soul man.
      Think about it. A boy who is ecnl / npl level player will not get a scholarship to play mens soccer. But I would bet the farm they would easily be good enough to secure a women’s scholarship.

Comment

There are 1000 boys in any age group that could make the best girls ECNL team in the state.

In a group of 1000 boys... statistically maybe 3 would identify as trans and the chances of any of them wanting to play soccer is smaller still and the chance that any of those would be any good is smaller still. You are all worried about nothing. Find something better to do.

Comment

It's a terrible idea and some girls are going to get seriously injured, or worse, by this decision.

It's simply unfair when looking at things like track and field. It's outright dangerous in contact sports like soccer.

Comment

It's a terrible idea and some girls are going to get seriously injured, or worse, by this decision.

It's simply unfair when looking at things like track and field. It's outright dangerous in contact sports like soccer.
            Really? The boys that play soccer in our district are already outweighed by a number of the girls. Relax.

Comment

In a group of 1000 boys... statistically maybe 3 would identify as trans and the chances of any of them wanting to play soccer is smaller still and the chance that any of those would be any good is smaller still. You are all worried about nothing. Find something better to do.
              Regardless of count, why is it ok to allow biological males to play v biological females?

Comment

Sounds like a lot of male responses so far. I’m interested to hear from some of the former athlete moms out there.

Comment

It's already happened in NCAA Track.
                  https://www.outsports.com/2019/6/3/1...s-testosterone

Comment

Regardless of count, why is it ok to allow biological males to play v biological females?
                    I really dont see much on an issue. the transgender population is tiny and the part of that tiny population that actually would want to play HS sports is very very tiny. It is not possible to have any where close to enough players for a separate league.

I have come across only one transgender player in many many years of youth sports and the spirit was there but the talent was god awful. I just don't see this as being a big problem. At all.

Comment

I really dont see much on an issue. the transgender population is tiny and the part of that tiny population that actually would want to play HS sports is very very tiny. It is not possible to have any where close to enough players for a separate league.

I have come across only one transgender player in many many years of youth sports and the spirit was there but the talent was god awful. I just don't see this as being a big problem. At all.
                      See above link about CT track. It’s already happening.

Comment

Shouldn’t be allowed to happen.

Comment

National champion: https://www.outsports.com/2019/6/3/1...s-testosterone

Comment

Shouldn’t be allowed to happen.
                            My question is where do you draw the line?

A biological male gets to be on the 15 year old girls soccer team at school?
                            What about sharing the locker room?
                            Bathroom?
                            Showers?

If you say no, aren’t you treating that kid differently?

And how about the girl whose spot got taken if there is a roster limit? What about her?

Comment

Where is this a problem in soccer? In all my years, one transgender player. No one cared.

Comment

A boy is a boy ,no amount of hormone can change that.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X