Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transgender in Girls Sports

Im looking for a rationale as to why biological males would be allowed in female sports.

Don't paint me as insensitive. I fully support equal rights for all, but this seems different to me.

Male v Female sports is all about biology. How does making biological males play male sports discriminate, and how does making females compete against biological males not diminish the fight for equality that girls and women have been waging for decades?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Im looking for a rationale as to why biological males would be allowed in female sports.

Don't paint me as insensitive. I fully support equal rights for all, but this seems different to me.

Male v Female sports is all about biology. How does making biological males play male sports discriminate, and how does making females compete against biological males not diminish the fight for equality that girls and women have been waging for decades?
    ??????? That is my answer.

I guess it makes liberals feel better saying it's ok...until... a boy takes their daughter's position on a team.

Comment

Let’s project this out. Occurrences are rare now, but Trans biological boys born today grow up being able to play in female leagues all their lives. 20 years from now, the top 20-25 female soccer players who comprise the USWNT are all biological males. This is not far fetched, we have all seen the story of the U15 boys v the USWNT. All it would take is 20-25 biological males over the next two decades to displace all biological females on the team. Is that what we want as a society?

Comment

Let’s project this out. Occurrences are rare now, but Trans biological boys born today grow up being able to play in female leagues all their lives. 20 years from now, the top 20-25 female soccer players who comprise the USWNT are all biological males. This is not far fetched, we have all seen the story of the U15 boys v the USWNT. All it would take is 20-25 biological males over the next two decades to displace all biological females on the team. Is that what we want as a society?
        We. Would. DOMINATE!

(Of course, no other country would agree to play us.)(And I'm pretty sure Olympic competition would be off the table, even if others WOULD play us.)

Comment

Because we are now mentally ill as an entire society.

Huffpost article about Serena Williams playing Andy Murray:
          In 2013, Williams was even forced to address how she would fare against men during a visit to the “Late Show” with David Letterman. Prior to the interview, Andy Murray had suggested they play an exhibition match, à la Jimmy Connors and Martina Navratilova.

When asked about it on television, Williams had to admit she didn’t think she’d have a chance. “If I were to play Andy Murray, I would lose 6-0, 6-0 in five to six minutes, maybe 10 minutes,”

Comment

So far fetched. It is not like transgender people have not been around for a thousand years. It is not new. You are whining about nothing. A few girls switch to boys and play on boys teams and vice versa.

So what. Does not even mean they are any good or would even make a team. If simply being male meant you were a competitive athlete...we would have a lot more competitive athletes. You have to have talent, drive, brains, etc. Stop carrying on about nada.

Comment

So far fetched. It is not like transgender people have not been around for a thousand years. It is not new. You are whining about nothing. A few girls switch to boys and play on boys teams and vice versa.

So what. Does not even mean they are any good or would even make a team. If simply being male meant you were a competitive athlete...we would have a lot more competitive athletes. You have to have talent, drive, brains, etc. Stop carrying on about nada.
              There are 1000 boys in any age group that could make the best girls ECNL team in the state.

Comment

To play devil’s advocate, couldn’t you flip your argument?

Comment

U15 Boys FC Dallas 5- USWNT 2 is as far as you need to look.

Comment

In 5 years on ts this is the best and funniest post on ts ever. hahaha too funny cheering for the women's national team when it is all men. Can you imagine all the yelling from those liberals who support this now. It's NOT fair It's NOT fair.

This post almost changes my opinion of opposing this only because it is going to be a sh*tshow in a few years when the 1st male trys out.

Comment

They have been around but not allowed to play women’s sports. As of yesterday it is a federal mandate to allow them to do so. This is absolutely ‘new’, to use your own words.

And not simply being male, but an athletic trans male will be more athletic than their female opponent. After some time there will aggregate enough trans to displace the women. It is inevitable.

Comment

In 5 years on ts this is the best and funniest post on ts ever. hahaha too funny cheering for the women's national team when it is all men. Can you imagine all the yelling from those liberals who support this now. It's NOT fair It's NOT fair.

This post almost changes my opinion of opposing this only because it is going to be a sh*tshow in a few years when the 1st male trys out.
                        In 10 years starting lineup for the US National WOMEN’S Team:

Mike
                        Scott
                        Jay
                        Peter
                        Jose
                        Josh
                        John
                        Jeff
                        Jack
                        Mark
                        And in goal Marcus

Democrats have opened up a can of worms

Comment

They have been around but not allowed to play women’s sports. As of yesterday it is a federal mandate to allow them to do so. This is absolutely ‘new’, to use your own words.

And not simply being male, but an athletic trans male will be more athletic than their female opponent. After some time there will aggregate enough trans to displace the women. It is inevitable.
                          And actually they haven't really been "around" in any kind of significant numbers. The notion of having a meaningful population of trans people is very new.

Comment

- No one is switching genders for a sports advantage. It's a complex decision driven by many factors but you're high if you think someone would go through all of that for sports
                            - I've met many a transgender male-to-female through my line of work and they would make horrible athletes no matter the gender. They're far from being Gronkowski in a dress.
                            - International competitions like FIFA or the Olympics have their own rules regarding this issue, so this only impacts internal US competition
                            - Transgender people make up about .5% of the US population. So let's say 1/2 are male-to-female = 825,000 people, shrink that even more because fewer will be of youth-athletics or even college aged...and again a fraction who are athletes. This is not an issue.

Comment

- No one is switching genders for a sports advantage. It's a complex decision driven by many factors but you're high if you think someone would go through all of that for sports
                              - I've met many a transgender male-to-female through my line of work and they would make horrible athletes no matter the gender. They're far from being Gronkowski in a dress.
                              - International competitions like FIFA or the Olympics have their own rules regarding this issue, so this only impacts internal US competition
                              - Transgender people make up about .5% of the US population. So let's say 1/2 are male-to-female = 825,000 people, shrink that even more because fewer will be of youth-athletics or even college aged...and again a fraction who are athletes. This is not an issue.
                              So let’s say 400,000 as your pool. Divide equally by decade of life over 80 years. Leaves you will about 50,000 in the 20-30 age group. Another 25,000 to include 15-20. You don’t think there would be 25 athletes in the group? Google ‘Connecticut trans track athlete’. Situation already exists. Now with new rule, it will expand.

Regardless of eventual total count, why allow this? Sports is divided by biology for a reason, that reason does not change if one of the participants identifies psychologically different than their biology. Saying it’s not an issue is a way of not dealing with the issue because you don’t want to offend anyone.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X