Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2022 Boys Soccer Verbal Commitments

Happy Hunger Games and may the odds be ever in your favor.

Christian Bejar, Seacoast, Boston College

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Dad waited a bit before replying to the thread he started.

Comment

Dad waited a bit before replying to the thread he started.
        Your jealousy is cringe worthy

Comment

Your jealousy is cringe worthy
          Not at all. I have a girl.

Comment

Not at all. I have a girl.
            That explains a lot.

Comment

Had he posted the other commits with his kid no one would have known

Comment

That explains a lot.
                Yeah. The top girls teams in MA will have almost entire rosters committed.

Comment

Yeah. The top girls teams in MA will have almost entire rosters committed.
                  Any boy who commits junior year is a fool. They cannot de-commit without losing eligibility - but the college/university can choose not to move forward.

Comment

Any boy who commits junior year is a fool. They cannot de-commit without losing eligibility - but the college/university can choose not to move forward.
                    What are you even talking about? A commitment at this point is all verbal, neither side is obligated to keep the agreement. Technically a player can still shop for other options after committing, although few do because it will piss coaches off. Given most rosters will be smaller for awhile (due to players who deferred this year) committing now is not only a good idea, but it's a normal timelines for most top half soccer programs and players. The rest fill in later in the spring and summer, stragglers in the fall.

Yes a coach can walk away as well but many do not. There's no legal obligation until you sign your NLI November senior year. Players should never burn bridges just in case something goes wrong. But if a school gives you a solid offer and you want that school, go right ahead.

Comment

Interesting. I’m actually telling my guys to commit as soon as they can. With this much uncertainty, I’m telling them that if they have an offer from a place they like, they should lock it in. I’m curious what your background is and your experience. Why on Earth would a 2022 be a fool for committing to a place he wants to go to?

Comment

Had he posted the other commits with his kid no one would have known
                        There are no other Massachusetts commits for 2022.

Comment

There are no other Massachusetts commits for 2022.
                          You know that how? There probably aren't many more because of timing and Covid, but just because there isn't public info doesn't mean it isn't happening. Lists are never fully accurate

Comment

Interesting. I’m actually telling my guys to commit as soon as they can. With this much uncertainty, I’m telling them that if they have an offer from a place they like, they should lock it in. I’m curious what your background is and your experience. Why on Earth would a 2022 be a fool for committing to a place he wants to go to?
                            That guy is a fool. If it's a good fit academically and soccer wise you take it. If it isn't then you keep looking. However the longer you wait the more your options shrink. So does the money, which isn't exactly abundant on the men's side to begin with

Comment

You know that how? There probably aren't many more because of timing and Covid, but just because there isn't public info doesn't mean it isn't happening. Lists are never fully accurate
                              It’s a very small world when it comes to commitments. Players talk to players. Word travels very quickly. Social media gets the word out fast. Feel free to add all the commitments you’re aware of.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X