Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    In the modern game center backs absolutely need to have foot skills and to dribble out of pressure.
    ML does not teach the modern game

Comment

In the modern game center backs absolutely need to have foot skills and to dribble out of pressure.
      You would instruct your center backs to dribble out if pressure every time? Do you coach at FSA? Its fine if they have space but mostly they don't and have no cover. Dont get caught holding the ball when you are the last player before your own goal ...period.

Comment

ML does not teach the modern game
        Please elaborate . Tell us the " modern game " . Seriously, I would like to know.

Comment

Please elaborate . Tell us the " modern game " . Seriously, I would like to know.
          Sorry Mike, you're a pro ..... Figure it yourself .... Watch a pro game sometime.

Comment

Sorry Mike, you're a pro ..... Figure it yourself .... Watch a pro game sometime.

Well, I'm not Mike and I'm not the guy who made the other post, but it's a fair question.

Do you even know what the "modern game" means? Share that with us and perhaps we will find your opinion worth something here.

Comment

Well, I'm not Mike and I'm not the guy who made the other post, but it's a fair question.

Do you even know what the "modern game" means? Share that with us and perhaps we will find your opinion worth something here.
              Exactly. I posed the question, and was told to "watch a pro game sometime ".
              I am not content that children should be playing like pros if that's what was intended.
              So I really would like to know.

Comment

Exactly. I posed the question, and was told to "watch a pro game sometime ".
                I am not content that children should be playing like pros if that's what was intended.
                So I really would like to know.
                Prepare for disappointment.

He heard that term "modern game" used by the color commentaries of some BPL, Serie A or even an MLS announcer and liked that term. He's been looking for weeks on how he could use it to show us all he is soccer smart.

He can't tell you what the modern game means, because that would mean he knew what the "old" game was and how it changed, what forces led to that change, etc.

Kind of hard to do when all he does is watch his kid's youth games and catch some soccer on television or attend a game now and then.

Comment

Prepare for disappointment.

He heard that term "modern game" used by the color commentaries of some BPL, Serie A or even an MLS announcer and liked that term. He's been looking for weeks on how he could use it to show us all he is soccer smart.

He can't tell you what the modern game means, because that would mean he knew what the "old" game was and how it changed, what forces led to that change, etc.

Kind of hard to do when all he does is watch his kid's youth games and catch some soccer on television or attend a game now and then.
                  Thanks, yeah I know. I was a bit excited. I keep thinking with all the experts on here I could learn something I don't know. Silly me.

Comment

your center back should be passing out of pressure

Comment

Thanks, yeah I know. I was a bit excited. I keep thinking with all the experts on here I could learn something I don't know. Silly me.
                      Anyone who knows anything about soccer knows the way the game has changed over the years. You don't have to be an "expert" to know this but at FSA what you get is a bunch of dad who don't know jack shyt about soccer. They pretend they know it all instead.

Comment

Anyone who knows anything about soccer knows the way the game has changed over the years. You don't have to be an "expert" to know this but at FSA what you get is a bunch of dad who don't know jack shyt about soccer. They pretend they know it all instead.
                        All you FSA posts will look good on your resume under "what I did during my CFC internship"

Comment

I don't know about FSA, as I haven't been there recently. But I think it is not accurate to say that ignorance of the game is exclusive to FSA parents. Every time I think I have met the last dumb parent, another pops up, wherever I may be.

Comment

your center back should be passing out of pressure
                            Backwards, and sideways if necessary, but never, ever forward.

Comment

It could be worse you could be a cfc mom and pretend you know everything about soccer

Comment

It could be worse you could be a cfc mom and pretend you know everything about soccer
                                How is this is worse than a pompous, clueless FSA dad? Explain.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X