Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not at all but she heard it said to others, especially the HS aged teams. So did I just being there from time to time, Just because they're older doesn't make it right. Plenty of yelling at the younger kids, just didn't tend to be as many personal insults. My kid is pretty tough but she knew that wasn't the kind of environment she wanted to play in.
    as has been said before- not everyone can handle the truth with out the baby powder and backrub
    i am sure both parties were happy when you decided to leave- love happy endings

Comment

Ask the players
      talk to one every night-

Comment

talk to one every night-
        Poor kid

Comment

as has been said before- not everyone can handle the truth with out the baby powder and backrub
          i am sure both parties were happy when you decided to leave- love happy endings
          you have to pay for your happy endings ;)

Comment

There is nothing wrong with this. There are expectations of an athlete. If you want to play soccer, the coach expects a certain level of fitness and you have to stay in shape.

Obesity is not ok. This fat acceptance thing is dangerous. It's not OK for anybody, but especially not for teenage girls that want to play competitive soccer/be athletes.

I admire people that have the balls to hold others accountable and call it how it is. Yes, some kids needs to make careful dietary choices, and I would be disappointed if the coach didn't point that out.
            Remind me not to let my kids around you. Fitness is one thing; belittling players about their weight in front of others? Not appropriate.

Comment

Remind me not to let my kids around you. Fitness is one thing; belittling players about their weight in front of others? Not appropriate.
              If they're fat, then they're unlikely to be fit. It's absolutely appropriate.

Little Suzy needs a reality check when she's pushing obesity, not a safe place.

Comment

If they're fat, then they're unlikely to be fit. It's absolutely appropriate.

Little Suzy needs a reality check when she's pushing obesity, not a safe place.
                When was the last time you saw a nearly obese soccer player? Especially by HS it's mostly waifs. Yell (and YU coaches love to yell) about fitness, not weight.

Comment

When was the last time you saw a nearly obese soccer player? Especially by HS it's mostly waifs. Yell (and YU coaches love to yell) about fitness, not weight.
                  I saw that video of Fsa playing Yankee. The fog was thick, but not nearly as thick as some of those Yankee players.

Ps...the kit makes those girls look like ice pops. Like those bomb pops from back in the day.

Comment

I would argue that it's mal-adapted kids that thrive in that environment. kids (especially girls) should be taught that nothing is worth being abused/abased--let alone paying to be treated that way. parents should know this too. there are other options out there where your kid will be treated respectfully.
                    Calling BS. My kid played for the guy for four years and he never ever criticized anyone except for ability and effort. He never got personal. I understand people on here have axes to grind over their precious babies not being able to cut it, but give me a break. You can criticize the guy for catering to his "star", joysticking, whatever, but saying he's calling kids out for personal stuff, just not true.

Comment

Calling BS. My kid played for the guy for four years and he never ever criticized anyone except for ability and effort. He never got personal. I understand people on here have axes to grind over their precious babies not being able to cut it, but give me a break. You can criticize the guy for catering to his "star", joysticking, whatever, but saying he's calling kids out for personal stuff, just not true.
                      People are discussing all YU coaches not just JN. WM is a piece of work

Comment

Your kid probably wasn’t one of the fat kids

Comment

I saw that video of Fsa playing Yankee. The fog was thick, but not nearly as thick as some of those Yankee players.

Ps...the kit makes those girls look like ice pops. Like those bomb pops from back in the day.
                          the fog is in your head
                          they played FSA on a beautiful day
                          you cant even get the teams right

Comment

Who cares? JN probably will quit coaching SJ because the talent is gone. The little one will probably not go to SJ. Yankee teams usually have 1 good player that gets their @$$ kissed and the rest stink.

Comment

Who cares? JN probably will quit coaching SJ because the talent is gone. The little one will probably not go to SJ. Yankee teams usually have 1 good player that gets their @$$ kissed and the rest stink.
                              JN will retire right after coaching the great pino for 4 years

Comment

As long as SJ gets a superstar every four years - and JN continues as coach - the team will do well.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X