Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Don't know since FP had never attempted to kick out another club and take away their fields. Come to think of it... no other club in Tampa Bay has done that. Way to go Celtic. Others grow by working out partnerships and symbiotic relationships with each other. This is the first attempt at a hostile takeover so far.
    This is some major league spin. But keep selling.

One club is offering grass roots local soccer for local people. The other is trying to monopolize the entire market and you want to sell that Celtic is somehow the bad guy here? That's rich.

Let's be honest, the only reason this is happening is because AS can't get coaches who want to coach for him, and he can't get admin do all the grunt work on rosters and passes which is actually what running a club is. So he goes to the giant mega club to do it for him because he's lazy and he can't keep help, and they do nothing but pillage the local market of talent and don't give a crap about anything else going on there.

Celtic is a lifeline for the city and they are wise to take it.

Comment

This is some major league spin. But keep selling.

One club is offering grass roots local soccer for local people. The other is trying to monopolize the entire market and you want to sell that Celtic is somehow the bad guy here? That's rich.

Let's be honest, the only reason this is happening is because AS can't get coaches who want to coach for him, and he can't get admin do all the grunt work on rosters and passes which is actually what running a club is. So he goes to the giant mega club to do it for him because he's lazy and he can't keep help, and they do nothing but pillage the local market of talent and don't give a crap about anything else going on there.

Celtic is a lifeline for the city and they are wise to take it.
      Keep spinning things around as much as you like. The bottom line is while FP wants to come in and grow a club based on these 70 something players on the other hand Celtic wants to come in take over the fields and kick the current teams out. Just plain wrong. And if you think FP just wants to take top players away you're delusional. These players are already driving up to Pasco, TBU or CC. Celtic has a good program but it also can't keep its best players moving to clubs that can offer better leagues and growth. So whatever... keep telling yourself these lies so you sleep better at night. Celtic is still a ruthless unethical organization every bit as much as FP.

Comment

I'm not sure what this fella is talking about, but this seems pretty straightforward

Largo United has had low registration numbers for years in both rec and competitive. Five years ago they did a deal with TBU that was a failure and now they are doing a deal with FP cuz they can't seem to run a successful club on their own.

This year about 85 kids in the competitive program, and about 100 players in rec at LU. Those numbers are terrible and unacceptable for a Club that has been there as long as it has, especially with the resources at their disposal.

The problem is that those fields are paid for by Largo residents and are for Largo residents to use. If the club is only serving less than 200 kids in the rec and comp programs, the city should be looking at other options. Those fields are empty.

In regards to the 70 players and families, I think that holding tryouts on fields you don't have an agreement on, and telling parents otherwise, is pretty unethical. I mean, hold the tryouts, but maybe be truthful with the families about the lease situation and tell them they might have to play on a separate campus? Just a thought.

Also, I'm sure Celtic would be happy to work with those families to find a spot for them. It's just too bad because this situation could have been avoided if LU had been transparent, but they chose not to.

BTW, isn't the lease up at the end of the month? Why is it unethical to put in a proposal to offer a different option? LU can present their plan for those fields, so why can't they make their case to the City? This seems like an open process to me, not sure why someone would be upset about this.

The City of Largo would be foolish not to explore other options, and this stuff below is just nonsense...

Keep spinning things around as much as you like. The bottom line is while FP wants to come in and grow a club based on these 70 something players on the other hand Celtic wants to come in take over the fields and kick the current teams out. Just plain wrong. And if you think FP just wants to take top players away you're delusional. These players are already driving up to Pasco, TBU or CC. Celtic has a good program but it also can't keep its best players moving to clubs that can offer better leagues and growth. So whatever... keep telling yourself these lies so you sleep better at night. Celtic is still a ruthless unethical organization every bit as much as FP.

Comment

I think the consensus, outside of concerned Celtic parents, is that we don't care if Celtics get the fields or not -- we just don't want FP cancer to spread to Largo.

Comment

Smells like Florida Premier wants in on March Madness $$ and fields for their $pring $howcase

Comment

Because celtic isn't competition.

I think the consensus, outside of concerned Celtic parents, is that we don't care if Celtics get the fields or not -- we just don't want FP cancer to spread to Largo.

Comment

Smells like Florida Premier wants in on March Madness $$ and fields for their $pring $howcase
                To bad Largo doesn't own the tournament. It's owned by AS son who lives in Georgia and he flys down for it every year.

Comment

Wow...I think the consensus is that you my friend are the cancer of youth soccer. If you and your club do things great why do you care what FP is doing. If FP is not a good club people will not go there. Stop being scared and try to kill competition out of fear and let people choose. Don't take away my choice because you think you know what's best for me.

Comment

Wow...I think the consensus is that you my friend are the cancer of youth soccer. If you and your club do things great why do you care what FP is doing. If FP is not a good club people will not go there. Stop being scared and try to kill competition out of fear and let people choose. Don't take away my choice because you think you know what's best for me.
                    The talking point FP has their minions running with is so tired and played out. Enough already. City will have a decision soon and if it's FP, it will be another 2-3 year failed experiment. If it's Celtic maybe something can finally happen in central Pinellas, finally.

Comment

If it is FP, there is a 50% chance that it is a 2-3 year failed experiment. If it is Celtic, it will continue to be the same group doing mediocre things just on an additional campus just as it was been the LU running it. No risk, no reward, but also no total failure. That's what the city has before it.

The talking point FP has their minions running with is so tired and played out. Enough already. City will have a decision soon and if it's FP, it will be another 2-3 year failed experiment. If it's Celtic maybe something can finally happen in central Pinellas, finally.

Comment

It is true. They don't need new fields and their current fields are close enough for anyone wanting to be part of Celtic already. What they want is to keep the competition out so the families have only the option of driving long distances or playing for Celtic.

Comment

It is true. They don't need new fields and their current fields are close enough for anyone wanting to be part of Celtic already. What they want is to keep the competition out so the families have only the option of driving long distances or playing for Celtic.
                          It's not about keeping the competition out. It's about busting up the shifty AS/FP scam.

Comment

What's the "scam" Please explain and provide details.

It's not about keeping the competition out. It's about busting up the shifty AS/FP scam.

Comment

Fake news. Anyone in that area can go to Strictly or Chargers or PCU no problem at all.

Comment

PCU and Strictly aren't competition. CC should be but has gone stale. Celtic doesn't want TBU or FP there as that is actual competition. It's ok. Just accept it as a justifiable business decision to cut out the competition. Just don't keep with the BS that it is "for the kids" or "for the rec" We all know what it is all about.

Fake news. Anyone in that area can go to Strictly or Chargers or PCU no problem at all.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X