Girls Academy League NW

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if there is a difference between scholarships for women's soccer and men's soccer and maybe that's why we're seeing disagreement. We've already seen the gender disparity with March Madness this year, I wouldn't be surprised if it exists at the program level as well. Maybe there tends to be more full scholarships for men's soccer than women's.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I wonder if there is a difference between scholarships for women's soccer and men's soccer and maybe that's why we're seeing disagreement. We've already seen the gender disparity with March Madness this year, I wouldn't be surprised if it exists at the program level as well. Maybe there tends to be more full scholarships for men's soccer than women's.
      It’s the opposite. There are more women’s programs, and there is much more scholarship money available, in women’s soccer. This is largely a by-product of the combination of title ix and the big roster sizes in football.

Comment

Curious how things turned out for the new GA NW clubs following tryouts. Heard that Harbor SC lost a lot of HS age girls who weren’t sold on the move to GA to other clubs.

Comment

Curious how things turned out for the new GA NW clubs following tryouts. Heard that Harbor SC lost a lot of HS age girls who weren’t sold on the move to GA to other clubs.
          I thought GA tryouts in a couple of months? Actually I thought you can try out anytime for GA.

Comment

Depends on the club. Playoffs are until late June so we don’t change the roster until after that. Harbor is a new GA club and doesn’t have that event so I assume they did GA tryouts at the same time as the rest of their teams.

Comment

Depends on the club. Playoffs are until late June so we don’t change the roster until after that. Harbor is a new GA club and doesn’t have that event so I assume they did GA tryouts at the same time as the rest of their teams.
              Reign has had discovery sessions over the past couple months (for the older kids players trying out just came to training sessions). Looks like they'll have two teams in most age groups. In the two oldest age groups they picked up a number of players from ecnl, rcl and strong pspl teams and it looks like they won't have much if any attrition. Not sure if they are still actively looking for players in any age groups but like any club they'll find room if the right player comes along.

Comment

Reign

"Looks like they'll have two teams in most age groups. In the two oldest age groups they picked up a number of players from ecnl, rcl and strong pspl teams and it looks like they won't have much if any attrition."

Because they did not cut anyone in their discovery/tryout process. That's why they appear to have no attrition. We know a handful that left.

Comment

"Looks like they'll have two teams in most age groups. In the two oldest age groups they picked up a number of players from ecnl, rcl and strong pspl teams and it looks like they won't have much if any attrition."

Because they did not cut anyone in their discovery/tryout process. That's why they appear to have no attrition. We know a handful that left.
                  You’re just making stuff up.

Comment

Reign has had discovery sessions over the past couple months (for the older kids players trying out just came to training sessions). Looks like they'll have two teams in most age groups. In the two oldest age groups they picked up a number of players from ecnl, rcl and strong pspl teams and it looks like they won't have much if any attrition. Not sure if they are still actively looking for players in any age groups but like any club they'll find room if the right player comes along.
                    This is what I heard too.

Comment

This is what I heard too.
                      I agree. I think this is the year that GA is equal in talent with ECNL locally across all age groups. Next year is the year they will finally overtake them. RIP ECNL.

Comment

I agree. I think this is the year that GA is equal in talent with ECNL locally across all age groups. Next year is the year they will finally overtake them. RIP ECNL.
                        How about: there are two viable options available to players and expect there's some fluidity in movement in both directions. The players (not parents) should evaluate which most closely meets their needs, aligns with their goals and then choose accordingly.

Comment

How about: there are two viable options available to players and expect there's some fluidity in movement in both directions. The players (not parents) should evaluate which most closely meets their needs, aligns with their goals and then choose accordingly.
                          GA for the win.....

Also what are your thoughts on another National League or maybe a International League for youth (no younger than 4th grade of course)

Comment

You're either trolling or delusional, so I'll assume the former. Not even the most enthusiastic GA supporters think that GA is on the same level as ECNL across the board or that ECNL is likely to see its demise any time soon. But what's reasonably clear is: (1) GA is increasingly stable and viable, both regionally and throughout the country; (2) both the GA and ECNL teams in the area are pretty uneven, with a lot of variance within most of the clubs; (3) the strongest GA teams (Reign 03/04's, a couple of Spokane teams, maybe a couple others from Reign or Gunners) could compete with most if not all of the local ECNL teams in their age groups; (5) in all age groups some of the top players in the area are choosing to stay in or move to GA clubs and don't seem to have any interest in moving to ECNL for next year.

Comment

Your kidding right? ECNL is growing stronger every day. Has GA even had any games?

Comment

I dare the 03/04 team from reign to play at any of the crossfire tournaments this summer to settle this. Gunners wouldn't even make division the 1st division in the rcl. Our kids when not at crossfire yet played the 04 gunners when they were ranked in the top 5 nationally because of all the tournaments they played in. Might of won the pspl regional that year not 100% sure and we absolutely crushed them by 5 or more goals everytime we played them. We bear them at every tournament at sixty acres and then again at the rush cups.

Fact is the reign academy avoids the ecnl teams in the state on purpose because they know if they get embarrassed by an ecnl or rcl team their whole recruiting system is shot. They lose the stigma that they are elite like the other ecnl clubs locally. Personally I think its complete crap they won't play anyone out of the Gal but it's a very smart business ploy.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X