Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That's right. New comers start from bottom.

There is Bellevue United G05 team, win founders cup as select team in NPSL and then invited and win president cup. The team decided to go to RCL. Started from bottom division and crushed every game until they move up to division 1 (after 2 or 3 years). They did pretty well in the beginning but lost several games recently. I suspect there are something change in the team. I am not with this team but kind of feel bad for them because they spent 2 or 3 years playing with weak teams.
    How would this team fair against ISC G05?

Comment

Is their Gold Team their best team?? If so, why is their best team playing in Division 4? Is it because it makes the players and parents feel good about beating other clubs C and D teams? Plus where do the girls go that want more competition with no ECNL teams? Sounds like those parents are paying Premier prices for Select Teams!
      If you're on a C or D team on a ECNL club then you're definitely playing select (or even rec) soccer. Why not hate on them? I have zero love for Valor but c'mon - everyone knows that teams start at D4 and moves up - even the S. Tacoma Chelsea's teams did it...

Comment

Heard something so funny I peed myself. CEO of Valor was telling anyone who would listen how is building a 17 field complex off of Highway 18 on 108 acres that will have 1/2 turf & 1/2 grass fields. Plus the ground will be retractable so basketball courts can be on top as well. He also was stating how he spent $600,000 to fix pea patch.

That Kool - Aid must be fantastic.

Comment

Heard something so funny I peed myself. CEO of Valor was telling anyone who would listen how is building a 17 field complex off of Highway 18 on 108 acres that will have 1/2 turf & 1/2 grass fields. Plus the ground will be retractable so basketball courts can be on top as well. He also was stating how he spent $600,000 to fix pea patch.

What about the homeless at pea patch?

Comment

Never sure if Dean is delusional or addicted to lying (likely both). His endless promises always come crashing down and nothing happens. He was telling everyone who would listen that he was going to land a huge sponsor for Valor's jerseys. His most quoted was Boeing and T-Mobile. He'd constantly tell parents he knew people and was super close to signing the deal. Valor's jerseys this year have no front sponsor and the only sponsor on the back is the grocery store of the Board Treasurer. He promised ECNL. He promised Valor would be the biggest club in the state. I guess those promises help justify the six figure salary to his board that he personally selected...

Comment

Find a hobby

We moved here a few years ago to the Renton area and decided to join Pac based on the fit for our family. Played Valor a few times and Dean is a talker who loves to name drop. I followed they have had their DOC issues, but their new DOC and his staff seem to have their players going in the right direction based on the league play this year.
              I don't quite understand the hate that it seems a few people on this thread have to tear down a club, but a few people on here need to find a new hobby. There are plenty of kids looking for places to play and enjoy soccer.

Comment

We moved here a few years ago to the Renton area and decided to join Pac based on the fit for our family. Played Valor a few times and Dean is a talker who loves to name drop. I followed they have had their DOC issues, but their new DOC and his staff seem to have their players going in the right direction based on the league play this year.
                I don't quite understand the hate that it seems a few people on this thread have to tear down a club, but a few people on here need to find a new hobby. There are plenty of kids looking for places to play and enjoy soccer.
                Its a fued war. MRFC was looking to gain market share in Maple Valley out of Black Diamond. Maple Valley Premier and Kent United struggled to offer a player pathway for top players so most of the top players were going to PacNW (mostly) or Eastside FC and some of the other clubs. MRFC saw that as an opportunity.

Unfortunately as they invested in marketing to Maple Valley residence Kent United and Maple Valley Premier mergered.

Furthering the frustration, not everyone wanted a merger. A merger means some players and coaches might be displaced or not have as significant a role when they were smaller clubs.

Many are but hurt and want to cast dispersions at Valor. On top of that Dean thinks a bit too highly of himself, and can rub people the wrong way. But he’s one guy, and really pretty harmless. They have some very good coaches (Peter Hattrup) and generally offer a good product on the field and off. If you live in Maple Valley and are interested in Premier soccer you should definitely consider.

Are they competitive yet with the other major clubs? No. Will they be? They should, they have a great geography to pull from with a ton of young families. But it will take time.

Comment

Its a fued war. MRFC was looking to gain market share in Maple Valley out of Black Diamond. Maple Valley Premier and Kent United struggled to offer a player pathway for top players so most of the top players were going to PacNW (mostly) or Eastside FC and some of the other clubs. MRFC saw that as an opportunity.

Unfortunately as they invested in marketing to Maple Valley residence Kent United and Maple Valley Premier mergered.

Furthering the frustration, not everyone wanted a merger. A merger means some players and coaches might be displaced or not have as significant a role when they were smaller clubs.

Many are but hurt and want to cast dispersions at Valor. On top of that Dean thinks a bit too highly of himself, and can rub people the wrong way. But he’s one guy, and really pretty harmless. They have some very good coaches (Peter Hattrup) and generally offer a good product on the field and off. If you live in Maple Valley and are interested in Premier soccer you should definitely consider.

Are they competitive yet with the other major clubs? No. Will they be? They should, they have a great geography to pull from with a ton of young families. But it will take time.
                  Look Valor is probably fine for younger players but can you really say that Valor would be a good choice for older more competitive kids? Why should they waste some of their best years on the field trying to build up a club?? The Valor teams are usually in division 3 or 4 and with no ECNL they really lack a competitive advantage. Might as well have your kid play Select! At least that would be cheaper.
                  And Dean isn’t the only loose screw…don’t forget his best buddy Mooney, that guy is a snake!

Comment

Go away.

Based on your viewpoint, the only choices are ECNL or Select.

Comment

Well he is right . But I’d go further and say div1 Rcl is only slightly better then the top divisions of select . It’s a really poor standard . Three practices a week to become a robotic cog in the wheel player and miss out on the kids youth grinds on them eventually . The drop out rate is high as the kids get older and the talent pool gets smaller .

Comment

Well he is right . But I’d go further and say div1 Rcl is only slightly better then the top divisions of select . It’s a really poor standard . Three practices a week to become a robotic cog in the wheel player and miss out on the kids youth grinds on them eventually . The drop out rate is high as the kids get older and the talent pool gets smaller .
                        Supply and demand. Its not nearly as stupid as EAL or PSPL.

Comment

Is their Gold Team their best team?? If so, why is their best team playing in Division 4? Is it because it makes the players and parents feel good about beating other clubs C and D teams? Plus where do the girls go that want more competition with no ECNL teams? Sounds like those parents are paying Premier prices for Select Teams!
                          The Valor G09 Gold team just won the Rainer Challenge (Samba)

Semi Final versus WPFC 09 Black 8-2
                          Championship versus PacNW 09M 5-0

Im not sure what division those teams are above play however.

Comment

Good for Valor and a great tournament

Those are both their team's directly below their ECNL team's. WA Premier Black was Div 1 last year, and Pac Maroon was Div 2. Hopefully those haters of Valor have found a new hobby as someone called out before.

The reality is that there are a number of great young coaches and players looking for places to play. Adults sharing their nonsense and unfounded bias claims against any club, on here can confuse curious parents. As another individual posted, have your kid explore all their options and pick the club that best fits your family.

Comment

WPFC Black is actually their second team - that was not in Div 1 last year - their ECNL team that won the top bracket was in D1. either way.. good for them for winning the second bracket?

Comment

WPFC Black is actually their second team - that was not in Div 1 last year - their ECNL team that won the top bracket was in D1. either way.. good for them for winning the second bracket?
                                I think it is definitely good for their program that their G09 girls won (despite only being in the second bracket as you say) - is the top division only ECNL - meaning can other teams play in that division despite not being in it?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X