Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Zags are beating teams by double digits in March Madness- wish they'd find some better competition. ; ) Can only play the team in front of you. Only 2nd team from WA to win Dallas Cup and beat a very good team in FC Dallas 5-1. Congratulations to them.
    Lol. This would be impressive if the other 7 teams weren’t so bad. FC Dallas was the only other ECNL team and they aren’t even a top 5 Texas ECNL team. The other 6 teams are RCL level teams. This is the equivalent of being in a pool with PacNW Maroon, FC Portland ECNL, EFC Composite, SU Composite, ISC Gunners, Highline Premier, and Sound FC. Blowing out low level teams who are similar in ability as the teams mentioned above is a weird flex.

Comment

Lol. This would be impressive if the other 7 teams weren’t so bad. FC Dallas was the only other ECNL team and they aren’t even a top 5 Texas ECNL team. The other 6 teams are RCL level teams. This is the equivalent of being in a pool with PacNW Maroon, FC Portland ECNL, EFC Composite, SU Composite, ISC Gunners, Highline Premier, and Sound FC. Blowing out low level teams who are similar in ability as the teams mentioned above is a weird flex.
      Correct me if I am wrong but didnt Xfire foot the whole bill? So the girls got a one week all inclusive vacation and got to play some soccer.....sign my kid up for that any day.

Most of these Xfire kids were encouraged not to participate in HS soccer....this is a nice little consolation prize.

Just be happy any of the kids are playing soccer. A year ago, most of these kids were locked up in their houses.

Comment

none

man we have some insecure parents on here.

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong but didnt Xfire foot the whole bill? So the girls got a one week all inclusive vacation and got to play some soccer.....sign my kid up for that any day.

Most of these Xfire kids were encouraged not to participate in HS soccer....this is a nice little consolation prize.

Just be happy any of the kids are playing soccer. A year ago, most of these kids were locked up in their houses.
          Most of the top players on the u19 team are (or were) playing hs, already missed 1-2 games for this boondoggle, and will now either violate the quarantine guidelines or miss the remainder of their hs seasons.

Comment

Most of the top players on the u19 team are (or were) playing hs, already missed 1-2 games for this boondoggle, and will now either violate the quarantine guidelines or miss the remainder of their hs seasons.
            Stop with the quarantine talk and some quarantine guidelines that Inslee moves every 3 weeks. There is enough data out there now that half the states are laughing at us. So sad that most of these kids aren't in school when other states have been in school the whole year.

Comment

Stop with the quarantine talk and some quarantine guidelines that Inslee moves every 3 weeks. There is enough data out there now that half the states are laughing at us. So sad that most of these kids aren't in school when other states have been in school the whole year.
              Crazy that Inslee’s advisory is now ... what the CDC recommends for everyone nationwide. 7 days’ self-quarantine after out of state travel and a negative test 5 days after return before going back to work/school/soccer. Fourth wave currently building rapidly in part because a lot of people can’t follow the basic rules (which allow for a lot of normal activity, like school, playing soccer locally, traveling for soccer and then quarantining) for another month or two.

Comment

Crazy that Inslee’s advisory is now ... what the CDC recommends for everyone nationwide. 7 days’ self-quarantine after out of state travel and a negative test 5 days after return before going back to work/school/soccer. Fourth wave currently building rapidly in part because a lot of people can’t follow the basic rules (which allow for a lot of normal activity, like school, playing soccer locally, traveling for soccer and then quarantining) for another month or two.
                Tell me why again it is recommended to wear two masks after you have had covid and also received the shot....plain comical.

The CDC has come out this week and said 80% of the people who died from Covid were obese....how about we police how many calories you can eat?

Comment

Why were they encouraged not to play high school?

Comment

Agree its stupid, but assume they will need to follow like everyone else? I’m really just wondering how out loud. I assume, based on the comments in this thread, that there is some factual knowledge here?

Comment

why does every post on this forum devolve in to people bitching about masks?

And yes XF covers all travel expenses for their ECNL girls, they only have to pay a regular league fee and buy their kits so about the same costs as RCL if they are old enough that parents don't feel like they need to travel with them.

Why the hate? Why do you care if they go play in TX? I think it's pretty damn cool that a female youth game gets some air time.

They were encouraged not to play in HS because the HS coaches have zero regard for preserving the girls bodies. I can attest to this as my kid played every minute, sometimes 3 games a week, plus having an RCL game on the weekend. One month of between 240 and and 320 game minutes a week and the kids bodies are wrecked. HS age RCL teams are cancelling games left and right as they don't have enough players to field a team and covid rules limit guest players.

Comment

why does every post on this forum devolve in to people bitching about masks?

And yes XF covers all travel expenses for their ECNL girls, they only have to pay a regular league fee and buy their kits so about the same costs as RCL if they are old enough that parents don't feel like they need to travel with them.

Why the hate? Why do you care if they go play in TX? I think it's pretty damn cool that a female youth game gets some air time.

They were encouraged not to play in HS because the HS coaches have zero regard for preserving the girls bodies. I can attest to this as my kid played every minute, sometimes 3 games a week, plus having an RCL game on the weekend. One month of between 240 and and 320 game minutes a week and the kids bodies are wrecked. HS age RCL teams are cancelling games left and right as they don't have enough players to field a team and covid rules limit guest players.
                        Jesus, was just asking a question... why the flames?

Comment

Agree its stupid, but assume they will need to follow like everyone else? I’m really just wondering how out loud. I assume, based on the comments in this thread, that there is some factual knowledge here?
                          Just reposting to see if we can get an answer on this one

Comment

Just reposting to see if we can get an answer on this one
                            The dumbest part of the quarantine rules for soccer is that essentially no one actually quarantines from anything else but soccer. It’s all for show.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X