Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Queens Soccer Coach Allegedly Abused Student for Over 5 Years: Prosecutors

By Kiki Intarasuwan • Published March 18, 2021 • Updated on March 19, 2021 at 3:35 am

A New York City soccer coach accused of sexually abusing an underage student for several years has been indicted, prosecutors said Wednesday.

The Queens District Attorney announced that Jose Claros, 57, was charged with sexual conduct against a child and sex abuse. Claros allegedly began abusing a 12-year-old boy in his Richmond Hill home up until the victim was 17 years old, according to authorities.

Claros, who was a coach for the Metropolitan Oval Academy, allegedly drove the victim home after they met at a Memorial Day weekend tournament in 2013 and offered to train him alone for free. A week later, the boy showed up at Claros' home for training but the soccer practice turned sexual after Claros allegedly kissed the victim, investigators said.

The sexual abuse continued after soccer drills and training until 2018, prosecutors said.

"The mother of this aspiring soccer player allowed her son to be alone with the defendant believing he would be a mentor and help her son realize his athletic potential," District Attorney Melinda Katz said in a news release. "Instead, the defendant allegedly betrayed that trust and sexually abused the boy for years."

Claros is expected to appear in court on March 25. It's unclear if he has obtained a representative who can speak on his behalf.

Met Oval needs to be held accountable. I’m not sure who was in charge there 8 years ago but whoever was needs to be called out. This dirtbag had access to dozens of Met Oval players.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Met Oval needs to be held accountable. I’m not sure who was in charge there 8 years ago but whoever was needs to be called out. This dirtbag had access to dozens of Met Oval players.
      It went on for years. Someone knew.

Comment

why does the organization need to be held accountable? the private training sessions were just that, private. lets form a posse and ***** this Jose Claros. he was supposed to be the responsible adult.

Lets skin him alive and hang him afterwards, in public so any other sick twisted phycho sees this and thinks twice before abusing a kid.

Comment

why does the organization need to be held accountable? the private training sessions were just that, private. lets form a posse and ***** this Jose Claros. he was supposed to be the responsible adult.

Lets skin him alive and hang him afterwards, in public so any other sick twisted phycho sees this and thinks twice before abusing a kid.
          I don't know all the details of what went on, however I can tell you that any organization that is connected with this guy "may" have exposure. When a lawsuit is filled the attorney will want deeper pockets other than an individual who likely has limited assets. The law firms out there are very good at playing connect the dots so they can bring in the ones who have the money and insurance policies into the matter.

All that pushed to the side, there are a lot of these stories out there and parents need to protect their children, not just from sexual predators. The courts don't provide the justice for the victims that is called for so I don't disagree that the parents and relatives should take matters into their own hands. People like this exist because the system that is set up to protect is broken and too soft. All and all I am struggling to see many good trainers around LI. There are good ones for sure but when you are working with kids you should be the right fit and a lot of these male and female trainers out there have no business from a soccer perspective or other perspectives being around children.

Hopefully the victim and his family can find peace at the end of all this.

Comment

I don't know all the details of what went on, however I can tell you that any organization that is connected with this guy "may" have exposure. When a lawsuit is filled the attorney will want deeper pockets other than an individual who likely has limited assets. The law firms out there are very good at playing connect the dots so they can bring in the ones who have the money and insurance policies into the matter.

All that pushed to the side, there are a lot of these stories out there and parents need to protect their children, not just from sexual predators. The courts don't provide the justice for the victims that is called for so I don't disagree that the parents and relatives should take matters into their own hands. People like this exist because the system that is set up to protect is broken and too soft. All and all I am struggling to see many good trainers around LI. There are good ones for sure but when you are working with kids you should be the right fit and a lot of these male and female trainers out there have no business from a soccer perspective or other perspectives being around children.

Hopefully the victim and his family can find peace at the end of all this.
            "The courts don't provide the justice for the victims that is called for" correct...Families of victims deserve "Natural Justice".

Comment

"The courts don't provide the justice for the victims that is called for" correct...Families of victims deserve "Natural Justice".
              My man!

I have no issue risking my freedoms to do what is right for my children.

Doing the best we can in this cesspool with some strange birds around our chidlren. I am at the point with my children where I make sure I know where their trainers live. Police are reactive and not protecting your kids, clubs are chasing numbers and money they are not protecting your kids, trainers are in this for them and mostly not in it for the kids or to make a positive difference in the communities. If one of them slips up are you going to the police, club or their house?

Comment

My man!

I have no issue risking my freedoms to do what is right for my children.

Doing the best we can in this cesspool with some strange birds around our chidlren. I am at the point with my children where I make sure I know where their trainers live. Police are reactive and not protecting your kids, clubs are chasing numbers and money they are not protecting your kids, trainers are in this for them and mostly not in it for the kids or to make a positive difference in the communities. If one of them slips up are you going to the police, club or their house?
                the house, at night, in black and in disguise (all to be burned afterward), on foot with no car. In and out and very quiet. No body will know any details, nobody except for Me and GOD.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

the house, at night, in black and in disguise (all to be burned afterward), on foot with no car. In and out and very quiet. No body will know any details, nobody except for Me and GOD.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
                  Dammm! You been planning for this haven't you?

Comment

Dammm! You been planning for this haven't you?
                    not really, i just watch a lot of movies, tv, and news.

Its evident that anytime anyone talks or brags about anything sinister that was done, they usually and/or eventually get caught.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X