Orlando City youth Soccer Club

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will be interesting to see how many show up for super y tryouts feb 11th that OCYS announced on the radio this morning. And what the makeup of coaches and players are for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Does anyone know if the youth club will remain a 501c3, or become a privately operated for-profit business?

And as a separate business entity, does it retain the FSA debt on its books?
      It's staying a 501c. In fact it is remaining the same club but changing the DBA status.

Why would you care about debt? Are you planning to pay it off if someone else didn't/doesn't do it?

Comment

Will be interesting to see how many show up for super y tryouts feb 11th that OCYS announced on the radio this morning. And what the makeup of coaches and players are for that.
        It won't be as many as you think, because FCA is going to have Super Y this year.

Comment

Addressing a couple of comments here. If the FSA debt remains, which I am sure it does, 500 or 600k for a large complex is a deal and can easily be brought under control with good management and better numbers. I don't think there will much switching of players in the spring, except maybe in the younger age groups that don't pay yearly. I think tryouts will be a huge move to the boys side at ocsc.
          You sir/madam do not need to be on TS. That is way too much common sense for one post!!

Comment

It won't be as many as you think, because FCA is going to have Super Y this year.
            That is funny. About 20 kids total from FCA played Super Y at FSA last year. Rumor has it this year CFK teams are playing at FSA too. Just how many outside people do you think will choose FCA over Orlando City?

Comment

That is true but where would you do super y? With fca or the pro teams super Y? Not really a hard choice.

Comment

That is true but where would you do super y? With fca or the pro teams super Y? Not really a hard choice.
                Honestly it depends who the coaches are and if it is boys will it be mostly the region level players making up the roster for FSA?

Comment

Honestly it depends who the coaches are and if it is boys will it be mostly the region level players making up the roster for FSA?
                  I think there are some to think Adrian Heath himself will be coaching a team or two. The reality is the majority of the coaches that are there will remain with the old KK coaches coming in. Let all the complaints about Daddy Coaches Begin.

Comment

That is funny. About 20 kids total from FCA played Super Y at FSA last year. Rumor has it this year CFK teams are playing at FSA too. Just how many outside people do you think will choose FCA over Orlando City?
                    Only 8 players from FCA played Super Y in U13 last year. 7 were from FCA U14 and 1 was from the FCA Sharks.

Comment

Oh gosh. Here we go. You think Adrian or Ian is going to be coaching Super Y? How funny how last year there was post after post of how horrible Super Y was. Now all of a sudden Super Y is the greatest thing ever. Pleeeeeease.

Comment

Only 8 players from FCA played Super Y in U13 last year. 7 were from FCA U14 and 1 was from the FCA Sharks.
                        That was the most on any team. I think a few girls played too. There didn't seem to be too many overall.

Comment

That was the most on any team. I think a few girls played too. There didn't seem to be too many overall.
                          fca sharks played super y over at tbu in tampa.

Comment

If you live in Tampa you are in right place also. Brandon FC announced there partnership with a European organization and will have Pro team, PDL, etc. it was in the news and on the USL website.
                            Brandon FC couldn't find its own ass, even if it used both hands.

Brandon FC has teams "playing up" in FPL and getting slaughtered. Brandon FC is proclaiming a Super-Y nationals championships won by another team from another club. Brandon FC is a facade.

Comment

Current CFK players who don't want to risk ex-communication from CFK for the 2012-13 season should NOT attend.

Comment

Addressing a couple of comments here. If the FSA debt remains, which I am sure it does, 500 or 600k for a large complex is a deal and can easily be brought under control with good management and better numbers. I don't think there will much switching of players in the spring, except maybe in the younger age groups that don't pay yearly. I think tryouts will be a huge move to the boys side at ocsc.
                                FSA management incurred debt when it borrowed against the complex a few years ago to cover a chronic and escalating operating shortfall. Since the parent company OC and the youth club are separate entities, the aquisition may have been structured so that the pro club has all the equity in the complex, and the youth club all the debt load.

I would agree that OCSC youth will have a good chance to improve revenues and eventually retire the debt, but keep in mind that FSA has had declining membership and revenues from tournaments for years. Don't discount the challenge as "easily brought under control". If it was easy, FSA would have done it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X