X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Unethical and Illegal
    100%. PDA is unethical on many levels. Un sportsmanship. Why have your talented kid in a corrupt environment when NJ has so many reputable clubs. Do what’s right for your kid. Unless again you are PDA family and aspire to play at Buttgers. Still unethical gangster foundation for the kid. Not good.

Comment

100%. PDA is unethical on many levels. Un sportsmanship. Why have your talented kid in a corrupt environment when NJ has so many reputable clubs. Do what’s right for your kid. Unless again you are PDA family and aspire to play at Buttgers. Still unethical gangster foundation for the kid. Not good.
      MASSIVE Matchfit Shore announcement coming soon! We are about to change the landscape once again in NJ!! #matchfitfamily

Comment

MASSIVE Matchfit Shore announcement coming soon! We are about to change the landscape once again in NJ!! #matchfitfamily
        PDA covering up for their bad rap. Cannot defend because it’s all true.

Comment

In the summer they had a new coach offer extra paid group practice right before team practice. So half the team paid extra to come an hour early while then the rest of the girls showed up to the regular practice. 8 year olds trying 2.5 hours. One time the older girls who paid for private training were being trained the SAME time as the younger team having their regular practice.

Comment

In the summer they had a new coach offer extra paid group practice right before team practice. So half the team paid extra to come an hour early while then the rest of the girls showed up to the regular practice. 8 year olds trying 2.5 hours. One time the older girls who paid for private training were being trained the SAME time as the younger team having their regular practice.
            Parents had to pay for the extra practice time?

Comment

Hi everyone,

I am looking for some feedback. Do you think its appropriate for a Coach to host private training sessions with players on their own team for a fee? Do you think this can occur without the Coach favoring or giving the said player additional playing time or opportunity?

I would imagine clubs all have policies on this type of situation. Does your club have a policy or stance? What do you think about all this? The reason I ask is this has occurred on my daughters team over the last year and the Coach has doubled the minutes of the player. Fortunately we have been able to quantify this exactly because of the in-game technology our team uses for video. Many are probably thinking perhaps the player has improved and deserved the additional time but let me just dispel that notion with a resounding NO! Every time this person enters the pitch we are playing a man down!
              Thats nothing....how about parent gets private training with the current coach so child can start and get playing time, also the parents watch the coaches dog during the games so Scruffy doesnt have to sit in the car. And the child is so bad that the coach has to jump in during practice and physically has to move the player around like a puppet bc the player has no idea whats going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post

Thats nothing....how about parent gets private training with the current coach so child can start and get playing time, also the parents watch the coaches dog during the games so Scruffy doesnt have to sit in the car. And the child is so bad that the coach has to jump in during practice and physically has to move the player around like a puppet bc the player has no idea whats going on.
                Wow that is crazy. What club is this?

Comment

Paying a coach for private training is unethical and leads to biased decisions in every facet of the game from starters to playing time to field positions.

Comment

wow that's crazy....I feel bad for the player. It seem like the parents want it more than the player. Sad

Comment

wow that's crazy....I feel bad for the player. It seem like the parents want it more than the player. Sad
                      My mom told me not to believe everything said on the Internet.

Comment

Imbecile PDA thug comment. Clearly another corrupt PDA “coach” blaming the child and parents for his unethical conduct. Fyi, youth players look at sports to improve. PDA thugs look at sports in selfish manner how it can benefit them to grow. LOL

Comment

According to the ICF website, Conflict of Interest is defined as follows:

A conflict of interest exists when you have an interest that interferes with your responsibilities as a coach or interferes with your ability to act in the best interest of the coaching profession.

A conflict of interest may arise when you use your role as a coach for inappropriate personal gain or when personal interests conflict with your coaching agreement.

Examples of conflicts to avoid include accepting or offering payments outside the coaching agreement, or having a substantial investment or position in any business to which you are providing coaching services.

Coaches should avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest.

Further, the ICF Code of Ethics, item nine states: I will seek to avoid conflicts of interest and potential conflicts of interest and openly disclose any such conflicts. I will offer to remove myself when such a conflict arises.
                          That says it all. It should be common sense, but at PDA we know that development isn't their motivation.

Comment

That says it all. It should be common sense, but at PDA we know that development isn't their motivation.
                            Who is stopping them from conducting this conflict? No one, so they will continue to do it

Comment

Who is stopping them from conducting this conflict? No one, so they will continue to do it
                              No one will stop this behavior.

Comment

No one will stop this behavior.
                                About the worst culprit of this is SB who was coaching at Ukies and is now at FC Bucks (both PA). Has his own coaching facility that his players pay to go to. Players at Ukies started making his A team once they started paying him for his extra training. Plus he is in a relationship with one of his players moms.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X