Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunshine Conference - Girls

What is the Sunshine Conference the US Youth Soccer about? Looks like it's been around a while, linked in with FYSA? They've opened the academy side for girls this year and quite a few teams are on it

link?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      What is the Sunshine Conference the US Youth Soccer about? Looks like it's been around a while, linked in with FYSA? They've opened the academy side for girls this year and quite a few teams are on it

if it's not ecnl, it does not matter.

Comment

link?
        https://www.fysa.com/events/sunshine-conference-academy-division/

Club to Club based league. Boys started last year. Girls will also play this year.
        Not to be confused with the Sunshine Conference league which is team based.

Comment

I get confused by the similar names but is this the one that, at least on the boys side, is basically for the second team for clubs that have MLS Next?

https://www.fysa.com/events/sunshine-conference-academy-division/

Club to Club based league. Boys started last year. Girls will also play this year.
          Not to be confused with the Sunshine Conference league which is team based.

Comment

I get confused by the similar names but is this the one that, at least on the boys side, is basically for the second team for clubs that have MLS Next?
            I guess you can say that. I think the main intent is for USYS to offer a club based league to compete with similar club to club formats like US Club and GAL have. Before this USYS/FYSA had only team based leagues to offer. Clearly the market (at least for the larger clubs) is to go to a club based structure to save money and market the product.

Comment

I guess you can say that. I think the main intent is for USYS to offer a club based league to compete with similar club to club formats like US Club and GAL have. Before this USYS/FYSA had only team based leagues to offer. Clearly the market (at least for the larger clubs) is to go to a club based structure to save money and market the product.
              Is that why or is it there's no qualification and it's sellable? Youth soccer's bad version of MLS.

Comment

Is that why or is it there's no qualification and it's sellable? Youth soccer's bad version of MLS.
                Membership is by application not qualification, and although it is not posted on line, my understanding is that new club acceptance must be approved by the majority of the "founding clubs". So for the girls side this would be: Chargers SC, Florida Rush, IdeaSport Soccer Academy, IMG Academy, Jacksonville FC, Miami Rush, South Florida Football Academy, FC Tampa Rangers and West Florida Flames SC.

The boys side would have a similar program and yes the original intent was a place for clubs with MLS to place the 2nd teams.

Comment

Membership is by application not qualification, and although it is not posted on line, my understanding is that new club acceptance must be approved by the majority of the "founding clubs". So for the girls side this would be: Chargers SC, Florida Rush, IdeaSport Soccer Academy, IMG Academy, Jacksonville FC, Miami Rush, South Florida Football Academy, FC Tampa Rangers and West Florida Flames SC.

The boys side would have a similar program and yes the original intent was a place for clubs with MLS to place the 2nd teams.
                  Is there a list of teams for each age group on girl's side other than the "founding clubs"?

Comment

Is there a list of teams for each age group on girl's side other than the "founding clubs"?
                    No because FYSA competitive director and her assistant both quit not too long ago so they are way behind.

Comment

It's club wide, u13 and above. Each member club provides teams in each age group that compete each home and away on the same date vs their opponent who also has teams in each age group. 6 age groups.

Comment

CC has a awesome girls program

Comment

CC has a awesome girls program
                          So on the girls side CC has a team in ECNLR, and WFF, and IMG have team in GA, so is this the league they are putting their second teams? Or are their first teams going to compete in two league?

Comment

I wonder what all of the kids of parents not on the forum do? Clearly, everyone on the forum has all of their kids in the top league. Your self-esteem issues are as bright as a second sun. Study some Buddhism or something.

Comment

We opt to play on this league so my son could play highschool as well. Yes he did make mls next so don’t need to here the pompous remarks . This league will be playing ecnl teams and showcases .

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X