Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best club for recruiting

New to ECNL. Wondering which club on the girls side does the best to support recruiting?
    DD plays for 06 ecnl.

two come to mind

Crossfire followed closely by Pac. Pac gets more local schools, Crossfire has a broader reach.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Crossfire followed closely by Pac. Pac gets more local schools, Crossfire has a broader reach.
      I agree with this assessment. XF then PAC. Then a big gap to all other clubs.

Comment

I feel like I post this on every thread, but: Don't depend on the club. The athlete needs to market themselves. That said, XF has a national rep and coaches do come out to watch their teams, so more chances to be seen and appraoched by coaches as well. My kid played XF but not a starter and had coaches reach out who saw her at tournaments but schools weren't the right fit. She ended up at her dream school where she contacted the coaches first to invite them to watch her play.

Comment

I feel like I post this on every thread, but: Don't depend on the club. The athlete needs to market themselves. That said, XF has a national rep and coaches do come out to watch their teams, so more chances to be seen and appraoched by coaches as well. My kid played XF but not a starter and had coaches reach out who saw her at tournaments but schools weren't the right fit. She ended up at her dream school where she contacted the coaches first to invite them to watch her play.
          Agree with this whole heartedly. I will also say Seattle United has stepped up in the past two years with recruiting. They offer a 1:1 session with club recruiting director for all ECNL players - not sure how many know/take advantage of this. There were also several meetings (Zoom during Covid) that were informative for parents and players. A couple included interviews with student-athletes at D1 ,D2 and D3 schools that my DD found very relatable

Comment

Agreed

This is pretty accurate. Xfire has generally more talent as they recruit state wide and players some from eastern wa to Bellingham to everywhere in between. PAC is really active with their college program.

Comment

Honest question, what about Eastside? EWA parent here looking for some ECNL experience for my DD and that's the first stop on I-90 (which really can matter!), hoping it will help with visibility and recruiting. She's currently in the RCL. This board does seem to really dislike Eastside, but I'm still hoping for some honest feedback from parents in the club. TIA

Comment

Honest question, what about Eastside? EWA parent here looking for some ECNL experience for my DD and that's the first stop on I-90 (which really can matter!), hoping it will help with visibility and recruiting. She's currently in the RCL. This board does seem to really dislike Eastside, but I'm still hoping for some honest feedback from parents in the club. TIA
                Eastside girls have varied pretty significantly:

https://public.totalglobalsports.com...ual-club/398/9

You aren’t going to get honest feedback here. Meet with the coach of your daughters age and the director of coaching for girls, Randy Hanson: https://www.eastsidefc.org/staff/randy-hanson

Find out if you like their coaching style (EFC doesn’t have a prescribed style or formation- they allow coaches to choose) and chemistry with the team seem like a fit.

Does the coaches style match your daughter?
                Does the team have a need at the position your daughter plays?
                Does the team travel match what you are looking for?
                Does your daughter feel comfortable with the girls?

If you are looking for the ECNL team most driven to win, drive a bit further to crossfire. I think overall ranking would see EFC 3rd.

Crossfire
                WPFC
                EFC

If you aren’t at an RCL club now, you can train with the team to see if there is a fit.
                If you are at an RCL club, most of the girls are doing private trainings with a group outside of team practice. Or maybe a camp. Ask the coach if maybe your daughter could join one of the private training groups.

Good luck!

Comment

https://instagram.com/waeastsidefc?utm_medium=copy_link

Comment

Eastside FC U17’s made it into ECNL Champions League (top 32 ecnl teams in the country)

https://public.totalglobalsports.com...standings/9417

Comment

Coaches recruiter players not clubs. But the ecnl shield does get coaches attention.

Think about this , make sure your current club goes to showcases and plays ECNL team.

Silverlake for example.

Go to the ID camp of the college you kid is interested in. You will get direct feedback.

Just my thoughts.

Comment

Thank you all, really helpful!

Comment

Eastside

Eastside has some really good players but doesn’t do much for recruiting. PAC invests a lot and their new girls director is supposed to be good. Crossfire or PAC.

Comment

Traveling from EWA to the west side for a club seems insane to me. Don’t think the recruiting/visibility is likely worth it.

Comment

Traveling from EWA to the west side for a club seems insane to me. Don’t think the recruiting/visibility is likely worth it.
                              Wrong.

It is worth it.

Better Clubs, Coaches, Facilities, Players, Competition on the west side.

As a result, more recruiting/visibility for those players involved.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X