•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like moultrie & thorns are doing pretty goid

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

What you failed to mention is how poor the NWSL is. You cant even get a live stream of some games and I saw one live stream that I think they were playing at a middle school in front of 60 fans.
      Thorns selling lots of hot dogs and high priced plastic cups of beer at games. Maybe they can send a little cash to the players. Sad no TV contract but ratings were really low before so tough sell.

Wish they still had Alex Morgan. She was fun to watch.

Comment

The games are kind of dull. Need something to spruce it up a little. I don’t know what that is.

I get offered free tickets all the time which is nice but the games are really long.

Comment

Moultrie now has her first professional assist and her first professional goal (though the latter wasn't in a NWSL match).

Looks like the girl can play. Cue the bitter daddies wondering why THEIR teenage bootball stars haven't gotten big offers from Nike or the Thorns.

(Obviously the NWSL is a rec league and any D1 women's team would wipe the floor with the Thorns, and it's all due to Twitter. Yeah, sure.)

Comment

well it was a free kick goal not anything in the run of play

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
              The games are kind of dull. Need something to spruce it up a little. I don’t know what that is.

I get offered free tickets all the time which is nice but the games are really long.
              It’s fun to go to the park and have a hot dog and drink beer. The quality of the soccer is not the point. I usually have a baseball game on the headphones.

maybe if they had dancers and cheerleaders like at blazer games that might help? Or zoo animals to pet?

Comment

I think the good players all went to play in Europe. The NWSL is the B league.

Comment

I think the good players all went to play in Europe. The NWSL is the B league.
                  NWSL is high school JV. Super league in Europe is the real deal.

Comment

It’s fun to go to the park and have a hot dog and drink beer. The quality of the soccer is not the point. I usually have a baseball game on the headphones.

maybe if they had dancers and cheerleaders like at blazer games that might help? Or zoo animals to pet?
                    “NWSL Thorns to sign ten year old duo from Salmon Creek”

I hear these two are the real deal.

Comment

I doubt they will play a minute for the NWSL Thorns until they get their emotions under control. Throwing tantrums in the middle of games, arguing with the refs and crying are not going to fly in a pro league. The talent is there for sure but there are other things that are important. You flip off a ref in an NWSL game and you’re getting a card and probably a red and then suspended.

Comment

NWSL is high school JV. Super league in Europe is the real deal.
                        As evidenced by our Olympic performance. The tides have turned and like with the men's game Europe is the place to play - better money, better coaching and competition, an actual soccer culture and support by real professional clubs, not clubs that can't afford their utility bills.

Comment

This will put butts in seats.

Comment

I doubt they will play a minute for the NWSL Thorns until they get their emotions under control. Throwing tantrums in the middle of games, arguing with the refs and crying are not going to fly in a pro league. The talent is there for sure but there are other things that are important. You flip off a ref in an NWSL game and you’re getting a card and probably a red and then suspended.
                            Ten year olds will be ten year olds.

Comment

As evidenced by our Olympic performance. The tides have turned and like with the men's game Europe is the place to play - better money, better coaching and competition, an actual soccer culture and support by real professional clubs, not clubs that can't afford their utility bills.
                              God you soccer guys are wankers!! Our ladies will win World Cup going away now cause that’s what we do. Cheers to the only soccer we as a country take seriously- the women’s teams.

Comment

Ten year olds cursing and flipping off referees? That would be “must see TV”. Or rather “must see livestream” since most NWSL games are just streamed.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X