Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Money over safety

It is unbelievable and disgusting that Clash at the Border and Capital Cup are continuing with the record heat. How many kids need to be treated before the decide 105 or 109 is too hot for soccer?

Outrageous. The fact they are driving to kids houses and forcibly making them play games is terrible and disgusting. None if the kids want to play. Parents don’t want them to play. It’s greedy and terrible. I’m mad.

Comment

Adults no adult

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      It is unbelievable and disgusting that Clash at the Border and Capital Cup are continuing with the record heat. How many kids need to be treated before the decide 105 or 109 is too hot for soccer?
      You can't always allow adults to make adult decisions when it comes to something like this. Every public agency, doctor, and sport affiliations (OSAA)...say no play.

Comment

If it is any consolation all afternoon games Saturday were cancelled

Comment

You can't always allow adults to make adult decisions when it comes to something like this. Every public agency, doctor, and sport affiliations (OSAA)...say no play.
          Here's a thought - be a parent and tell the coach no.

Comment

Here's a thought - be a parent and tell the coach no.
            I tried. I called the coach but he raised his voice at me and I got scared.

Everyone on this chat room has very low T. Why else do you think we’re positing anonymously?

Comment

Outrageous. The fact they are driving to kids houses and forcibly making them play games is terrible and disgusting. None if the kids want to play. Parents don’t want them to play. It’s greedy and terrible. I’m mad.
              Loser tournament anyway.

Why would you idiots let your kids play in this heat? Same morons that make their kids wear masks, but will gladly put their health at risk. And on the turf it is 125+ degrees

Idiots

Comment

Haven't seen anyone dropping from heat. They play for about 13 minutes and take a water break. Just pass the ball around and be patient. I was at Capitol yesterday and Clash today. Yes, Clash cancelled their midday games and seeing they've got games starting at 7am. I'd like to see players - and parents give it a shot. There are harder things in life and maybe dealing with a little adversity will help prepare them for adulthood. Isn't that one of the points of youth sports?

Comment

I tried. I called the coach but he raised his voice at me and I got scared.

Everyone on this chat room has very low T. Why else do you think we’re positing anonymously?
                  This makes sense. Cowards.

Comment

Cancelling all sorts of games and reworking bracket placements. Shortening all games to 25’ halves 😂. If only tournament organizers could have foreseen these sort of conditions and cancelled before players and families traveled. Couldn’t risk those hotel kickbacks though, our cash grab.

Comment

Cancelling all sorts of games and reworking bracket placements. Shortening all games to 25’ halves 😂. If only tournament organizers could have foreseen these sort of conditions and cancelled before players and families traveled. Couldn’t risk those hotel kickbacks though, our cash grab.
                      There was a bunch of teams from out of area. They could not simply cancel the tournament and I think what they did was fair. Morning games, shorter times, less games but the show must go on and they dud a good job in keeping it moving.

Parents of kids playing have choices. They could let them play or hold them out.

Organizers were in contact the whole time with health officials from Washington and Oregon.

Comment

No

Yea but threatening to ban them from future tournaments if they cannot field a team to play and not offering refunds is completely out of line.

Comment

Yea but threatening to ban them from future tournaments if they cannot field a team to play and not offering refunds is completely out of line.
                          Exactly. CASH. GRAB. Teams were concerned about the temperatures days ago and told the tournament would go on and if they didn’t play there would be consequences. If they actually cared about kids or quality of competition they would’ve cancelled early last week before anyone traveled. They clearly were concerned with the bottom line. They’ll do even better now since they are saving on ref fees for a ton of games.

Comment

Exactly. CASH. GRAB. Teams were concerned about the temperatures days ago and told the tournament would go on and if they didn’t play there would be consequences. If they actually cared about kids or quality of competition they would’ve cancelled early last week before anyone traveled. They clearly were concerned with the bottom line. They’ll do even better now since they are saving on ref fees for a ton of games.
                            Clash has been fine. Can't do anything about the weather, the alterations that HAVE been made (cancelling afternoon games, shortening other games, moving as many games to grass as they can) have made sense.

About the only people I think would have been happy about the tournament being cancelled, I think, are nutjobs from rival clubs hoping to see WashT's main fundraiser wrecked. (If the tournament HAD been cancelled, I bet the same troll whining about a "cash grab" would have demanded that WashT issue full refunds to everyone, and eat a substantial loss as a result).

In every tournament you play in, in the contract participating club signs, is language specifying what happens in case there is a weather contingency or other situation beyond the control of the host club. Teams know the risks. Sometimes, sh1t happens.

The tournament has been run fine.

Comment

Obviously no one could have predicted such extreme conditions. How an organization adjusts is what matters. Contrast this to the GAL debacle in February during the TX freeze. Total mess, many teams only got one game in and families got stuck there.

Shorter morning games is fine. Also provide any shade if possible (tents for team sidelines), free and readily available water everywhere, lots of medical staff on hand.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X