Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heat Heat and more Heat

Lots of tournaments this weekend and crazy hot temps. I am not seeing alot of cancellations in my limited team circles. It seems unsafe for the kids to play over 100. Anyone out there seeing direction from clubs or is it basically left up to individual teams to go or not.

I have my fingers crossed that we cancel or at least move the middle of the day games to morning or night.

Comment

games are already going straight through from 8:00 am through 9:00 pm on every field. No where to move them. Instead players should be hydrating now. Coaches should be making liberal use of substitutions. Water breaks should include cooling towel usage. Sunscreen to prevent burns. Don't hang out at the fields all day. There are a myriad of ways to combat the heat for the 90 minutes that they are out there. Make use of them. The kids will do just fine.

Comment

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/stor...t-shane-thomas

A high school soccer player’s death is linked to extreme heat. Why it was 100% preventable

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

A high school soccer player’s death is linked to extreme heat. Why it was 100% preventable
          one is more likely to be struck down by the Vid than from the heat this weekend.....let's hope for a safe weekend all around.

Comment

Until clubs or teams or lots of individual players decide to sit out these dangerously hot games, the insanity will continue. For everyone else, it’s about the money. For parents, it should be about their child’s health. Coaches too should put their players health first but when parents won’t even do that?

Comment

Most tournament games here are 60 mins for old ages (U13 and above), not 90 mins.

Three tournament this weekend:
              Skagit Firecrackers in Burlington
              Rainier Valley Classic in Starfire
              Rainier Challenge in Pullyup

Comment

Soccer families, players and fans are really soft......also notice the new random question to post here

Which USA National team is going to the Tokyo Olympics

Yeah we soft

Comment

Do you think it’s ever been about the kids ?

Comment

Until clubs or teams or lots of individual players decide to sit out these dangerously hot games, the insanity will continue. For everyone else, it’s about the money. For parents, it should be about their child’s health. Coaches too should put their players health first but when parents won’t even do that?
                    If it was really about the money, they would just cancel all games this weekend. I am sure there is a non-refundable clause and would actually make more money since they wouldnt have to pay any refs.

Comment

If it was really about the money, they would just cancel all games this weekend. I am sure there is a non-refundable clause and would actually make more money since they wouldnt have to pay any refs.
                      Who do you think would go to their tournament next year ?

Comment

Exactly.

WA Premier and the Tournament Directors are trying to do the right thing by EVERYONE.

Allowing the players to play.
                        Allowing the parents to watch their players play.
                        Obviously making some form of revenue/profit from the event.
                        Not screwing over every Team/Club/Coach/DOC by cancelling with no refunds.
                        The vast majority (over 80%) of those involved are finding ways to manage the heat, provide additional fluids, ice, towels, shade etc - the small minority (less than 20%) continually bitch and moan...

Let the kids play...
                        This coach is an *******...
                        This club doesn't develop players...
                        My son/daughter should be taking PK's...

Get a f*cking grip.

Comment

I have seen two ECNL National Events cancelled because of weather and the same teams still sign up......so stop it.

Comment

I have seen two ECNL National Events cancelled because of weather and the same teams still sign up......so stop it.
                            Stop comparing ECNL Nationals to WA Premier Rainier Challenge.

Of course Teams/Coaches will still sign up for ECNL Nationals.

A local Tournament is completely different.

Comment

Stop comparing ECNL Nationals to WA Premier Rainier Challenge.

Of course Teams/Coaches will still sign up for ECNL Nationals.

A local Tournament is completely different.
                              Still waiting on my refund for the PACNW tourney where some games were cancelled a few years ago because of snow/ice.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X