Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble

As a coach in the club, I honestly believe this club is in jeopardy of losing families. We have lost a coach within an age group that we can’t even find a single member of staff to oversee this age group. Not only that, but for no reason at all. Literally the club have no response to the way they treated quality staff members.

The leadership is at an all time low with board members with no valid experience to contribute some knowledge or experience. I had to say this but a president who hasn’t even got a back bone to rule against others. A technical director, who can’t even show face around the club because he isn’t fully invested.

A real disappointment and many families have now witnessed the incompetence of its staff and leadership. I can’t my thoughts around the fact we have lost 5 professional staff with the capacity to compete against the best. Under Ian Dawson’s guidance it seemed we was progressing nicely. What happened after his dismissal? Coach Dennis gone, Coach Andy gone, Coach Alan gone. Coach Aaron gone.

Mind blown as I have heard so many disgruntled families and looking for answers. Got Coaches overseeing 4/5 teams whilst looking for desperate coverage. I can see at this point they’re looking for anyone to step forwards.

Quality coaches are rare, we just removed 6 or 7. For no reason at all!

Embarrassing. West-Mont United is in Turmoil. FACT!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      As a coach in the club, I honestly believe this club is in jeopardy of losing families. We have lost a coach within an age group that we can’t even find a single member of staff to oversee this age group. Not only that, but for no reason at all. Literally the club have no response to the way they treated quality staff members.

The leadership is at an all time low with board members with no valid experience to contribute some knowledge or experience. I had to say this but a president who hasn’t even got a back bone to rule against others. A technical director, who can’t even show face around the club because he isn’t fully invested.

A real disappointment and many families have now witnessed the incompetence of its staff and leadership. I can’t my thoughts around the fact we have lost 5 professional staff with the capacity to compete against the best. Under Ian Dawson’s guidance it seemed we was progressing nicely. What happened after his dismissal? Coach Dennis gone, Coach Andy gone, Coach Alan gone. Coach Aaron gone.

Mind blown as I have heard so many disgruntled families and looking for answers. Got Coaches overseeing 4/5 teams whilst looking for desperate coverage. I can see at this point they’re looking for anyone to step forwards.

Quality coaches are rare, we just removed 6 or 7. For no reason at all!

Embarrassing. West-Mont United is in Turmoil. FACT!
      Sorry to hear all this for you, but honestly once ID was let go it was clear there was going to be an absolute downfall. For many years WestMont was a great club, but that has all been ruined. I had one daughter move on last year for a better opportunity but we were still happy overall. Now I’m moving my second kid completely, sadly to avoid the club.

Comment

More trouble

Glad to see some coaches of the club posting on here, as I am a coach at the club too. So people know how the coaches are feeling, we are all unhappy, and frankly all on edge as it seems the “non-soccer minded” people on the board, and NONE of them have a clue about the sport, just a bunch of elected volunteers, seem to want to fire coaches for little to no reason. It’s a shame as this club has come a long way over the years. There has still not been a coaches meeting with board and/or the new executive director, to discuss what has happened, alleviate any concerns, and discuss the future. More evidence that this was an absolute political and myopic decision to remove ID and DS.
        The board have a lot of explaining to do, especially if they don’t want to see the travel program completely implode. The “technical director” on the board is an absolute joke. Not one ounce of soccer knowledge, but yet oversees the coaching?!? This guy and president, Glenn Richardson, are the ones making decisions on the soccer direction of the club. That cannot happen as neither know the first thing about soccer, coaching soccer, or what it takes to run/manage a soccer coaching staff.

Comment

it always amazes me how quickly a club can unravel.

Comment

it always amazes me how quickly a club can unravel.
            Westmont has been slowly going downhill for 4 years now. They had their heads up their asses, convincing players/parents and locals that they were an elite club. All it takes is a look at players from other clubs and you realize they fall short.

Comment

Agree. I believe that they have the wrong leadership. Mainly the BOD, all political. Need votes to remain in control so they do what it takes to have power. Many realized that including ID. That why they parted ways, they knew that he couldn’t be a yes yes man. Well they have that person now. Only going to get worse.

Comment

Steve sawyer is someone hand picked by the board to do whatever he is told, he’s bringing all his buddies in as the director staff after losing Ian and Dennis, what a complete joke that is how could I trust these people with my son’s youth soccer career after this debacle.

Comment

Staff

Have wmu invested in new coaches yet? I heard that they’re still struggling to get coaches? I’m starting to get a little impatient with club communication.

Comment

Have wmu invested in new coaches yet? I heard that they’re still struggling to get coaches? I’m starting to get a little impatient with club communication.

Who would they even get? They’re last few hires are some of the worst coaches I’ve ever seen. Some of them don’t have even have the basic badges west mont have got themself into
                    An untenable position and have only themselves to blame.

Comment

West-Mont is doing a national search for a DOC. Any idea what they are paying?

Comment

I’m not sure who would have that information, I can make you aware that they’re not the most suitable club for anyone who wants to be respected. Fired the Director of Coaching who is the most respected person in the area.

Basically, I believe it was a personal decision and influence from board members who have been at the club less than 6 months.

Comment

That’s exactly what it was, to be more specific people clement who is on the board and has absolutely zero knowledge of soccer pushed for both Ian and dennis’s departures. Ridiculous that someone who knows nothing about soccer would have the ability to make future altering decisions at a soccer club you couldn’t make it up.

Comment

That’s exactly what it was, to be more specific people clement who is on the board and has absolutely zero knowledge of soccer pushed for both Ian and dennis’s departures. Ridiculous that someone who knows nothing about soccer would have the ability to make future altering decisions at a soccer club you couldn’t make it up.
                            Following the FC Bucks model.

Comment

Following the FC Bucks model.
                              And the FC Delco model which is worse than both of the other two.

Comment

West-Mont is doing a national search for a DOC. Any idea what they are paying?
                                West-Mont are doing a national search, does anyone know what they will pay?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X